#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you ever thought up a great story but have never posted it because someday you may write that book and you don't want the plot/ideas/concept already plastered over the internet? Or maybe you just love the story so much you just want to keep it to your self and not show anybody?

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, mostly because none of my story ideas are that great and I can't get the good ones down on paper anyway.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, mostly because none of my story ideas are that great and I can't get the good ones down on paper anyway.

They just stay vague ideas in your head?

#4 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you ever thought up a great story but have never posted it because someday you may write that book and you don't want the plot/ideas/concept already plastered over the internet? Or maybe you just love the story so much you just want to keep it to your self and not show anybody?

For original writing, sure. But generally no for fanfic ideas.

#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL.

THE.

TIME.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL.

THE.

TIME.

cool, I was hoping I wasn't the only one lol

#7 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: lol, yeah, I'm terribly paranoid like that. I've had ideas for (original) comics and stuff and haven't posted them on here.

#8 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Have you ever wrote a story and just not shown it to anyone? Not because you thought it was bad but that you love it that much you just want to keep it to your self?

#9 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I never come up with good ideas to begin with.

#10 Edited by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoy_elite said:

They just stay vague ideas in your head?

Yes.

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

I have written a lot of good stories that I am just keeping until a good artist comes and illustrates them.

#12 Posted by joewell (6651 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, i have my own little universe with a good 300 or more characters and a bunch of stories. But every time i try to put anything down it sounds like a 10 year old wrote it :P

#13 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11186 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I just write them down on paper after I told them online(on runescape lol, it was a clan thing I did. Would gather clan members together and I'd tell stories. Mostly creepypasta-type stories.) I plan on making them into a manga(kind of like how Junji Ito makes his) or a short-story book some day.

#14 Posted by Skyfire (760 posts) - - Show Bio

I get good ideas (I think) but trying get them in writing always ends bad. My language and story telling abilities leave alot to be desired.

#15 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I have original characters I write about but not on here. Feels like anyone can just take. Sometimes I might write down something, then not happy with it and throws all of it in the trash.

#16 Edited by GraniteSoldier (9011 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm working on a book now I tell no one about because of the same reason.

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24768 posts) - - Show Bio

Well considering the lack of support for original content on this fan fic forum I mainly use it to work out ideas and see where I need improvement but I doubt enough people read my stuff to steal any ideas I might have for a future book.

#18 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio