Psychic? Telepath?

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Edited By StormyWeather

whats the difference between being psychic and just telepathic?

telepathy has to do with solely reading thoughts and projecting them right? (cast illusions, mind control)

but where exactly does being psychic come in?? I mean i can look up both words in the dictionary LOL but as u kno, comics r fictional so they can kinda "stretch" science

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By StormyWeather

@Renchamp: i thought that was 'precognition', or just simply predicting the future or having visions/premonitions

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StormyWeather

@Renchamp: exactly, i was just confused cuz Jean, Emma, and Prof X have been described as "psychic" and im like uhhhh....no they're not lol, don't u luv fiction :-D

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By IcePrince_X

Psychic is a generalized term of any individuals that may have powers of the mind. In is synonymous with Psionic.

Psychic powers may be telepathy, telekinetic, pyrokinesis, psychometry, precognition, mind illusion, among other mind tricks. In my opinion, the powers of storm and magneto is a form of psychic power only its more specific and specialized.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StormyWeather

@IcePrince_X: gotcha!! very insightful, ur right, cz i have read more than once that Storm's powers r def psychic based