#1 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12986 posts) - - Show Bio

If you look on Newsarama, there's a new interview up about James Robinson discussing the new Earth-2

Here's the link

The interview tells A LOT about Earth-2 and mentions Wally and Donna as well.

Read up and enjoy!

#2 Posted by danhimself (22731 posts) - - Show Bio

here's the start of another thread about how terrible DC is for not including Wally and Donna

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12986 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Not the intentions, I merely mentioned those two to get readers interested.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22731 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: oh yeah I know...them being mentioned in the interview is going to completely derail this thread though

#5 Posted by The_Tree (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

For a younger, more modern version of Jay, I really like that costume.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29515 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not allowed to post in this forum, you realize.

=P

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks rad!

#8 Posted by DEGRAAF (7936 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

If you look on Newsarama, there's a new interview up about James Robinson discussing the new Earth-2

Here's the link

Read up and enjoy!

this just took me to a picture of a Flash that looks hidious. He looks like a 20th century version of a silver age flash

#9 Edited by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it up until the antennas and the chinguard. Not too crazy about the goggles either, I just feel those things look a bit goofy. But it's still a great look :)

#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7936 posts) - - Show Bio

"Fans of Wally West and Donna Troy should not expect to see them on Earth 2, because Robinson said he doesn't know what the plans are for those characters."

#11 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3579 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

For a younger, more modern version of Jay, I really like that costume.

I totally agree. They kept just the right amount of his old costume.
#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7936 posts) - - Show Bio

this is what i love

"You know, people want to see Jay Garrick. They want to see Alan Scott. And you're going to see them front-and-center in this book as much as anyone else."

PEOPLE WANT TO SEE WALLY!!! This is a crap line to me. People have been complaining about the loss of Wally andclamoring for him to show up in the DCnU and the power that be refuse. I know people want see the JSA as well but i have never heard such a large amount of people asking for someones return (who didn't die, just vanished due to writers) that was so popular and the writers refuse. It's like having a fan favorite player (take Tim Tebow for example) everyone wants to see given a chance and they made enough noise until it happened.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (36099 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Here's the link

Read up and enjoy!

this just took me to a picture of a Flash that looks hidious. He looks like a 20th century version of a silver age flash

Lol that's exactly what it is. 

No Donna Troy = No Buy. sorry James but I just don't have the mouny to spend on this book and I was only prepared to drop a book if this had Donna in it also no mention of Wild Cat.
#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12986 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

this is what i love

"You know, people want to see Jay Garrick. They want to see Alan Scott. And you're going to see them front-and-center in this book as much as anyone else."

PEOPLE WANT TO SEE WALLY!!! This is a crap line to me. People have been complaining about the loss of Wally andclamoring for him to show up in the DCnU and the power that be refuse. I know people want see the JSA as well but i have never heard such a large amount of people asking for someones return (who didn't die, just vanished due to writers) that was so popular and the writers refuse. It's like having a fan favorite player (take Tim Tebow for example) everyone wants to see given a chance and they made enough noise until it happened.

QFT. Everyone want's to see Wally (and Donna). I see more people complain about wanting them more than wanting the JSA. I think DC is playing tricks on us. They're eventually going to have to give us those two. they almost have too.

#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (7936 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@DEGRAAF said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Here's the link

Read up and enjoy!

Lol that's exactly what it is. No Donna Troy = No Buy. sorry James but I just don't have the mouny to spend on this book and I was only prepared to drop a book if this had Donna in it also no mention of Wild Cat.

yea i was expecting it to take me to the interview. I just dont like the blue in the costume

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22884 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

You're not allowed to post in this forum, you realize.

=P

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (36099 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@DEGRAAF said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Here's the link

Read up and enjoy!

Lol that's exactly what it is. No Donna Troy = No Buy. sorry James but I just don't have the mouny to spend on this book and I was only prepared to drop a book if this had Donna in it also no mention of Wild Cat.

yea i was expecting it to take me to the interview. I just dont like the blue in the costume

Well you can just click home and you can read it
#18 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12986 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@DEGRAAF said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@DEGRAAF said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Here's the link

Read up and enjoy!

This^. Apologizes for posting the wrong link. It was one click to getting to the actual interview though, not that hard to miss lol

#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7936 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

yeah i did after i posted.

@ArturoCalaKayVee:

#20 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2141 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fully on board with people wanting to see Wally, but in my experience (can't emphasize enough that this is just my own experience, don't bite my head of if you disagree) people don't want to see Donna quite as badly. Wally was THE Flash for about two decades, that's an experience for modern readers and fans of the DCAU that can't be ignored, Donna Troy just doesn't nearly as much significance outside the more dedicated comic fandom, and even then I think it varies.

It's entirely possible I'm letting personal bias enter into the equation. I just don't like Donna Troy. I don't hate her, but I've never found her the least bit interesting, and from what I can tell her backstory is some kind of convoluted mess, and she keeps dying and coming back so many times that its just been easier to rely on the more relatable Cassie. I don't even know what it is that Donna's been the past few years. She wasn't Wonder Girl, she was just... Donna Troy, with her weird star pattern costume. In my opinion, pushing Donna Troy is more like what DC's been doing in pushing Barry Allen, the older version of a character that newer fans kind of don't really want to see. Thus I don't think Donna and Wally are in the same category really. Not necessarily saying they're in different leagues, but they're playing in different divisions.

Finally, changing things to be more 'modern' doesn't always work out. Superman's had some questionable attempted modernizations that went horribly wrong. But frankly, I have to say, I really like that costume if it is indeed Jay Garrick. The more I look at it, the less cheesy it looks. At first I was temporarily blinded by 'I don't like this, it's really different and smacks of trying too hard.' But if I judge it on its own, not comparing it to the old Helmet costume, its really quite nice. Change isn't always a bad thing. I mean, Static's costume before the New 52 was radically different from his old costume, but damn was it much better. His NEW new one, not so much, but that's another story.

#21 Posted by UpUpAndAway (191 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big fan of Barry, that's no secret, mostly because he's the Flash I started out with, but I'm even kinda mad at the disappearance of Wally. As for Jay....meh. He looks fine but I miss the old uniform, also why the trend of chinstraps on the Flashes? Weird.