• 52 results
#1 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep hearing about how this guy is practically the most broken thing ever, even more broken than Superman prime who is omnipotent.

What are some of this guy’s feats? Give me scans please

#2 Posted by SheenLantern (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

*Superman Prime One Million (And he wasn't omnipotent)

Effortlessly pulls planets
Faster than infinity
Pushes planets by breathing on them
Destroys a solar system by sneezing on it

#3 Posted by russellmania77 (15808 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't have the scan on here but bizarro was so strong he threw sa supes back to the Stone Age n supes traveled back. He also ate kryptonite.

#4 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: The First: scan isn’t that impressive,the planets are the size of houses really and the chain looks like a normal chain so the planets mustn’t be too heavy.

Second scan is a bit weird: Faster than infinity? what does that even mean? Bursting infinity? that makes no sense as infinity is a distance or a measurement for how big something is usually,that just doesn’t make sense how it is speed related.

Third Scan: Okay that one is impressive. Post-Crisis superman could drag a planet with a lot of effort but that is pretty impressive.

Fourth Scan: That isn’t too impressive,he sneezed 5 planets that are smaller than he is.

To be honest,I’m not very impressed with this guy

#5 Posted by SheenLantern (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: 1st, those are full sized planets and the chain is magic and indestructable.

2nd, yes, it's what it looks like, Supes > Infinity. The Spectre had to tell him off afterwards because he was breaking the laws of physics too hard with his speed.

3rd, yup.

4th you can't possibly believe that's drawn to scale, those planets are obviously many millions of miles away.

#6 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: 1st: I never said that they weren’t full sized planets, I just said that they are house sized planets.

2nd: But that makes no sense, that doesn’t really make him all to fast. I have seen a scan that he flies back in time, that I can believe. However one can’t say that he is so fast he broke infinity cause how fast is that? Atleast when he flew back in time,there is some scientific evidence.

4th: Why not? this is not the milky way solar system. These planets could be really close. And besides they don’t look all that big either. And I read another thread on the lounge that he had been affected by some kind of magical powder. So even then,we don’t know if this was his own strength.

Pre-crisis Superman seems to just be hype and nothing too spectacular. I think This modern day superman is WAAAY more impressive than this overhyped Pre-Crisis Superman Character

#7 Posted by BlackWind (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman himself is saying he is saving billions of lives, it doesn't matter what they look like. Planets the size of houses, what? Bottom line, PC Superman was cartoony.

#8 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: He was saving billions of what lives? Aliens? What kind of aliens? for all you know they could be ant sized. I’m not convinced this Superman is as overkill as everyone here raves about. Post-Crisis Destroys this supposed invincible man

#9 Edited by BlackWind (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

Downplay it if you want. The fact is PC Superman was ridiculous in terms of feats.

#10 Edited by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: I’m not downplaying just look right there. Look. he is not that impressive. Post-Crisis pulled earth away, he has the infinite mass punch. He has way better feats than this. He could just punch the planets and destroy them,same thing. He also survived supernovas ( which really isn’t that impressive for any incarnation considering that the radiation powers up Supes)

#11 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

He also pretty much survived the Big Bang... so yeah. I honestly don't know what either Siegel or Shuster were thinking.

#12 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: IMP isn't gonna do crap against a guy who survived the big bang. Pre Crisis pulled multiple planets away, while Post only pulled like one, with the help of Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. He sneezed and a solar system was destroyed, what do you think is gonna happen when he exerts PHYSICAL FORCE. As for durability, he survived the big bang. Don't believe me? http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/pc-superman-even-can-survival-big-bang-1456568/

Post Crisis is practically nothing to him. He's just that OP.

#13 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: First, look at those planets,those are small as hell. Post Crisis pulled Earth a big planet. He sneezed a solar system about 5 times the size he is, and surviving supernova’s isn’t a big deal, isn’t that kind of radiation that gives him power?

Pre-Crisis is all hype

#14 Posted by BlackWind (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

So you're nitpicking about art style? It didn't "look" like a star system so therefore it's a little one? That was the way it looked back then, the art.

#15 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: Okay, first of all, Earth isn't big. It's a medium sized planet overall. Secondly, those planets are not small, you're just trying to scale up the models, but they're being seen from a different perspective. Do you look at this and think that Jupiter is only 3 inches?

And are you completely ignoring everything else I'm saying? He survived the big bang, ate kryptonite which affects post-crisis immensely, and said, "it needs salt." And moved Earth with his breath. Show me ONE scan of Post Crisis doing anything above this. Just one.

#16 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Yes,because those 5 planets are small and about Supes size, it wouldn’t take much to destroy those. Hell even Krillin from DBZ probably could destroy those (FREAKING KRILLIN). I’m not bashing the art .I’m just being honest.

#17 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: Okay I acknowledged that he blew earth away with his breath, I’m impressed with that. However those planets are not in our solar system,we don’t know how big they are,but from the size of the first planet all the way to the last the first one closest to super doesn’t look that big. And Supes pulling the earth with that hook lantern made is as impressive as Pre-crisis blowing earth with his breath. Eating kryptonite is cool though, but I’m don’t look at that as much of a feat really as it doesn’t make me say WOW. And surviving the big bang; THAT RADIATION IS WHAT POWERS HIM UP!

I’m not ignoring you, I’m just saying

#18 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: Dude, it's being seen from an artist perspective. That chain is literally going so small it's vanishing, implying that it is MUCH bigger than Supes. And he's dragging more planets than what would make up Earth's weight. You can't honestly tell me that those planets don't make up a bigger weight than Earth. That hook lantern chain thing is nowhere near as impressive as gathering air from the lungs of a 250 lb alien, and casually blowing it out of orbit. I could easily say that the supernova survival powered him up and that's what allowed him to survive, but he survived the FORCE of the explosion, as did PC Supes.

No offense, but your points are pretty irrelevant.

#19 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: they are relevant. AND I CREDIT HIM ON BLOWING THE PLANET! Those planets are not big,even from the artist perspective that planet cannot be too far if I can still see it entering the planet. And even then, that chain would have been broken due to the planet’s weight. Where does it say the chain is magic?

#20 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: It doesn't state that anywhere, and you're being WAY too technical with the planet's size and the chain. It's fiction, nothing else. And again, you can't tell me that those planets wouldn't be ABOVE the Earth's weight, and he's dragging them around like a sack of potatoes. Easily. Let it go, DC retconned him for a reason. Post Crisis wouldn't last 5 seconds against SA Superman.

#21 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: those planets are the weight of sack of potatoes if they don’t break a chain. Post- Crisis -> Pre-crisis. Prime stomps all though

#22 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: IT'S A FICTIONAL UNIVERSE. My god, you really don't understand. Post-Crisis is nowhere near as powerful as SA Superman. THERE'S A REASON WHY HE WAS RETCONNED. DC RECOGNIZED THIS THEMSELVES AND REALIZED THEY NEEDED TO CHANGE IT.

I'm sorry for getting frustrated, but I felt like I needed to get it through your head.

#23 Posted by RDClip (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people care if Supes was OP in the silver age? It was during the era in which everything was goofy (batman had multicolour batsuits, goshdarnit). And it ended decades ago. It's like critisizing Adam West's Batman or Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman for not being serious.

#24 Edited by muhabba (301 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: Okay I acknowledged that he blew earth away with his breath, I’m impressed with that. However those planets are not in our solar system,we don’t know how big they are,but from the size of the first planet all the way to the last the first one closest to super doesn’t look that big. And Supes pulling the earth with that hook lantern made is as impressive as Pre-crisis blowing earth with his breath. Eating kryptonite is cool though, but I’m don’t look at that as much of a feat really as it doesn’t make me say WOW. And surviving the big bang; THAT RADIATION IS WHAT POWERS HIM UP!

I’m not ignoring you, I’m just saying

You're either trolling or have no idea about forced perspective. The point of the first panel is that Pre-Crisis Superman is strong enough to haul several planet-sized planets, the reason they look smaller to us is called forced perspective. Superman looks bigger than the planets due to him being closer to the reader than the planets are. For wonderful examples of Forced Perspective please watch every episode of Power Rangers and every Japanese Godzilla movie. The second panel states that he's faster than infinity, basically going faster that reality can allow for, hence being chided by the Specter. (and actually Infinity is Everything and Eternity is all Time, neither is a gauge of speed) And radiation doesn't power either Post or Pre-crisis Superman, he's powered by radiation from a yellow sun. The Big Bang contains not only all radiation, including radiation that has proven to kill Superman, it also contains all matter. There for it's saying he's powerful enough to survive all energy and matter from a super condensed state into something the size of a universe. And also, everybody has apparently forgotten that Pre-Crisis Superman was capable of generating a homunculus that he grew jealous of. So yeah, there's that also.

#25 Edited by SheenLantern (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: 1st, FORCED. PERSPECTIVE. When you put your finger in front of your eyes while looking at Mt. Everest, your finger will look bigger, you're not very bright are you?

2nd, what doesn't make sense? That he broke the universes' maximum speed limit? It's exactly what it looks like; He's faster than infinite speed.

4th, those wouldn't be classified as planets if they were that sized, look at the yellow planet next to Superman's foot, do you REALLY believe that it's literally right next to Superman's foot? And you're forgetting that 90% of the solar system itself is off-screen. And no, the magical powder wasn't amping his power, because no one else's sneezes were any more powerful than they usually would be.

#26 Edited by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@muhabba: @sheenlantern: 1st: I know what forced perspective is,however,even if you look at it that way they don’t look that big. + they can’t be that heavy if the chain is able to keep itself together.

3rd: Infinite is not a speed measurement. The speed feat he has is when he traveled back in time.

4th: Do you have any proof that it is not that it isn’t right next to his foot? and saying the rest of the solar system is off screen is hyperbole.

#27 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: This is kind of pathetic. IT WAS ART FROM THE SILVER AGE, THEY WERE JUST TRYING TO FIT EVERYTHING INTO THE PANEL! If they drew the planet to perfect scale all you could see would be Superman pulling his chain which is attached to a big pink blob of NOTHING. They wrote it that Superman pulls the planet with a magical chain. Just because the planet isn't to scale doesn't mean that it does not count.

#28 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by SheenLantern (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: IT'S A MAGIC F***ING CHAIN--

F*** this, I refuse to argue with imbeciles.

#30 Posted by Crazy_Wilhelm (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, calm down, LifeShaver is clearly baiting all of you.

#31 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: Really? All you get from what I posted is "How do you know it's a magic chain?" REALLY. DID YOU IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE THAT I JUST SAID. THE CHAIN DOESN'T MATTER!!!!! I'm talking about how you deny Pre-Crisis is weaker JUST BECAUSE OF SCALE OF THE PLANET IN ORDER TO FIT IT IN THE PANEL!!! YOU ARE FAR MORE PATHETIC THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT.

#33 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: I said, even if it is perspective. The chain is strong enough to hold the planets which means they aren’t that heavy. And the chain isn’t magic as nothing indicates it

#34 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: Sorry for getting angry there. I'm just annoyed. Pre-Crisis was stronger, ok? Lets stop arguing about it. Anyway, you did admit he can blow the planet away, that would need incredibly unrealistic and impossible amounts of power.

#35 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: I don’t deny it because it happened without any weird stuff going on. I don’t accept the others though. Like sneezing away a solar system,he has sneezed before and nothing happened. I am very very skeptical about this Supes as I don’t believe for a second he is stronger than Post-Crisis

#36 Edited by SheenLantern (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: In the comic that is older than I am....

EDIT: How could the "The rest is off screen" thing be hyperbole? THERE ISN'T A SUN ON SCREEN.

#37 Posted by SheenLantern (6894 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah, as big as a house, sure.

I'm not commenting in this thread anymore, I'm convinced that you are trolling.

#40 Posted by baron2011 (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, as big as a house, sure.

I'm not commenting in this thread anymore, I'm convinced that you are trolling.

owned

#41 Edited by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Still the chain looks like a normal chain. And I am only going by what I see, I cannot say anything else. He probably didn’t sneeze a solar system in that case if there is no sun on screen

#42 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: If it was a normal chain how could it withstand the weight of a planet? It doesn't have to look magic to be magic. It might have some enchantment thing.

#43 Edited by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Yes,but the reason it withstood the weight of a planet is because those planets are VERY LIGHT.

#44 Posted by SheenLantern (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver said:

@rulerofthisuniverse: Yes,but the reason it withstood the weight of a planet is because those planets are VERY LIGHT.

No, it's because the chain is indestructable, you utter fool, how many times must it be repeated to you before it penetrates your thick skull.

#45 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: WHERE does it say it’s indestructible. give me scans of it

#46 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys just stop posting it is clear this thread was made so th OPer could pis$ you all off.

#47 Posted by SheenLantern (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: Oh well then! Where does it say that the planets are the size of a f***ing house then?

#48 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: it just looked that way. You proved me wrong though

#49 Edited by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeshaver: WHY WOULD THEY BE LIGHT ENOUGH TO CARRY AROUND ON A NORMAL CHAIN?!?!? THEY ARE FULL SIZED PLANETS, EVEN IF THEY WERE HOLLOW AND MADE OF SAND THEIR SIZE WOULD MAKE THEM FAR TO HEAVY TO CARRY ON A FRICKIN' CHAIN!