• 111 results
Avatar image for hammers_of_justice
hammers_of_justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are you proud to be a nerd or do you hide it like a dirty little secret ?

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By telepathic666

I wear it like a badge of honor! I mean i kinda act shy about when flirting but that is just to see how nerdy the other person is.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jorgevy

I'm a hot awesometastic nerd, so no, I don't hide it at all. I actually love talking about it with my bros and watching girls trying to intervene in the convos but having nothing to say really, and being totally ignored xD

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I wouldn't bring it up to anybody in a conversation but I don't hide my comics if people come to my house.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

I don't hide it at all. I wear Green Arrow, Darkwing Duck, Tron, Green Lantern, etc. t-shirts all the time and with pride. When I completed my English semester test in May, I pulled out my trade of Morrison's Batman & Robin and read it casually, like a boss. I just don't see the point in hiding what I love.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Loki9876

I don't hide it, I wear batman shirts outside.

kamakazi152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kamakazi152

I don't hide it in the least. People know I'm into comics, read a lot, love science and science fiction, computers, and play video games a crap ton. I'll talk to people about it if the conversation brings us to that point, but if someone isn't interested I don't try to talk about the nerdy stuff. Working where I do though I find myself in these conversations with little effort so this often makes me happy.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I could never hide it. As a kid I was short, scrawny, good in school, and sucked at every sport I played except track and rollerblading/skateboarding. Imagine if you will, a black kid in the hood, huge glasses, who wasn't interested in music or sports. But cartoons, comics, and Sinbad and Tarzan movies. Flash forward to middle school got into music (Rock, Pop, Alternative). And graduated from simple western comics to Eastern Manga and anime. My friends were outcast like me and eventually helped me come to terms with who and what I am. Most people don't have friends in these cases, I was truely blessed with a great family and a set of friends who loved me unconditionally. Also the older you get the more women begin to value intelligence. I don't hide my comics when I have female company and take women to arcades on dates or to see any super-hero/sci-fi flick that gets my attention. Considering my 4th ended with a woman in my bed? .....Yea i'm pretty damn content with my nerdiness. lol

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine

I'm not a nerd, I'm a hot geek.

mr.drac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By mr.drac

I'm a geek and proud. In fact in my school, I've become the comic guru, if any one has a comic or superhero related question, they come to me. I've spent many a lunch hour discussing in depth comic book topics to non-geeks and geeks alike.

grenade728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By grenade728

I used to hide it but the past year I said f it and took out The Dark Phoenix Saga after a math test. I really could care less what others think. If you hide it, it will be extremely hard to find people with the same interests as you, especially if they are hiding it as well. Take it from someone who knows first hand. ;)

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vortex13

@John Valentine said:

Yeah geek is more accurate for me too, just not the hot part lol. The word nerd has negative connotations too it in my opinion it. Like I feel there is also the implication of social awkwardness with the word nerd where as to me geek just means into stuff that that is thought of as uncool or unpopular or just geeky stuff like comics, science, math so on and so forth. And a geek can still be cool, a nerd can be too but like I said to me that word has negative connotations to it.

So yeah, I'm a geek and proud. All my friends I'm into sci-fi, comics, science, and stuff like that and I don't care.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Twentyfive

Not going to lie. I met my current GF through a mutual nerd friend we have. We both love comics lol, and she loves Pixar movies, so that makes being a huge comic fan easier on me.

So, yes. I'm proud to be a nerd/geek.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John Valentine
No Caption Provided

If we're going by this Venn diagram, I'm most certainly a "geek".

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By the_tree

@Vortex13 said:

@John Valentine said:

Yeah geek is more accurate for me too, just not the hot part lol. The word nerd has negative connotations too it in my opinion it. Like I feel there is also the implication of social awkwardness with the word nerd where as to me geek just means into stuff that that is thought of as uncool or unpopular or just geeky stuff like comics, science, math so on and so forth. And a geek can still be cool, a nerd can be too but like I said to me that word has negative connotations to it.

So yeah, I'm a geek and proud. All my friends I'm into sci-fi, comics, science, and stuff like that and I don't care.

I think like you, but the exact reverse.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vortex13

@John Valentine: That diagram actually perfectly represents how I view those terms.

@The_Tree: Really? Huh, interesting. Well, to each their own.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CainPanell

I Wear Nerdy T-Shirts and Read Graphic Novels in my spare time at school. I Wear my nerd flag high!

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jorgevy

@The_Tree said:

@Vortex13 said:

@John Valentine said:

I think like you, but the exact reverse.

me too. For me geek is negative, I totally refrain from it when somebody calls me it. I only accept the term Nerd to describe myself

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i'm proud to be a nerd who loves comics, anime, and videogames.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

I could never hide it. As a kid I was short, scrawny, good in school, and sucked at every sport I played except track and rollerblading/skateboarding. Imagine if you will, a black kid in the hood, huge glasses, who wasn't interested in music or sports. But cartoons, comics, and Sinbad and Tarzan movies. Flash forward to middle school got into music (Rock, Pop, Alternative). And graduated from simple western comics to Eastern Manga and anime. My friends were outcast like me and eventually helped me come to terms with who and what I am. Most people don't have friends in these cases, I was truely blessed with a great family and a set of friends who loved me unconditionally. Also the older you get the more women begin to value intelligence. I don't hide my comics when I have female company and take women to arcades on dates or to see any super-hero/sci-fi flick that gets my attention. Considering my 4th ended with a woman in my bed? .....Yea i'm pretty damn content with my nerdiness. lol

Nice explanation

As a black person I used to be like that. I wear glasses (not huge), played sports out on the playground but really wasn't that good, and didnt watch it much on TV. Music was just there. Wasnt a diehard fan but I'd listen to it. Over the years though, I have lost alot of the nerdiness I had during my youth. Instead of buying books all the time, I go shopping for clothes. Listen to way more Hip-Hop, etc. But still a kid at heart who will go on Marvel/DC wiki, or watch WWE.

Dude story of my life. Started changing the dress code. Learned to speak in the native tounge of my peers. ''Wat da lick read yo." lol Started banging my Hip-Hop. Loving Drake, Wale, and Ace Hood right now. Gained some weight. Started playing more sports. Now i'm actually a threat on the football field and B-ball court. Just never lost that love for the things I..well love. lol.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blood1991

Nearly every t-shit/hat I own is Comicbook related. The rest are video game and anime.... So yeah I'm a proud geek/nerd and i own it. I'm fly as F^&k.

Avatar image for greenflashlight
Greenflashlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Greenflashlight

I am a major nerd, Super proud of it.

Have a room in my house to showcase my nerd,

toy collection of over 800 DCUC and MLS

More comics then I care to count

my custom toy workshop

lot of comicbook art

Almost everyday I wear some type of comicbook t-shirt and boxes I have Green lantern Shoes

I am getting married soon and my bride to be wants a super nerdy reception and she not in to comicbooks

Ever one should be proud of them self does not matter what they are into a label means nothing to most people

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ms__omega
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

If you can be a nerd and hood at the same time that's me. Got good grades, played sports hung with the street dudes and watched anime, Kung fu movies and collected comic books and loved Star Trek TNG and DS9, Dr. Who etc

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Suprman

I'm very proud of being a nerd.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ARMIV2

I show it whenever I ought to.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Very proud. Wouldn't have it any other way!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kidchipotle

I think the more proper question should be directed at the OP which asks, "Are you proud of being a monkey's ass?" I hate that some people automatically assume that just because other people read comics cannot be considered anything other than a "geek" or "nerd." And that's the bottom line because Kayvee said so.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By 2chimcha3

I like being a nerd and if it comes into a conversation I'd say it. I like comics, video games, good music, novels, and fantasy. I may not be extreme about it by I am still a nerd and very happy to be one.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

I don't hide that I'm into comics, but then again I don't find myself flaunting it either.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#35  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'm nerdy when it comes to my comic book knowledge, but when it comes to being  "book smart" like in school with math or science, I'm not that nerdy. But I do make my love of comics known and I'm pretty sure that anyone who knows me knows I love comics.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't classify myself as a nerd. 

No Caption Provided
DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@sesquipedalophobe: Lol.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ssejllenrad

Ha! You guys are nerds!

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By _Zombie_

I'm a geek. Too stupid to be a nerd.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kidchipotle

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

I think the more proper question should be directed at the OP which asks, "Are you proud of being a monkey's ass?" I hate that some people automatically assume that just because other people read comics cannot be considered anything other than a "geek" or "nerd." And that's the bottom line because Kayvee said so.

There's nerds that listen to hip-hop music.

I just think that labeling people for what they like or how they are is wrong. It's a form of bullying, no less.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By girth

I am nerd lite. I love comics, video games, & cartoons just not at extreme levels.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By moywar700

Rule number one of being a geek, never say that you're I'm proud to be a geek even though you know it.That's makes you seems less of a geek.If someone asks you why you read comics, just say you are just reading because you want entertainment and not because you want to be a geek

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By InnerVenom123

I'm not a nerd.

Nerd implies overt intelligence.

I'm a geek.

And anyone who doesn't like it can go f**k themselves and die.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By _Zombie_

@InnerVenom123 said:

I'm not a nerd.

Nerd implies overt intelligence.

I'm a geek.

And anyone who doesn't like it can go f**k themselves and die.

And.. this.

Dark_Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dark_Thunder

Openly a nerd! I am also openly a bit of a redneck, which confuses people like you would not believe, and provides me with hours of entertainment.

TERMINATOR1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TERMINATOR1234

It all depends on where I'm at and who i'm talking too.

If I hang around my guy friends than yeah i can act like a nerd and a retard, but when i'm around girls, I act tottally normal.

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SyIar

Some things I hide, other things I embrace.

Avatar image for hammers_of_justice
hammers_of_justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moywar700 said:

Rule number one of being a geek, never say that you're I'm proud to be a geek even though you know it.That's makes you seems less of a geek.If someone asks you why you read comics, just say you are just reading because you want entertainment and not because you want to be a geek

Right, when I ask this question "Proud to be a nerd?" I did not really expect the answers to be so deep or open and I most definitely did not mean to offend or label anyone.

Sadly we all live in a world where society brands everyone, It is called demographics. So, if society wants to class me as a nerd because I read comics, then I am a nerd and f**king proud.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By oraclefyre

Proud nerd girl.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

There's nerds that listen to hip-hop music.

I just think that labeling people for what they like or how they are is wrong. It's a form of bullying, no less.

It depends on how you take it. Judging by all these people who call themselves nerds, I don't see it as bullying.