Batman issue 16

The Phantom Stranger issue 4

Nightwing issue 16

Batgirl issue 16

Batman Detective Comics issue 15

Batman and Robin issue 16

The graphic novel Titans Family Reunion

The graphic novel Teen Titans the Hunt for Raven

Anyone have any opinions or tips on these pulls, things to look out for, reasons why they're good (or reasons why they suck)?

I'm happy to have gotten two more graphic novels from pre-Flashpoint Titans runs, because I first became actually interested in comic book shows and characters (especially the Teen Titans) before Flashpoint, but started buying the actual comic books after Flashpoint occurred; I felt very little closure between the two universes, and it's nice to read what I feel like I missed out on, to get a sense of where these characters came from. Are there any other books that might help more with closing the gap between who the characters are now, to who they were before?

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By minigunman123

Nobody has any opinions or recommendations? :|

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

@minigunman123 said:

Nobody has any opinions or recommendations.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By mpierce2690

Well, you're picking the best of the BatFamily books, though I might drop Detective Comics for Batman: The Dark Knight if it's a "one or the other" type situation. The latter is a more cerebral, which is nice since that is Batman's "power" if you will.

Can't really recommend anything to bridge the gap between the pre-Flashpoint universe and post-Flashpoint universe, since they aren't the same. Really only Batman, to a degree, and Green Lantern kept their pre-Flashpoint story lines intact, and even then they've got pretty significant differences.

I might recommend picking up some non-BatFamily books to round out your reading though, depending on your interests. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Swamp Thing jump out as three of the best non-BatFamily books.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By minigunman123

@mpierce2690 said:

Well, you're picking the best of the BatFamily books, though I might drop Detective Comics for Batman: The Dark Knight if it's a "one or the other" type situation. The latter is a more cerebral, which is nice since that is Batman's "power" if you will.

Can't really recommend anything to bridge the gap between the pre-Flashpoint universe and post-Flashpoint universe, since they aren't the same. Really only Batman, to a degree, and Green Lantern kept their pre-Flashpoint story lines intact, and even then they've got pretty significant differences.

I might recommend picking up some non-BatFamily books to round out your reading though, depending on your interests. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Swamp Thing jump out as three of the best non-BatFamily books.

I'm actually reading Justice League, Teen Titans, and Superman, as well as the non-Bat books in the OP (Phantom Stranger, Deathstroke). Aquaman, for some reason... Just doesn't interest me. He can talk to fish, and has generic superpowers (strength, durability, sexiness), but he seems a bit bland even when he's trying to be cool, for some reason. Swamp Thing, I've never read. Wonder Woman I might give a try as well.

Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps are pretty cool comics, what pre-Flashpoint books of theirs might you recommend if I'm not familiar with the history of the characters/corps?

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mpierce2690

Have you checked out the post-Flashpoint Aquaman? Because it's had some of the best storylines of the post-Flashpoint universe.

Swamp Thing is excellent, as is everything with Scott Snyder's fingerprints on it, and the Wonder Woman solo series is really something special right now. Has a different feel from any of the DCnU books, and puts out a winner every month.

Well, the trick with Green Lantern is that it's been pretty much non-stop story-wise,. Pretty much everything from Rebirth (the return of Hal Jordan) through Sinestro Corps War and the Rage of the Red Lanterns to Blackest Night is excellent and relevant. If it's a Green Lantern book and it has Geoff Johns' name on it, it's worth reading.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@InnerVenom123 said:

@minigunman123 said:

Nobody has any opinions or recommendations.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#8  Edited By knighthood

@minigunman123 said:

Today I have pulled:

Deathstroke issue 16

Batman issue 16

Nightwing issue 16

Batgirl issue 16

Anyone have any opinions or tips on these pulls, things to look out for, reasons why they're good (or reasons why they suck)?

I'm happy to have gotten two more graphic novels from pre-Flashpoint Titans runs, because I first became actually interested in comic book shows and characters (especially the Teen Titans) before Flashpoint, but started buying the actual comic books after Flashpoint occurred; I felt very little closure between the two universes, and it's nice to read what I feel like I missed out on, to get a sense of where these characters came from. Are there any other books that might help more with closing the gap between who the characters are now, to who they were before?

• I heard people that read Deathstroke also are interested in Team 7. I don't read either.
  • Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Detective, and Batman & Robin. Have you been reading these titles? If not you may want to pick up a few back issues. Starting around #13. Personally after the crossover, I'm planning on dropping all of these except Batman and Batman & Robin. I'm starting to pick up more Marvel books so there had to be a few drops for budgetary concerns.
  • I have no advice concerning Phantom Stranger. I haven't read it. I believe this is supposed to lead up to the Trinity War event.

kh••d

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By minigunman123

@mpierce2690 said:

Have you checked out the post-Flashpoint Aquaman? Because it's had some of the best storylines of the post-Flashpoint universe.

Swamp Thing is excellent, as is everything with Scott Snyder's fingerprints on it, and the Wonder Woman solo series is really something special right now. Has a different feel from any of the DCnU books, and puts out a winner every month.

Well, the trick with Green Lantern is that it's been pretty much non-stop story-wise,. Pretty much everything from Rebirth (the return of Hal Jordan) through Sinestro Corps War and the Rage of the Red Lanterns to Blackest Night is excellent and relevant. If it's a Green Lantern book and it has Geoff Johns' name on it, it's worth reading.

I've heard lots about Aquaman, I just can't get into it though.

Wonder Woman I'm thinking of, Swamp Thing, I'm hesitant about because I don't know the character and it looks somewhat... Dreary? Odd? Not sure. I'll look through an issue next time I'm at a comic book store though.

Green Lanter + Geoff Johns, got it :P

@knighthood said:

@minigunman123 said:

Today I have pulled:

Deathstroke issue 16

Batman issue 16

Nightwing issue 16

Batgirl issue 16

• I heard people that read Deathstroke also are interested in Team 7. I don't read either.
  • Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Detective, and Batman & Robin. Have you been reading these titles? If not you may want to pick up a few back issues. Starting around #13. Personally after the crossover, I'm planning on dropping all of these except Batman and Batman & Robin. I'm starting to pick up more Marvel books so there had to be a few drops for budgetary concerns.
  • I have no advice concerning Phantom Stranger. I haven't read it. I believe this is supposed to lead up to the Trinity War event.

kh••d

Team 7 is indeed good from the one issue I've read so far, issue 0, I think I will get some other issues if/when I can afford it.

I've actually got every Batman issue, most Nightwing and Batgirl issues, several Detective issues, and most of the Batman and Robin issues, from the New 52. I'm a huge Bat fan, and most of the series' are pretty good, in my opinion.

The Phantom Stranger seems good, I would reccomend picking up a the last several issues. It introduces many important characters such as Trigon, the Spectre, The Question and more.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite

Everyone who likes Batman should get the Batman and Robin Annual. Seriously it's was pretty awesome.

Saddened by the lack of Journey into Mystery, that title needs more love.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By minigunman123

@Decoy Elite said:

Everyone who likes Batman should get the Batman and Robin Annual. Seriously it's was pretty awesome.

Never heard of that title.

That reminds me... What the heck is "Sword of Sorcerery" or whatever? What's it about, and is it mainstream DC universe, or what?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Decoy Elite

@minigunman123 said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Never heard of that title.

That reminds me... What the heck is "Sword of Sorcerery" or whatever? What's it about, and is it mainstream DC universe, or what?

Journey into Mystery is the Marvel title current staring Sif, it's pretty awesome.

Haven't heard of Sword of Sorcerery myself, I'm not up to date with DC at all.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mpierce2690

@minigunman123 said:

@mpierce2690 said:

Wonder Woman I'm thinking of, Swamp Thing, I'm hesitant about because I don't know the character and it looks somewhat... Dreary? Odd? Not sure. I'll look through an issue next time I'm at a comic book store though.

Fair enough on Aquaman.

Swamp Thing is definitely different from the typical super-heroes, but that's part of what makes him such a fantastic read. Snyder absolutely slayed it during his run and it'll be hard to top, but I'm confident in saying that Swamp Thing has been a Top Five book for the New 52.@minigunman123 said:

Sword of Sorcery is about a teenage girl whom finds out that she is actually a princess in what is called the Gem World. I picked it up a while back because of her crossover with Justice League Dark, another book that I would say is one of the finest of the New 52 since Jeff Lemire started writing it. It's ok, the last issue was excellent and I'm excited about where it will go from where it left off.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By minigunman123

@mpierce2690 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@mpierce2690 said:

Fair enough on Aquaman.

Swamp Thing is definitely different from the typical super-heroes, but that's part of what makes him such a fantastic read. Snyder absolutely slayed it during his run and it'll be hard to top, but I'm confident in saying that Swamp Thing has been a Top Five book for the New 52.@minigunman123 said:

Sword of Sorcery is about a teenage girl whom finds out that she is actually a princess in what is called the Gem World. I picked it up a while back because of her crossover with Justice League Dark, another book that I would say is one of the finest of the New 52 since Jeff Lemire started writing it. It's ok, the last issue was excellent and I'm excited about where it will go from where it left off.

That answers a lot of questions at once! Thanks!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmashBrawler

@minigunman123 said:

I recommend reading the first four issues of Sword of Sorcery (0-3) for the back-up alone. Great stuff. The main story is a little forgettable, though.