Predictions for 2014

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

The title says it all I'm just listing my predictions for this coming year.

Guardians of the Galaxy

I think that with the coming film we will see some big changes in the comics, for example Venom joining and Captain Marvel we should see some more interesting stories dealing with the characters enemies. We should see some sort of explanation of how Thanos and Starlord are alive and hopefully the return of Richard Rider to comics.

Concerning the film I think it could be the surprise success of the year and will be a better film than Captain America and only loosing out to Godzilla in the film business, after seeing the SDCC preview I'm very hopeful for the film and hopefully we will see the introduction of Richard Rider at the end of the film.

Original Sin

The next marvel event, I have some high hopes for this apart form I have lost all faith in Jason Aaron but then he surprised me with Thor God of Thunder so this could go either way and with art form Mike Deadto it should be a fun read and it focusing on Nick Fury it should be good.

Moon Knight

The most anticipated All new Marvel Now title for me and I have very high hopes for this one with allot of twists and turns through out the series.

Anniversary year for DC

The next year is filled with anniversaries for DC, Hal Jordan's 55th anniversary, Batman's 75th, 20 years since Zero Hour and Hal's death and 10 sine his rebirth, 30 years since Dick Grayson became Nightwing and 10 years since Sue Dinby's death in identity crisis. With all of these anniversaries will should see some anniversary issues, a whole ton of them over in the bat family.

We should see some big changes in the Green Lantern side of things to honour the first appearance of the modern "space police" Green Lantern and of course we should see some kind of Nightwing anniversary.

So all in all a big year of anniversaries in the bat side of comics

Game of Thrones

As an avid watcher and reader of the franchise I am very excited for season 4 starting in March. But I have concerns about how slow the writing is and if the TV show takes over George R.R. Martin in the coming years, but this year expect more twists and turns and hopefully a new book.

Grant Morrison

Last Year two Morrison titles, that were announced for DC, never made it two the shelves in our comic shops they were multiversity and Wonder Woman Earth One, they simply disappeared. Because they both looked like great titles I hope we see them hit the shelves in the coming year.

DC's September

For the last three years DC have done something new and different every September, New 52, zero month and Villain Month, the latter being arguably the least successful. But what will they do in 2014? With the rumours of 5 years later materialising into futures end, a weekly series, I wonder what we will see this September. I hope that we still have the 5 years later and at the moment that seems the most likely suggestion.

The Wake

After seeing the first 5 issues and being blown away, and being told that they are only a prelude to the second part and the future glimpses we have being seeing are actually the main story line I for one think this is one of the must get titles of 2014

Image still dominating

For the past 5 years image have had unexpected growth and with the recent image comic expo we should expect some awesome new titles and a 6th year of unexpected growth.

With annoucements like Low, the great beyond, Nameless, C.O.W.L and many more made by some of the industries best, Remender, Morrison, Sepncer, Kirktman, Higgins, Snyder, Fraction and many more I strongly believe that Image will join marvel and DC at the head of the business and might even take them over.

The sift from film to TV to expand

With announcements like the flash, Iron fist, Daredevil, Luke cage, Defenders and more and more films being announced I strongly believe that these new films we lead into more TV show spin-offs, whether for good of for bad expect more TV show announcements that will shock, like Hourman. I for one would love to see a Doctor Fate show.

Announcements on the new Mass Effect

With N7 day this year revealing some new pictures of Bio-ware developing a new game I expect some announcements on what it's about and who will be filling the role of Shepard in the new game.

Godzilla

After seeing the trailer for the New Godzilla movie I was blown away and decided that this will beat any other film this year, the trailer looked great and I can't wait for another trailer and the film itself, this is the must see film of the year for me and it should be for you too.

That's it form me viners.

What are your predictions for the coming year.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By flazam

cool predictions

I doubt Godzilla will come out top though it will fair like Pacific Rim

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

"I strongly believe that Image will join marvel and DC at the head of the business and might even take them over."

Lol

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam: True Pacific Rim was so bad.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Don't forget Constantine and Preacher TV shows :D

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

"I strongly believe that Image will join marvel and DC at the head of the business and might even take them over."

Lol

lol stop you :p

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You forgot Rocksteady's unannounced game in late 2014

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamc1tizen said:

@flazam: True Pacific Rim was so bad.

Wut? No it wasn't.

Yeah it kinda was I mean it was a Fun movie but as a movie it was ridiculous and quite bad.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@jonny_anonymous: it was literally the most generic and predictable movie ever. The only redeeming value was the monster battles

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

I don't think Image will take over Marvel and DC in a year, But I agree that they are gonna raise there game

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

@flazam said:

I don't think Image will take over Marvel and DC in a year, But I agree that they are gonna raise there game

I never said in a year just in the future but they are dominating the business at the moment.

@jonny_anonymous: it was literally the most generic and predictable movie ever. The only redeeming value was the monster battles

I have to agree with @avenging_x_bolt

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the DC Anniversary stuff while they might do something with Hal the major stuff this year will mostly be about Batman it being 75 years and all i mean he is getting a weekly series and while i think its completely stupid batman beyond is most likely going to have something this year hopefully it wont have Terry but DC is stupid so its going to have Terry

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

That we get a Batman vs Superman/Trinity whatever trailer before the year is over.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#20  Edited By stormshadow_x

I feel a Justice Leaguer will surely die this year

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

I'm really excited about GotG.

I actually hated Pacific Rim. Barely managed to finish it. So predictable and boring.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the DC Anniversary stuff while they might do something with Hal the major stuff this year will mostly be about Batman it being 75 years and all i mean he is getting a weekly series and while i think its completely stupid batman beyond is most likely going to have something this year hopefully it wont have Terry but DC is stupid so its going to have Terry

Personally I don't mind about the Batman Beyond in Future's End being Terry Mcguiness.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamc1tizen: Wellmy problem is his story really dosnt make any sense any more

1.Bruce wouldnt retire

2.Terry's origin no longer makes any sense

3.Terry becoming Batman dosnt work

it just seems like to much of a mess to try to cram in

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamc1tizen: Wellmy problem is his story really dosnt make any sense any more

1.Bruce wouldnt retire

2.Terry's origin no longer makes any sense

3.Terry becoming Batman dosnt work

it just seems like to much of a mess to try to cram in

I'm sure they will change the Origin for Futures End.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@arkhamc1tizen: Even if they change the origins Bruce would never allow a punk like Terry to be Batman