Question about Secret Invasion.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DocFatalis

How on earth could the Skrulls kidnap Black Bolt. I mean, for heaven's sake, the guy is far from defenceless and he could probably take 1000 of them down with one hand tied behind his back.

Seriously, how did they achieve that?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Timandm

The same way Wolverine survived a nuclear blast at point blank range.

The same way The Hulk can leap ten miles without causing a sonic boom.. (He would have to leap with an initial velocity greater than the speed of sound to cover such a distance, yet he NEVER creates a sonic boom... hmmmm.)

The same way Reed Richards can instantly take in information from an infinite number of dimensions without his brain exploding.

The same way Legion can alter all of reality with a thought, and yet he has difficulty fighting two young kids....

How? It's all in the writing and entirely up to the writer....

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

My question is how did all the people on Marvel Earth with super human senses didn't notice the ton of people who no longer smelled human

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DocFatalis

@Timandm:

@joshmightbe:

What I meant is: has this been described on panel somewhere and then what was depicted? because I really don't see that happening. Even the Super Skrull probably would have gotten his ass handed to him after a painful pummeling.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@DocFatalis: Not as far as I know but there was a lot of stupidity in that event

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DocFatalis

@joshmightbe: I agree entirely.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Timandm

@DocFatalis: My point was, even if we can't fathom how how a thing could happen, writers will write it happening that way anyway...

For example, even as a Wolverine Fan-boy, I can't really see how Wolverine survived a nuclear blast when he was only a few feet away from ground zero.... His flesh was vaporized. Every cell in his body, even those within his admantium lined bones, would have been vaporized. And YET, just minutes later, he's up and killing again... The writers just...write it...without an explanation.

Now, if you want me to imagine a scenario in which Black Bolt could have been kidnapped by the Skrulls. Well, while he is an inhuman, he is still basically a human that has been altered by the terrigen gas. He has a human brain and mind. Charles Xavier can read his mind. So, he should be completely susceptible to telepathic attack.... So, how about, they have a Charles Xavier/Skrull how simply made Black Bolt fall asleep and then they collected him and imprisoned him. Perhaps they kept him asleep or in a coma. They would absolutely make sure he couldn't speak or make a sound... How's that?

But no, I don't recall them ever explaining it... There were a number of heroes for whom the story of their kidnapping was never told...

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DocFatalis

Thanks for your answer. Once again, I agree entirely, I just wish those guys would sometimes be coherent and build a story respecting the characters.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Timandm

@DocFatalis said:

Thanks for your answer. Once again, I agree entirely, I just wish those guys would sometimes be coherent and build a story respecting the characters.

You, me, and everyone who has read comic books for a while...