Question about "Who is the smartest character?" debates.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jack Donaghy

I've noticed that whenever people talk about the smartest characters science is the only thing that's usually taken into consideration. Why are characters who have great tactical minds like Captain America or Deathstroke ever considered when talking about smartest characters? Or other fields Matt Murdock is a great lawyer why isn't he considered a genius? The Question is a great detective, Hawkman from what I know knows a lot about history. It seems like if you aren't inventing sci fi tech you don't get the credit you deserve for being smart. Science isn't the only way to measure intelligence.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've noticed that whenever people talk about the smartest characters science is the only thing that's usually taken into consideration. Why are characters who have great tactical minds like Captain America or Deathstroke ever considered when talking about smartest characters? Or other fields Matt Murdock is a great lawyer why isn't he considered a genius? The Question is a great detective, Hawkman from what I know knows a lot about history. It seems like if you aren't inventing sci fi tech you don't get the credit you deserve for being smart. Science isn't the only way to measure intelligence.

True but science stands for:
S- Smarts
C- Clever
I- Intelligent
E- Entellectuals
N- Never-ending search across the landscape of technology
C- Concise and to the point like an old pencil
E- Smarts