Question about Wally West!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I asked this question to another poster but I'm not sure they even know. It's physics of the Flash so bear with me. The question is: when Wally steals speed from actual living beings they become statues but do their minds or "thoughts" freeze as well?

Reasons why I'm curious: Neurons control our conscience thoughts. Neurons are made up of charges from electrons. An Electron's motion is called Kinetic energy. Wally West has complete control over kinetic energy which constitutes the so-called "Speed steal". He steals the kinetic energy from beings/objects in motion via their electrons/protons/neutrons. Creating a "statue". Since neurons fire in motion via electric charges, such as ions, does Wally not only freeze the body, does he freeze the "thoughts" as well? I know that he has absolute control over his molecules. According to scans of the explanation of the speed steal, it is basically a vernacular for Kinetic energy stealing. But what do you guys/girls think?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see no difference between mind and brain/body so for me a frozen body is also a frozen mind.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3 Icarusflies  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: They don't freeze. This can be confirmed by the time he froze Inertia: Inertia was incapable of movement, but fully capable of thought. The freezing takes place in All-Star Flash something or other, right after the death of Bart Allen. His unfreezing takes place in Rogues Revenge.

Theoretically, the mind should probably be frozen, but in the DCU it doesn't work that way.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: They don't freeze. This can be confirmed by the time he froze Inertia: Inertia was incapable of movement, but fully capable of thought. The freezing takes place in All-Star Flash something or other, right after the death of Bart Allen. His unfreezing takes place in Rogues Revenge.

Theoretically, the mind should probably be frozen, but in the DCU it doesn't work that way.

Thanks for the reply and yeah, I know what you're referring to. I took his statement as more of being cruel. Freezing a speedster in time and space, while allowing his mind to move on. It's the ultimate hell, payback. I didn't really take that as an assertion on whether or not he could or couldn't. At first I might have said "it's reaching to think that" but realistically, he's stolen speed from practically anything you could imagine. He's done the speed lend, it has enhanced brain function, it stands to reason logically that a speed steal (if wally really hated someone) could literally drain their electrons of Kinetic energy leaving them as just an existing being with no essence left. Not so much of a has he, more like a could he? What do you think?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

Too difficult to answer. >.<

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Jorgevy

in theory it should work like you said OP, but in the DC universe it doesn't as already explained by my fellow Viner. Inertia is an example of that