• 79 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (34955 posts) - - Show Bio

MARVEL STUDIOS PRODUCTION CREW, ASSEMBLE! Principal photography is underway today and, while that's nothing particularly exciting for us fans, Marvel did manage to fill their notice with plenty of info about the film. We've already known it'll include the likes of Bucky (duh), Crossbones, Maria Hill, Peggy Carter, Zola, Black Widow, Nick Fury, and Falcon, but the press release confirms a previously rumored cameo, too. It looks like we will indeed see Georges St-Pierre as Batroc. However, whether or not he'll be flipping around in purple tights and sporting a silly mustache has yet to be seen. Additionally, it confirms Emily VanCamp and she was previously rumored as playing Sharon Carter (though she's named as 'Agent 13' in this press release.

Captain America is easily amused by walls.

Steve Rogers' second solo film is scheduled to shield smash theaters April 4, 2014. Viners, do you fear the film will suffer from too many characters or do you think co-directors Anthony and Joe Russo will be able to pull it off masterfully? Speak your mind below!

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6720 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be good

#2 Posted by The Average Bear (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as the bad guys are working together, it should work. Trying to juggle four villains with separate goals and back-stories will be difficult to pull off.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (34955 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as the bad guys are working together, it should work. Trying to juggle four villains with separate goals and back-stories will be difficult to pull off.

I can't imagine Batroc or Crossbones as a lead villain. I imagine they're employed by Zola.

#5 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Sharon Carter?

#6 Posted by BR_Havoc (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm optimistic about the movie.

#7 Posted by CitizenJP (627 posts) - - Show Bio

Too Legit To Quit.

#8 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@guttridgeb said:

I can't imagine Batroc or Crossbones as a lead villain. I imagine they're employed by Zola.

That's what I'm hoping for :)

#9 Posted by BR_Havoc (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey: Don't worry Sharon has been confirmed for the movie and that is only a good thing!

#10 Posted by dondave (38907 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (34955 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Sharon Carter?

You must have missed the edit. There's a line about her before the image.

#12 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8759 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope this one is as good as the first. I can hardly wait to watch it!

#13 Posted by flazam (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

it will be really good i hope they don't dwell on world war 2 to much

#14 Posted by dreamfall31 (579 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm....I wonder if they're going to follow Brubaker's Winter Soldier stuff at all. Just finished the Death of Captain America trades and loved the hell out of the series so far!

#15 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmm, more Scarlett as Black Widow...

#16 Posted by flazam (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

they could do a winter soilder solo film?

Hm....I wonder if they're going to follow Brubaker's Winter Soldier stuff at all. Just finished the Death of Captain America trades and loved the hell out of the series so far!

#17 Edited by Cap10nate (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they will release who the main villain will be. I'm still hoping for Zemo. He isn't as relevant though in the cinematic U since his dad isn't the one who put them on ice like in the books. I think it would make a great fight scene though.

Edit: Just read the full press release and it does seem like Zola will be running the show. That will be interesting.

#18 Edited by Mark_Rojas_ (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Celebration! I cannot wait for this movie, Hope they channel a significant amount of Ed Brubaker

#19 Posted by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Emily VanCamp, Cobie Smulders and Scarlet Johannsen, yaaaaaay p.s - wonder if there will be any Revenge-y glares ;)

#20 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4119 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they will release who the main villain will be. I'm still hoping for Zemo. He isn't as relevant though in the cinematic U since his dad isn't the one who put them on ice like in the books. I think it would make a great fight scene though.

Edit: Just read the full press release and it does seem like Zola will be running the show. That will be interesting.

Interesting indeed.

#21 Posted by grenade728 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! I can't wait!

#22 Edited by Loki9876 (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Batroc, crossbones and winter soldier will be assassins for the master villain. I't kinda weird Zola is in this. (I don't really see him as the master villain.)

#23 Edited by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see how they work in Falcon. He's kind of a silly creature.

#24 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

They better not eff up a Winter Solider movie!

#25 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this movie. Can't wait.

#26 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm worried about the number of characters this movie has, but I'm holding out for a fantastic sequel. Cap's first movie was a breath of fresh air after the chain of mediocrity that preceded it (Incredible Hulk, IM 2, Thor). The First Avenger is the second best MCU movie in my opinion, and if they can do the Winter Soldier justice, I'll be a very happy Cap fan indeed.

#27 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow is in this too.

#28 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3195 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait most anticipated Phase 2 movie. As much as I like the costume in Avengers, it looks like something Batman would/should wear. Here's hoping they give it a more military feel. If not it doesn't bother me that much.

#29 Posted by AlForeigner (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot wait, the only thing upsetting to read is the fact the film launches next year *sigh*. Oh well, at least we'll have Iron Man 3 to keep us busy.

#30 Posted by Lvenger (21294 posts) - - Show Bio

They have a lot to work with in this film but I'm hopeful Anthony and Russo can balance it all nicely. There's plenty of potential for good storytelling by combining SHIELD, multiple villains and the Winter Soldier storyline. If it's done right, this could be a worthy sequel to The First Avenger.

#31 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Captain America is amused by another S.H.I.E.L.D.

Made a better caption :P

Use your pun powers k4tz...pun powers!!!

#32 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Captain America is amused by another S.H.I.E.L.D.

Made a better caption :P

Use your pun powers k4tz...pun powers!!!

Hahahahahaha nice one.

#33 Edited by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenjp said:

Too Legit To Quit.

But now I'm un-legit. And that's why I must quit.

#34 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

"Like"!!!!

#35 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

Celebration! I cannot wait for this movie, Hope they channel a significant amount of Ed Brubaker

yes hopefully. and less cheese like the first movie with the blue laser guns and all.

#36 Posted by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one excited to see the Captain America/ Falcon team up on the big screen?

#37 Edited by Lykida (189 posts) - - Show Bio

And what about the news I just read that Robert Redford is portraying the "head of S.H.I.E.L.D"?

#38 Posted by kriminal (659 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope arnim zola is in his present form

#39 Posted by spidershamrock (1382 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should play up the nazi feel of the villians and show them as racist and bigotted not just some cartoony plot of trying to take over the world

#40 Posted by k4tzm4n (34955 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykida said:

And what about the news I just read that Robert Redford is portraying the "head of S.H.I.E.L.D"?

I didn't bother since we've known he'd be a gov't official, but here's what the press release specifically said about him.

"a senior leader within the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization."

#41 Edited by CitizenJP (627 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenjp said:

Too Legit To Quit.

But now I'm un-legit. And that's why I must quit.

B-b-but...don't give up! D:

#42 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

this will probably be the only Marvel movie I check out in theaters for a while. Hopefully Fury and Widow get some good screen time. Also Falcon needs his Bird control powers

#43 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4820 posts) - - Show Bio

ASDFLKJASD;LFKJASDFLKJASD;LFKJASL;DFJK;ALSDKJFASL;DKJFSLD;FJASD;FLJK

YES YES YES!!!

#45 Posted by Bonzi161 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

for me, Cap was the weakest of the Marvel films... i hope this one outshines the first

#46 Edited by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Cap was the best of Marvel films! Looks good.

#47 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3195 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool if he wore something like this.

#48 Posted by KRYPTON (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier is involved, it better be good

#49 Posted by TheGodofThunder (603 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

expecting the worse.