#1 Posted by SOG7dc (7872 posts) - - Show Bio

If ever comic publisher on earth came to you and said

"you may pick whatever character you want and write their ongoing series for 3 years (36 issues) and pick whatever artist you like to draw it" what character would you pick and why?

#2 Posted by waezi2 (8303 posts) - - Show Bio

Donna Troy, she deserves a solo title. In fact, she is the only founding Titan without a solo title:(

Amanda Conner as the artist.

#3 Edited by Wolverine08 (45151 posts) - - Show Bio

The Question because he already proved that he can be great solo material with Dennis O'neil's series with him back in the 80s, and the dude needs another chance.

I'd get Alex Maleev to do art.

#4 Posted by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio

The Question or Richard Dragon.

I want Richard Dragon more because the canonicity of his series is confusing.

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

None because I have no writing talent.

#6 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter and have Jae Lee with his dark artwork.

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by JetiiMitra (8807 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny... I would want to go for my favorite character, but there are others I would want to have fun with. But hell, knowing how biased I would write, "Mitran-force" would become a bigger threat than Loebforce, and I'd have pet characters worse than Bendis with Luke Cage.

Edit: I'd probably choose Mark Bagley as my artist. I grew up comics-wise on his Ultimate Spider-man.

#9 Posted by SOG7dc (7872 posts) - - Show Bio

My love for superman is making this a hard choice but I'd pick mr majestic because if any character deserves a great series it's him.

And I'd pick Ed Benes to draw it.

#10 Posted by Bierschneeman (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwing, David Zavimbe that is

i'd say Jim Lee, but I don't know how he does drawing dust and mud in the glaring sun. so Ill stick to the first Batwing artist

#11 Posted by jhazzroucher (16390 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

"you may pick whatever character you want and write their ongoing series for 3 years (36 issues) and pick whatever artist you like to draw it" what character would you pick and why?

I would pick Ororo Munroe aka Storm of the X-men because she's my favorite comic character.

#12 Posted by green_skaar (4565 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules and have my wife do the artwork, she's an art major.

#13 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have Jason Aaron finish his indestructible hulk run then bring back greg pak

#14 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

I would choose Colossus since he really needs a solo series.

I would choose either Mike Choi or John Cassaday to do the artwork.

#15 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

I would fail miserably

#16 Posted by SOG7dc (7872 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16058 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange and the artist would be Marc Silvestri .

#18 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12268 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

Donna Troy, she deserves a solo title. In fact, she is the only founding Titan without a solo title:(

I mean, Wally and Garth don't have solos either.

#19 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

I would fail miserably

well with that attitude....

Lol, I'm just being realistic. I have good ideas(imo) but crappy writing abilities.

#20 Edited by Immortal777 (7732 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Superman

I can't write so it'll be a comic without words but it will have a plot of some kind.

Jae Lee for art you'll at least get pretty pictures.

#21 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

I mean, Wally and Garth don't have solos either.

#22 Posted by SOG7dc (7872 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I would fail miserably

Lol, I'm just being realistic. I have good ideas(imo) but crappy writing abilities.

then you could get another writer to team up with. so then your ideas can be used and well written.....I like how im talking about this like its actually gonna happen lol

#23 Edited by JetiiMitra (8807 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

Funny... I would want to go for my favorite character, but there are others I would want to have fun with. But hell, knowing how biased I would write, "Mitran-force" would become a bigger threat than Loebforce, and I'd have pet characters worse than Bendis with Luke Cage.

Edit: I'd probably choose Mark Bagley as my artist. I grew up comics-wise on his Ultimate Spider-man.

Riddler or Calvin Rose.

#24 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6364 posts) - - Show Bio

The main Batman title, and Jim Lee. I'd suck at writing but it'd probably be one of the most popular books anyway. Money, here I come.

#25 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12268 posts) - - Show Bio

@lolzstastic: Oh, you meant in all of DC's history? That's my bad then. Donna kind of had a solo when she took over Wonder Womans 2006 title (though I don't remember how long that was)

#26 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: You wouldn't be writing it.

@sog7dc said:

"you may pick whatever character you want and write their ongoing series for 3 years

According to the OP you'd be writing it

#27 Posted by i_like_swords (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd make a Gears of War title and completely expand the universe. Fill in all the gaps the comics, novels and DLC haven't already filled, as well as add new content from before Pendulum Wars and after the Lambent Pandemic.

Supposing that went well, I'd also set up a few Locust mini series' featuring General RAAM, Skorge, General Karn and Myraah.

I'd also like to write for Ninjak, and turn him into someone that makes Batman's utility belt look like a cheap toy out of a cereal box.

#28 Edited by eternalnature (364 posts) - - Show Bio

color kid and arm fall off boy.

I would set it up in a apoplectic future

#29 Posted by judasnixon (6963 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman with Fiona Staples on art........

#30 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@sog7dc said:

I would fail miserably

then you could get another writer to team up with. so then your ideas can be used and well written.....I like how im talking about this like its actually gonna happen lol

I can dream can't I?

#31 Posted by dondave (38809 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter- Ivan Reis

#32 Posted by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@peppeyhare: You wouldn't be writing it.

@sog7dc said:

"you may pick whatever character you want and write their ongoing series for 3 years

According to the OP you'd be writing it

Ooh my bad I thought they'd be writing it.

#33 Posted by sinestro_GL (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm...dunno...maybe Green Lantern, or Green Lantern Corps...perhaps even JL...

But I'd definitely pick Ivan Reis as my artist!

#34 Posted by waezi2 (8303 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

I like unique character, god i would have so loved to write a story on Sentry but Rick Remender took away the whole, hero vs villian fighting within himself.

I am gonna go with Kid Loki (something similar to Gillen's run of Journey into Mystery) and the artist, of course Alex Ross :p

#36 Edited by Deadgod (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to write Marvel Horror comics so i can revive their some old properties like Midnight sons , Werewolf by Night etc

#37 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I have no writing talent, so I'd pick Grant Morrison to co-write (basically he'd do all the work and I might have an idea to throw in every once in a while) a Batman 666 title and I'd get Jae Lee to do the art.

#38 Edited by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules.

I'd pick him because he's my favorite character.