Pre-N52 Green Lantern Corps - Worth Buying?

rarespine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys,

I started getting into comics recently, and Green Lantern was my second stop (After Animal Man). A fellow comic-loving friend of mine told me that the current run of Green Lantern still leans on big events prior to the relaunch, so I've been collecting and reading Geoff Johns' run starting from Rebirth. However, I'm wondering if I should be reading Green Lantern Corps at the same time, or should I take a pass on it?

My pal offered his opinion by saying that he didn't consider that Pre-N52 GL Corps was all that good (or worth buying) besides the Blackest Night stuff. So, I'm looking for some more opinions. Is the Pre-New 52 run on GL Corps worth collecting, or should I stick with just Green Lantern for now and pick up GLC from the New 52 stuff?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I loved pre New 52 GLC. Patrick Gleason's art stole the show. It focused on more of the alien members than the current volume does.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

wish I knew, I already bought it all.

im in a similar situation where I am fairly new to comics (though whats going on, and the culture and conversations around comic collectors is an old hat to me as I have been hanging out in gaming stores (with comics) for 2 decades)

I picked and chose which year to start reading every character and spent WAY too much money, and gathered as many freebies as I could ,. Green Lantern I knew however I wanted to start at Rebirth. and bought every GL comic from then to now. Im just about to read my first glc comic this weekend but heres how I am doing it

GL: rebirth, GL 1-4, GLC recharge, GLC 1-6, GL 5-20 (mixed with GLC every other issue), Sinestro Corps war, GL 21-38 plus GLCs still, and then Im following one of the comic vine blackest night reading orders and then Brightest day reading orders.

I will NOT read anything GL earlier than Rebirth. im sticking too it because that's too much money already.

rarespine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanks. I'll probably read GLC alongside it, then. Seems like I'll get the most out of the universe (and cross-over events) doing it that way.