Question for collectors

Boomstick00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello, first time poster, long time lurker. Anyway, I have a quick question. I just received a quarterly bonus at work, and I am looking to buy some comics. I am a fan of Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider. I have my choices down to two things: Either a 5.5 C.G.C. Surfer #1 (1968) signed by Stan Lee, or every issue of Ghost Rider volumes 1 and 2. Which would you opt for? They are the same price so that is not an issue, but I am unfamiliar with Ghost Rider vol.2 so I'm not certain if the writing was good or not. Any input would be appreciated.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Al_capOWN

Silver surfer #1 1968 is valued at around 1,500 dollars for a near mint condition. The one you're getting is a 5.5, so the value should be a lot less. The ghost rider #1 vol 1(1973) is worth around 120 dollars for a near mint comic and ghost rider #1 of the 2nd volume (1990, 1st appearance of deathwatch) is worth around 5 or 6 dollars in near mint. IDK how much you are paying for this items, but you said the price is the same. For me as a collector I would appreciated the silver surfer #1 issue more, not only because is worth more, but because is an older comic, thus making it a little bit more hard to find.

I would easily dish out over $200 for this

here is a 7.0 signed copy....but is not graded by CGC...IDK if it would decrease the value or not.

Boomstick00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Boomstick00

I'm sorry, I don't think I explained myself very well. The Ghost Rider option is EVERY issue in volume 1 and 2. That being issues 1-81 for volume 1, and 1-94 (plus two annuals) for volume 2. If it were just number 1's, yeah, i would take Surfer in a minute. The Rider collection is about one third low grade, one third mid, and one third high.

ETA:Both options are running right at 500 bucks.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Al_capOWN

Personally I would take silver surfer.

Boomstick00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the input. That was my original inclination, but it would be cool to own a full run too. Does anyone else have an opinion? Has anyone read Ghost Rider volume 2? If so, how were the stories?