Question about the era of feelings towards comics...

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

So recently i was on another thread sking what you would do if you owned a comic company, and a surprising amount of people agreed that they would have no superheroes in their universe. so i ask youu comicvine, re people tired of superheroes? How do you describe superhero? would you rather read a "Saga" style comic or a "Justice League" style comic? im asking because im starting my own comic universe and im curious about how people feel about this distinction

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Nhaa, I'm not tiered of superheroes

I would describe a superhero as a vigilante that is good at it.

Sage or JL? neither, I like down to earth comics that have grit and realism, and focus on one or two main characters. Like Batman: Year One, and Green Arrow: Longbow Hunters.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Simplified catagories IMO:

Superhero: A person who will save the citizen even if it means letting the bad guy get away.

Vigilante: A person who will stop the bad guy, then save the citizens.

Anti-Hero: A person who will kill the bad guy, and may or may not save citizens.

Yes, I like all 3. If I had my own universe, all 3 would be in it.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I like superheros. I like comics without superheros too.

Its a cliche answer but it all comes back to one thing:

writing.

A well written comic, regardless of the setting, theme, concept, direction or content is always the best.

I love me some Saga. I love me some Aquaman. They're both completely different books and yet because of the writing, they're both thoroughly enjoyable. (Good art is a bonus too :P)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I like superheros. I like comics without superheros too.

Its a cliche answer but it all comes back to one thing:

writing.

A well written comic, regardless of the setting, theme, concept, direction or content is always the best.

I love me some Saga. I love me some Aquaman. They're both completely different books and yet because of the writing, they're both thoroughly enjoyable. (Good art is a bonus too :P)

This!