Pull List Comics Damaged

miilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By miilkshake

I'm relatively new to the world of comics. I've only been collecting for about half a year now. I have about ten titles on my pull list at a small, local shop. Today I went in to pick up Saga #18, and when I got back to the car I noticed a small-ish tear in the cover. It's the first time in six months that something like this has happened, and so I did not see the need to complain. I will simply purchase another issue at a different store and be done with it. However, for future reference, I have a couple of questions.

As I mentioned, this is a small store. Most of what they sell on their shelves are Marvel and DC, so these independent titles I order are sometimes the only copy the store will ever get in stock. As such, the owner requires me to purchase anything I've asked him to order. I suppose it varies from store to store, but in your experience would I (or should I) still be required to purchase a damaged comic?

Second, if the store owner is not responsible for the damage - as in, if the comic was damaged in shipping - should it not be the store owner's responsibility to send it back for a new copy? Is this even a possibility? I've heard of store owners sending back their floor stock if it comes in damaged, so shouldn't this also be the case with pull list deliveries?

Finally, how often does this sort of thing happen? Should I be upset by this, or is it normal? If it isn't normal, and if this sort of thing continues to happen, I might have to consider switching stores. As much as I'd like to support the local guy, I'll only do this so long as I'm receiving quality merchandise.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2 Icarusflies  Moderator

@miilkshake: You should not be required to purchase a damaged comic. It is the owner's responsibility to make sure the products that he sells are in a sellable condition.

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miilkshake: Comics coming in damaged is a pretty common occurance, what is not common is the store selling the damaged comic. The LCS I go to will package all the damaged merchandice up and send it back to the distributor, who will then replace the damaged material. I have had to wait and extra week or 2 for a comic to come in, since one time every comic of a particular title was damaged so he sent them all back, your LCS owner shouldn't be selling damaged goods, he can have them replaced for free if he sends them back.

miilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By miilkshake

@batman922: Thank you. I thought that was the case. Now I know for next time.

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batman922

@miilkshake: NP, the owner may not have noticed its ok for you to point it out and ask for a different copy