Pre-52 Do too many people know Batman's identity?

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Pre-52 Do too many people know Batman's identity? (14 votes)

Yes 64%
No 36%

I think so. I cringe when people call Batman 'Bruce'. It just took away from his original attitude toward secrecy. I believe the people that should know are the Bat-Family, Superman and Wonder Woman. It's ridiculous that even the Teen Titans and Plastic Man are aware of his identity. What do you guys think?

• 
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I think it would be ridiculous for any Telepath to not know who Batman is.

And I think all the people in the JLA tower seeing all the Wayne tech would be not-dumb enough to put 2 and 2 together.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@fallschirmjager: well batman being funded by Wayne tech is public knowledge so it would actually make sense.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fallschirmjager: The telepaths don't probe minds. There are far too many people on the Watchtower to single Batman out.

mandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Batman-Hush, as opposed to what? Nu-52 Batman is at the beginning of his career, and he took of his mask and told HAL JORDAN his identity. Dick Grayson, his &%*$&*&*%&** son was unmasked as nightwing, Batman's sidekick to the entire supervillian community, and Lex *%&*%&* Luther deduced his identity. I don't know if pre-Nu52 Batman was overexposed compared to that. Before the FSHP, writers took pains to explain why everyone who discovered Batman's Civ ID would never disclose. With Riddler, his compulsion made it impossible, with Hush and Ra's Al Ghoul, pride and honor respectively insured neither was saying anything. And Batman waited decades before telling any superhero BUT Superman his ID. To the end, he started to slip up as he became a more whole person. More people, like Catwoman became a part of his life, this was a result of decades of character development. If I were to cringe it would be at the post Forever Evil Batman supposedly being leader of the JL because he's the smart one because, holy ineptitude is he bad at hiding his Civ ID.