Q: Do you like to read comic book Anthologies/Mixes?

felipe_cagno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By felipe_cagno
No Caption Provided

Hey fellas, I was looking to get a better feel whether you enjoy reading comic anthologies/mixes as opposed to monthly titles or graphic novels with a finished story arc? Do you like jumping from an unrelated story to another?

I ask because I recently released the book "321: Fast Comics" in Brazil and it was huge, now I'm looking to publish it in the US through Kickstarter and I really need some opinion as to the format.

The breakdown for the "321" is as follows:

The first volume of the series "321: Fast Comics" collects 21 stories featuring different genres from fantasy to steampunk, from western to sci-fi, from daily life to adventure, and many more. The stories must always have:

3 Pages

2 Characters

1 Twist Ending

As long as the above rules are respected, anything goes: any genre, any characters, any situation. The challenge is always to surprise readers at the turn of three pages.

It's already out on Comixology or Kickstarter where you get a digital copy with any pledge.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/174083906/321-fast-comics-vol-1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Looks good. A lot of nice art for sure. Never read an anthology before but this is interesting.

felipe_cagno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: Glad you think so, trying really hard here to get some interest going on this at Kickstarter. And it's actually a bit surprising to know you never read an anthology, not even those old Heavy Metal mixes?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@felipe_cagno:

Actually on second thought I have read a number of Dark Horse Presents. I'm a big Hellboy, BPRD, and The Goon fan.

I see that the first volume is available on comixology for just $5. I'd say that's a pretty good deal. It's definitely something I'll be looking into more.

felipe_cagno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: Oh yeah! I heard about those Dark Horse Presents books, it featured some awesome writers like Joss Whedon and Mike Mignola, right? I haven't read that yet but found the TPB on Amazon, it's already on my cart :D

Yes, the 321 is on Comixology, but with any pledge on the Kickstarter campaign you will get that same digital copy through a redemption code Comixology will provide to backers. It's a win-win for everyone plus the chance of helping to get this comic published.

Star_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are from Brazil too?

Nice art

felipe_cagno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@star_knight: Yes, I am. I wrote the comic, the art belongs to several Brazilian top pro artists :)

Star_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@felipe_cagno: E como foi o processo de criação? Vocês conversavam pessoalmente ou discutiam atraves da internet?

felipe_cagno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By felipe_cagno

@star_knight: sempre através da internet, mesmo eu conhecendo todos pessoalmente, nunca nos encontrávamos, era tudo feito online.

Star_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@felipe_cagno: Como foi o inicio do projeto? Voçe teve a ideia e por sorte já conhecia ótimos desenhistas?

felipe_cagno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By felipe_cagno

@star_knight: I work with comics and I go to every local comic con, that's how I met these terrific artists to work with. Not sure if we're supposed to be speaking in Portuguese, I'm new around here.

Star_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Star_Knight