Question about Hardcover Comics

Justice_League

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Justice_League

I was thinking of buying a hardcover batman and justice league comic, volume 1 and 2, because I think it's too late to try and get all the paperbacks for both the series when there both are like on issue 17 or something, especially if I wanna get superman and aquaman series too, so I wanna know whether dc will release every issue as hardcover volumes all the way till the end or will they stop like half way through and just release paperbacks? Cuz it would be pointless now to buy hardcovers if I can't collect every issue, Any information will be appreciated, what about old comic series did they release hardcover volumes for the whole series, I don't really know since I'm knew to comics, but thanks to anyone who can help and understand my question lol.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By chocobojam

As far as i know they dont make their every comics into hardcover.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DH69

@chocobojam said:

As far as i know they dont make their every comics into hardcover.

i beg to differ, i buy a hell of alot of collections and i usually have to wait an additional 6 months for a TPB because for certain collections i'd much rather have a simple TPB, and this is because most of the time they only print a hardcover for the first bit of time.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chocobojam

well yes but i think that not every issue will be included in a hardcover. only the good ones.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Yung ANcient One

With my limited history they always make Hardcovers 1st before they make Paperback Volumes, but

I wanna know whether dc will release every issue as hardcover volumes all the way till the end or will they stop like half way through and just release paperbacks?

If every issue for the entire series sells, and very well at that; then YES they will make Hardcover Volumes all the way till the end. If it doesn't sell then I am not sure they will even make Paperbacks...

I got Rick Remenders Uncanny X-Force all in Hardcover so it is possible.

(+)

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

They always release HC editions for their premier superheroes like Batman, you have nothing to worry about.

Justice_League

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Justice_League

Thanks guys, much appreciated.