Power Of Friendship??? Dumbest Power-up ever. Real Strength conquer all!!!

HeartlessVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By HeartlessVine

Yes I get it. Some Shonen is for kids but when the show get's Americanized, it looks like it's near to teenagers because of all the violence.

Just had to get that out of the way before someone else said this. Listen if your a fan of Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach or One Piece. Please leave right now, as this is a RANT. I'm a fan of the Big 3 but not FT, uh-uh. They screwed up big time with Natsu's power.

Ok listen, I've been watching Anime for a long time and this theme, Friendship always comes up. Saying you're friends will be there for you always. And I'm like that's true, but as I grew up I started to realize that the saying is not as truthful as it sounds. Some of my friends left me and a lot I could've trusted but bastardize my trust and threw me aside.

Now when I watch FT I thought it was a good show, slow but decent. But that was before they gotten to the "Friendship conquers all" battles. NO NO NO!!! What the heck kind of fighting style is that?!!! Like they really screwed up in the Avatar Arc. Making Natsu, Oh I'm sorry PLOTSU, so strong he defeated a War God.

Natsu only trained for one year. While Naruto and Luffy train for like 2 years and Naruto didn't even get that strong until the very end.

Ahem say that FT went up against people like Goku (DBZ), Superman, Karate Kid, Thor, or any kind of DBZ or DC or Marvel Character. The power of Friendship wouldn't work!!

As for Naruto and One Piece, they barely show it. Those are shows that have true strength, sure they say stuff about friendship but at least they can back it up without using BS Power-ups. Ahem sure Naruto had some BS Power-up but it works out for him.

Not for people like Natsu. I don't care if he's like 400 years old. His characters shouldn't be as strong as he is now. Hiro just trying to make FT win all the time. And don't start saying Erza can win because "She's Erza!" That's also a dumb troll saying.

Geez, anyways if you agree. Say it down there.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't watch anime, so does "power of friendship" mean working together and generally using strategies or is it an actual power thing?

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

I don't watch anime, so does "power of friendship" mean working together and generally using strategies or is it an actual power thing?

It's like when ever a character friend is endangered and the character is able to win whatever conflict hes in by gaining an unforeshadowed ability or just straight up beating the enemy.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ScouterV

@maccyd said:

It's more like

Bad Guy:"I'm bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, and generally outclass you in every way."

Good Guy: "Maybe so...but with my friends behind me, I know I can do anything."

Despite no actual change, those magic words give the hero some sort of power boost allowing him to grasp victory.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I wonder if friendship is a large part of Japanese culture?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

yep.......... dumbest power-up ever

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for theredheadedyeti
TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

It's not too, too, extremely pervasive in anime but it is a fairly common theme. It's less of a powerup in most anime and more of a scenario like in Mass Effect if you've played it. In Mass Effect you can be either a paragon or renegade and the choices you make brand you as either THE BIGGEST a**hole in the galaxy or the champion of all. If you decide to be a decent person and help people and befriend them and prove to them that you are to be respected and trusted, then, when the Reapers come calling, you have not just disparate people at your back, coerced out of fear, but an army of trusted allies. This is the general theme that a good amount of anime try to get across. Be a GOOD person, be selfless (to a degree), and engender respect and trust in people and your combined might will greater than what you could have accomplished going it alone. Although I do agree that FT takes it waaaaay too far. One of the reasons I stopped watching it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I saw the title and thought of this:

Loading Video...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I blame Yugi-Oh

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silly kids, real power comes from hustle loyalty respect

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has the power of plot, so does all the character you talk about.

So this is the power of plot vs the power of plot.

Also Guardian of The Galaxy used this and i am sure they would beat MOS Superman, if the guy doesnt destroy a city first.

Also the whole idea that the stronger always wins is kinda annoying, is a myth the stronger doesnt always win, death always wins, that the only thing that always wins and JOOOOOHN CEEEEEEENAAAAAAA!!!!

He is the only power that exist.
He is the only power that exist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide: On screen, who are John Cena's friends? Zach Ryder? Please. He has no allies, let alone friends. He is loyal to himself, booking for him really hasn't indicated any hustle, and the WWE Universe is divided with regards to respect for him. He has the power of marketing.

No Caption Provided
lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lettsplay10: Repetition is a hollow argument against my claim.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vivide
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Hearth is the only superpower you need.

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That friendship thing is one of the most annoying plot points in the history of manga. If the writer wants to give a bs explanation like a time altering room a la dbz & bleach or off screen training it's fine by me so long as I get some type of explanation. I can't be told that Character A is suddenly stronger than Character B who was previously stomping Character A for the sake of plot. It's bad writing for a lazy writer especially when it happens for almost every single major battle a la Fairy Tale.

HeartlessVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Get your John Cena crap out of here. WWE is fake. It might have strength but no. Keep it Anime

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@maccyd: More like "My friends are counting with me to do this, so i have to do this/I feel their power/ that why i am so strong" crap.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hunter X Hunter would like a word with you.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Nufious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're wizards, its a spell incarnation only known to them which powers them up, on a more serious note :

It's bad writing for a lazy writer especially when it happens for almost every single major battle a la Fairy Tale.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Loading Video...

Wtf is this?

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JamTop1105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really didn't watch FT, cut the bullshit...

AWater22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly what is wrong with the "Power of Friendship". It is a very nice theme to have in a show and it is central to Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail is written so love and emotion are the essence of magic. If you don't like that you shouldn't have started watching Fairy Tail in the first place. Fairy Tail is a different series from Naruto, Bleach or One Piece.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cocacolaman  Moderator

@awater22 said:

Honestly what is wrong with the "Power of Friendship". It is a very nice theme to have in a show and it is central to Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail is written so love and emotion are the essence of magic. If you don't like that you shouldn't have started watching Fairy Tail in the first place. Fairy Tail is a different series from Naruto, Bleach or One Piece.

The main issue comes in that writing needs to keep some level of consistency and satisfaction. There's no satisfaction for 99% of adult readers when consequences don't exist.