Proof Superman did not Destroy the Cty in MOS

• 74 results
legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/dear-metropolis-this-is-superman-1589868/

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super being on Earth caused Zod to invade it. Therefore by indirect cause, Superman destroyed the city.

Right, cuz a six-minute old baby totally decided to shoot himself in a rocket across several galaxies until he hit Smallville.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By buttersdaman000

@lvenger said:

@movieartman: And I've proven factually that it was directly Superman's fault on multiple occasions. Your desire for that not to be true doesn't change the facts, of which you've significantly twisted here. As per usual of your aggressive MOS defense for whatever reason that may be.

Lol no you haven't. Hate the movie all you like, but saying that Superman destroyed Metropolis is simply false.

vptwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: wow, one of the few people smart enough to realize only 5% of the damage in the city was caused by superman, thank you for having a brain.

vptwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: yes explain to me how it was supermans fault, explain how he turned on the war engine, explain how he destroyed half the city. Let me give you a list of everything superman destroyed off the top of my head on his own, not counting being thrown.

Superman vs Faora and Nam-Ik

-1 Ihop, a gas station, 3 cars, a mill, a hole in 4 different stories. a diesel locomotive with 2 freight cars, and a long street

Superman vs Zod

-More concrete, 2 already destroyed buildings (caused by crashing ship), some pillars (flying out of a building zod cut in half), part of an building under contstruction, grinding zods face against the side of a building, and the roof of a train station.

Now lets look at what the villians did

Superman vs Faora and Nam-Ik

-Other half of Ihop, truck, multiple roofs, concrete, a helicopter, a jet, 30 different soldiers, a diesel locomotive, and a sears

Attack on Metropolas

-35% of the buildings and cars

Superman vs Zod

-A building which probably caused another building to fall, a parking garage, a chuck out of another building, part of a contruction site, threw superman causing holes in 7 different buildings, a satellite, and anything the satellite fell on.

Case closed, you lost.

And for those who have the excuse, "Superman could have lured him away" yes idiots, cause you know, the man hellbent on destroying humanity is so dumb he's gonna follow superman out side of a well populated area he's trying to destroy, when he can simply keep superman there and destroy him while throwing him into things to cause more damage.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@reactor said:
@arturocalakayvee said:

Super being on Earth caused Zod to invade it. Therefore by indirect cause, Superman destroyed the city.

Right, cuz a six-minute old baby totally decided to shoot himself in a rocket across several galaxies until he hit Smallville.

That doesn't make him any less of a cause. Whether it his choice or not, him BEING on Earth CAUSED Zod to invade.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at least it was cool

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@arturocalakayvee: Zod was already checking all the old outposts, and since earth was one, he would've invaded earth at some point anyways, only if Clark wasn't there he would've succeeded and killed everyone

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Well for starters, Superman was not the one that decided to bring a WMD into the fight.

Superman had no connection with Metropolis at the time of the attack, Lois works there and thats about it, so you can't blame Superman for Zod's choice of target.

Zod was as strong as Superman, had better training, was only getting more and more powerful and had just sworn to kill every last human on Earth. Even if Superman had punched him out of town, as we saw, he'd come right back and keep going.

So considering how much punch they both had; was Superman supposed to hit softer and prolong the fight?

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@lvenger said:

@movieartman: And I've proven factually that it was directly Superman's fault on multiple occasions.

Your desire for that not to be true doesn't change the facts, of which you've significantly twisted here.

1.) yes as i said in the opening post, the scout ship crashing, the steel bars at the construction site, and the windows, and MABYE the oil tanker crashing into the parking garage. that is not even remotely the whole city.

2.) list where i twisted the facts of what transpired on screen even once?

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@movieartman: wow, one of the few people smart enough to realize only 5% of the damage in the city was caused by superman, thank you for having a brain.

bless you dude.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#64  Edited By Lvenger

@movieartman: I'm not interested in doing so at all. I've debunked, rebutted and invalidated your arguments before but you refuse to accept the blatant amount of destruction Superman caused in his fight with Zod for whatever reasons that may be. And I'm not in the mood to deal with more MOS fanboys who can't accept when their defense of MOS is based on flimsy foundations. Feel free to buy into your arguments, it's not like many others will do so.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who gives a F*ck whether he destroyed the city or not? It's collateral damage in a fight between two extremely powerful people, destruction is going to occur wherever they fight get over it.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MPfly88

*Huge epic battle with tons of collateral damage happens in a comic/animated show.*

Nobody complains.

*Huge epic battle with tons of collateral damage happens in a movie, that is an accurate portrayal of how these fights go down in a comic/animated show.*

"Man of Murder! Superman was so reckless! He let those people die!"

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mpfly88: apparently it's fine as long as thor destroys the city

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was awesome

jordanwise73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jordanwise73

Zod and Kal El went up to space from metropolis annd then came back to metropolis. Do you know the odds of this happening by accident? When even the slightest trajectory change would have taken them far away from the city and with Earth 70% water, I can only conclude that "Superman" wanted to return to Metropolis with Zod.

At one point he made out with Lois at Ground Zero. That's just offensive.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't seem to recall many people complaining about him not taking Darkseid out of Metropolis and destroying buildings

Loading Video...

people loved when he did this

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Superman did destroy some buildings in his fight with Zod, but the World Engine did like 99% of the damage.

vptwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: sorry dude but give up, let stupid people be really blind and stupid and continue to be wrong about the destruction in the movie, they are completely dumbasses who clearly can't pay attention.

noyoushutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's superman's fault for not trying. Superman is supposed to care about more than whether he's doing good in a fight or not.