Question about Vixen and Beast Boy

DGTachyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, we know they both have animal based super powers but I want to know something in particular.

Can Vixen actually become an animal like Beast Boy? If so, are there any examples?

And for Garth, in order to actually use the abilities of an animal does he need to be that animal or can he simply manifest their abilities the way Vixen does. I've seen images of her with claws, can he do that too?

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like Garth, Vixen can also transform into animals. She been known to transform into a cougar, an owl (Hawk and Dove mini) and half forms like a half human/half wolf and half human/ half blind cavefish (IIRC, JSA Incarnation).

As far as I know, Garth must still become the animal to gain it's ability. Though, this might have changed in the new 52.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Vixen cant change into animals in the new 52. As for Garth I think he needs to transform. Not that its an issue since he can do it in a split second.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Like Garth, Vixen can also transform into animals. She been known to transform into a cougar, an owl (Hawk and Dove mini) and half forms like a half human/half wolf and half human/ half blind cavefish (IIRC, JSA Incarnation).

As far as I know, Garth must still become the animal to gain it's ability. Though, this might have changed in the new 52.

thats kinda dumb. that was one of the things that made them unique from each other....

@ben836 said:

So, we know they both have animal based super powers but I want to know something in particular.

Can Vixen actually become an animal like Beast Boy? If so, are there any examples?

And for Garth, in order to actually use the abilities of an animal does he need to be that animal or can he simply manifest their abilities the way Vixen does. I've seen images of her with claws, can he do that too?

no, he has to change although i think he can change partially. and its actually Gar (short for Garfield) no T

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unique?1? Both Animal Man and Vixen can transform into animals but I think Gar is the only superhero who routinely does it.

When you think about it, Gar's transformation actually limit his full powers. If Gar takes on the powers of a mite, he transforms into this super small creature that can't help in battle. While at the same time, if Vixen or Animal man take on the power of a mite they gain superhuman strength (90 something tons) and super-speed (1300 mph). Gar really got the short end of the stick here. :(