• 96 results
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sidney

Who is more popular? I go with Spiderman. With the suckish Superman films since Superman 3 and him getting boring and no one being able to relate to him plus WB not knowing what to do with him, Spiderman the obvious choice. 

Spiderman had 3 good films. And comic books are better then Superman. Better storyline. And you can relate to him more cause he is everyone of us deep down inside. And Spiderman more badass too them Superman is. Man beat Kingpin without breaking a sweat and also beat Firelord or whatever his name is.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By castleking
i say spiderman is more likely to be the answer if you ask random  ppl in the street
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MrDirector786

Well, Superman has his own advantages as he's viewed as an American icon, many heroes were created based off of him at least somewhat, and he is the one that made the idea of superheroes popular. Also, Spider-man beating Firelord was PIS. Not saying that Spider-man isn't cool though, he is the most popular Marvel hero after all and a lot of people do love him.

Scarecrow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scarecrow4

Superman and Spiderman are Both household names however, go to another country and were a Spiderman shirt 1 out of 10 people might be able to identify him Superman on the other hand is known world wide.

Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

Superman by far
Superman is a cultural Icon

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gotta go with Superman as well.

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JThree47693

Superman has been out longer but I think Spider Man might be a tad bit more popular.
Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man was the first hero I ever heard of. And is still my fav. I found out about Supes later on. I'll say Spidy if i have to choice. But, It's too close a call unless you actually go out a ask everyone who their favorite character is...Spider-man or Superman?

Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Psyker star

Spider man by far

Jedreubont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jedreubont

Definatly Superman 
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pixelized

Clark

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xan84

Everybody heard of Superman, not   everybody  heard  of Spiderman ... but Spiderman is a lot more popular with the little kids. 
Tradog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Tradog

Spiderman, more people know about him. superman is a poster boy kinda guy not to mention marvel is selling more than dc. I hear more about spiderman than superman. In my opinion superman is only respected because he started DC and made a few inspired characters but other than that not many people I talk to like him for any other reason. Spiderman I see more toys,T-shirts,costumes kids have then I ever see for superman I also hear how people hate superman almost all the time almost as much as sentry but hardly any negative things for spiderman. Spidey has also had more crossovers and writers I believe then supes for fuss is made when something bad happens to spiderman I mean just look at people reaction to ultimatum, as for superman most comic fans say his stories went downhill when he was resurrected and should have stayed dead, hell the like 3 presidents even appeared in spidey's comics to my knowledge none for superman. Superman has also gone through so many updates and changes but his popularity doesn't seem to rise now he is labeled as ''stupidly overpowered'' while spiderman has not gone through that many updates when he does they are fair and people enjoy them. And with the exception of ''Superman:DOOMSDAY'' spiderman's animated series did better then supes aswell. But in conclusion I think this is opinionated but still let me know your opinion on my post.

stevepidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stevepidge
@Sidney said:
" Who is more popular? I go with Spiderman. With the suckish Superman films since Superman 3 and him getting boring and no one being able to relate to him plus WB not knowing what to do with him, Spiderman the obvious choice.  Spiderman had 3 good films. And comic books are better then Superman. Better storyline. And you can relate to him more cause he is everyone of us deep down inside. And Spiderman more badass too them Superman is. Man beat Kingpin without breaking a sweat and also beat Firelord or whatever his name is. "

The answer you are looking for starts with a B and ends with a MAN.
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sidney

@stevepidge said:

" @Sidney said:
" Who is more popular? I go with Spiderman. With the suckish Superman films since Superman 3 and him getting boring and no one being able to relate to him plus WB not knowing what to do with him, Spiderman the obvious choice.  Spiderman had 3 good films. And comic books are better then Superman. Better storyline. And you can relate to him more cause he is everyone of us deep down inside. And Spiderman more badass too them Superman is. Man beat Kingpin without breaking a sweat and also beat Firelord or whatever his name is. "
 The answer you are looking for starts with a B and ends with a MAN. "

Batman? Sigh. Spiderman and Superman popular and better then him.   

Spiderman more popular then Superman nowadays. I mean I know he made some heroes but come on with Smallville trashy show, lame Superman movies and the issues WB having with Superman.  

Spiderman FTW!
Scarecrow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scarecrow4

I believe Batman and Superman are both more popular than Spiderman and if not Superman, Batman sure is he has more merchandise than both of them together. 

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By EdwardWindsor

i think nowdays due to young kids with movies etc will side with spiderman , lets face it smallville and returns hardly strenghten the superman , iam not a supes fan so maybe slightly biased but iam gonna stick with the opinion lol

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Kastiel

Spider-Man by far, he has bettere videogames, toys, and movies.

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mv

Both really
box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By box turtle

Currently, Spidey.
RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

I think the thread was started with comments based on personal opinion, and really, that's what it boils-down to: Personal opinion.

Superman is probably more well-known World-wide, but who knows at this point? Spider-Man has had three HUGELY popular movies that did great all-over the World, where Superman has only had one NOT-so-good movie that didn't do good at the box office, either. But I'm sure everyone that didn't see the movie still knew who the character was, if only by the logo alone. "Smallville" is a gargantuan presence, but then there's always a Spidey animated series somewhere, and AGAIN on the other side we've got the JLU cartoon.

As far as the comics go, totally matter of opinion. Sales say Spider-Man, but if we're talking whose more "badass" or whatever, that's up to you. I'd just call it a draw if we're talking pure recognition and overall popularity.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sidney

Spiderman has better video games, tv shows and movies then Superman. He also has a better rogue gallery too.
Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mutant X

I'd say Spider-man. He's got the movies and stuff. The only recent Superman movie is Superman Returns, which sucked. Not to mention Spider-man has a popular rogues gallery.

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

sups, stan would have never made spiderman if not for superman and superman is a icon around the world
TEKKEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TEKKEN
@castleking said:
" i say spiderman is more likely to be the answer if you ask random  ppl in the street "
Hmmmmmmm Really now
Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chaos Agent

I'll go on a hunch here and say that SUperman is better known that Spider-man. Superman is a character that has been popular with his highs and downs for already 70 years. He single handely gave birth to the age of the superhero and is the single character that has been more copied in comics and referenced in popular media.  

I don't know for a fact who is more popular but I strongly believe that Superman is a better known superhero than Spider-man. Smallville while not a royal take on the origins of the Man of Steel and the fact that we have after yet to see his costume has not only been able to stand 8 seasons (more than any spider-man show ever did) and become the CW most succesful show despite not showing Superman and/or using the name to promotionate.

All of the Superman movies (with the obvious exception being Superman: Returns) have been both a critical and commercial success. Having aquired 400 millions. Considering the great increase of prizes between when those movies were released and the ones of today that would be quite high.

Now I don't know who is more popular, unless a worldwide poll is made I doubt it will be solved. 

Sidney-Yeah we heard you for the first time. Guess what? That YOU think something or someone is better than another doesn't make it more popular

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TruePwnge

SPIDER-MAN !! 

he's slightly anti-Hero (JJ calls him a vigilante menace)
and his universe is way more real and way more down to Earth

Superdickery sucks! 
anyone in his books becomes an abused jobber to make Superman look good

His stories are old, the characters is out dated, all the plots and all his angles have been done to death
the writers at DC finally figured out Kryptonite stories were lame as hell....
...we thought there would finally be progress and they go back to his golden age roots

but instead we get crap like this

and this

Superman Sucks!

http://www.comicvine.com/superman-prime/29-40756/superboy-prime-gone-for-good-spoilers/92-404285/#43
speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By speedlgt

superman is #1 everyone and I mean everyone knows superman........ even those that dont have tv or the internet spiderman is well known and I would say kids may like him more but kids love superman too so so you cant just say that because of kids spiderman is more popular I think superman appeals to eveyone kids girls  adults teens everyone.....spiderman IMO is amied at kids and teens cause he goes through there types of problems 

also COME ON superman would never sell out to a demon!  he would pimp slap him and restart the whole universe to save his aunt may!

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chaos Agent
I just love how some people can't even tell the difference between "Who is more popular between Superman and Spider-man?" and "Who do you like more?"
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ownerz

Spider-Man in recent years, 
a trilogy of movies, many cartoon shows, very popular comics and Spider-Man video games

Superman in recent years, a boring movie, shares the cartoon stage with lantern, wonder woman and batman and other more popualr heroes, comics are selling less, needs to cross with mortal kombat to stay competitive

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ryanwh

Well if I'm comparing the last Superman movie to the last Spiderman movie, Superman wins hands-down.

Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ownerz

Spider-Man was salvageable, ok story and an ok script all they had to do was ignore that retcon of Uncle Ben's death and don't put too many characters in it
either drop Sandman or drop Venom and spend more time on one of these great characters and it could have been a great movie.
There was too much packed in and it felt a little rushed but otherwise it could have been a very good movie

Superman Returns had no redeeming qualities whatsover, $290 million budget - enough to feed every starving kid in Africa yet it gets wasted on a crap movie like Superman. Brandon Routh was a terrible actor nothing like Christopher Reeve and his charm, the script sucked,  Metropolis was really boring. The movie is  like a bad remake of the original Superman, just with better special effects. Perhaps worst of all, it fundamentally violates some of the Superman mythos. The bit about Superman impregnating Lois with the kid with asthma and then running away to Krypton like a deadbeat dad was just ... odd. Superman spying on people like a wire tapping peeping tom and then running off on his kid. Why would they do that?Kate Bosworth was wooden, Spacey did a terrible job at playing Lex Luther
Superman Returns sucks
 The Superman character is just damaged goods now

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Sparda
@Chaos Agent said:
"All of the Superman movies (with the obvious exception being Superman: Returns) have been both a critical and commercial success."
The first two? Yeah. Superman 3, and 4? I don't think so :l
Avatar image for dementedtheclown
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dementedtheclown

Spidermans Over Rated, And His Powers Are Lame. He Can Shot Webs n Scurry Up A Wall...... Now Thats A Hero....

Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lyrad

I am a DIE HARD Spider-Man fan. I will argue all day long in favour of Spider-Man in most things.....BUT..... This thread as interesting as it may sound, is a pointless one.  Superman and Spider-Man are both HUGELY popular. There is going to be no winner of the argument on who is most popular. 

Superman is the original hero, there is no argument in that. I'm not a Superman fan, but we as lovers of comics owe alot to him because he pretty much spawned the super hero generation. I bow my head to all things that are Superman and I am happy that he is pretty much an American icon and no one is going to take that away. Spider-Man is more of the modern day hero, as in he carried on what Superman started. And I think he is owed a salute too, by all comic lovers even if you don't like Spider-Man. 

Bottom line is, they are both the most popular characters DC/Marvel wise. Who is the most popular is simply a matter of personal opinion.
Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lyrad
@dementedtheclown said:
"Spidermans Over Rated, And His Powers Are Lame. He Can Shot Webs n Scurry Up A Wall...... Now Thats A Hero.... "

Oh and this petty little statement is just lame. You obviously know nothing about Spider-Man and obviously have nothing to back up what you just said. Fair enough if you don't like him, but to say he is over rated and can only scurry up walls...... Idiot.
robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By robbiesol
@Sidney said:
"Who is more popular? I go with Spiderman. With the suckish Superman films since Superman 3 and him getting boring and no one being able to relate to him plus WB not knowing what to do with him, Spiderman the obvious choice.  Spiderman had 3 good films. And comic books are better then Superman. Better storyline. And you can relate to him more cause he is everyone of us deep down inside. And Spiderman more badass too them Superman is. Man beat Kingpin without breaking a sweat and also beat Firelord or whatever his name is. "

Spiderman only had 2 good films.  Spiderman 3 was poo.
Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lyrad
@robbiesol said:
"@Sidney said:
"Who is more popular? I go with Spiderman. With the suckish Superman films since Superman 3 and him getting boring and no one being able to relate to him plus WB not knowing what to do with him, Spiderman the obvious choice.  Spiderman had 3 good films. And comic books are better then Superman. Better storyline. And you can relate to him more cause he is everyone of us deep down inside. And Spiderman more badass too them Superman is. Man beat Kingpin without breaking a sweat and also beat Firelord or whatever his name is. "
Spiderman only had 2 good films.  Spiderman 3 was poo. "

Yep!  Agreed. 

Number 1 for me wasn't that good either. 

(I really can't stand Toby Maguire and his piss poor effort of Peter Parker)
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dementedtheclown
@Lyrad said:
" @dementedtheclown said:
"Spidermans Over Rated, And His Powers Are Lame. He Can Shot Webs n Scurry Up A Wall...... Now Thats A Hero.... "
Oh and this petty little statement is just lame. You obviously know nothing about Spider-Man and obviously have nothing to back up what you just said. Fair enough if you don't like him, but to say he is over rated and can only scurry up walls...... Idiot. "
Powers Strength, Agility, Spidey Sense, Stickyness, And Shoots Webs....... Lame
Fake Shemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fake Shemp

They're both crazy popular, but Superman is still easily the more popular and influential of the two (and no, I'm not biased....I actually like Spider-Man more, even though I'm not really a huge fan of either of them). Supes is THE archetypal superhero, and, in spite of his popularity, you definitely couldn't make that same claim in regards to Spidey.  

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheSavageAssasin
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" Superman by far Superman is a cultural Icon "
Yep
Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lyrad
@dementedtheclown said:
" @Lyrad said:
" @dementedtheclown said:
Oh and this petty little statement is just lame. You obviously know nothing about Spider-Man and obviously have nothing to back up what you just said. Fair enough if you don't like him, but to say he is over rated and can only scurry up walls...... Idiot. "
Powers Strength, Agility, Spidey Sense, Stickyness, And Shoots Webs....... Lame "

Superman powers: Speed, strength, cold breath, hot eyes, flight....... See what I did just there?   I made Superman sound lame (even though I know he isn't) by stating one word descriptions.   

I didn't mean you know nothing of Spider-Man because you think Spider-Man can only shoot webs and stick to walls..... I meant as a whole, you know nothing of the character that is Spider-Man if you actually believe he is over rated.  Again, I'm not disputing the fact the you dislike Spider-Man. Who you like and dislike is your prefference. It's just, that you have tried to put Spider-Man down and spread your view on Spider-Man like a child would.  How about you back up your statement and explain to me why Spider-Man is lame.... Hmm??  And please try to use sentences, not just one word descriptions.
Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123
@Sidney said:
"Spiderman has better video games, tv shows and movies then Superman. He also has a better rogue gallery too. "

Did you say that Spiderman had a better rogue galley?? HAHAHA 
That's funny.
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dementedtheclown

Cause Hes Too Simple, Much Like How Supermans Too Complex. Im Surprised Spidermans Alive, Theres Many Villains That Could Just Rip Him In Half. 
Hes Overrated Because Hes Held Too High For Such A Low Powered Hero. Not Saying Hes A Bad Character, Just Not As Great As He's Made To Seem.

Take Spiderman Too A Valley, He Loses Two Powers, Web-Slinging, And Wall Climbing. I Just Consider Him A Low Level Hero. Would Make A Good Sidekick Though.

Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lyrad
@dementedtheclown said:
"Cause Hes Too Simple, Much Like How Supermans Too Complex. Im Surprised Spidermans Alive, Theres Many Villains That Could Just Rip Him In Half.  Hes Overrated Because Hes Held Too High For Such A Low Powered Hero. Not Saying Hes A Bad Character, Just Not As Great As He's Made To Seem.  Take Spiderman Too A Valley, He Loses Two Powers, Web-Slinging, And Wall Climbing. I Just Consider Him A Low Level Hero. Would Make A Good Sidekick Though. "

See, I clap my hands to you now Dementedtheclown, because that was an insightful, intelligent and thought out argument to your point.  

You made a VERY good point by saying take Spider-Man to a valley and he loses websling and wall crawling. But your argument of taking Spider-Man out of his comfort zone can be applied to most hero's.   If you compare Spider-Man to Superman, yes.... Spider-Man is nothing, he wouldn't stand a chance, but then again, not many characters would. Stick Spider-Man in a room of 20 ninja's, Spider-Man having no martial arts training would win hands down, his speed, agility and stamina would make sure of that. And thats not even thinking about his Spider sense or strength.  Spider-Man isn't a super level character, he needs help when fighting the higher level villains, he knows when he can't win. But he is alot tougher than you give him credit for. Just because he can't fly faster than the sound barrier, he can't have bullets bounce off his skin, he can't stop a toranado, does that make him a low level hero?  Wolverine can do none of these things, Captain Amarica can do none of these things,  Cyclops can do none of these things.  In fact, Spider-Man is stronger than all three of those put together.  Would you class them three as being low level hero's?     If it was easy as you say it is to beat him, he wouldn't be as popular as he is today. It's his simplicity that makes him stand out, he has more hero experience than most in the Marvel universe.
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dementedtheclown

I Think Wolverine Could Take Him (head to head). n Cyclops Is Low Level IMO Too, It Bothers Me That He Needs To Push A Button Everytime, Disabling 1 Arm.

Anyway The Question At Hand Is Whos More Popular. Not Whose Better,
Spidermans More Popular.  Due To The Younger Fan Base, And More Media Exposer. Also Superman Is Seen As Too Powerful, and Too Overrated, So Much So That I Think He's Becoming Underrated.

Movie Wise

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Superman is  still more popular or recognized in worlwide general culture.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TruePwnge said:
"

SPIDER-MAN !! 

he's slightly anti-Hero (JJ calls him a vigilante menace)
and his universe is way more real and way more down to Earth

Superdickery sucks! 
anyone in his books becomes an abused jobber to make Superman look good

His stories are old, the characters is out dated, all the plots and all his angles have been done to death
the writers at DC finally figured out Kryptonite stories were lame as hell....
...we thought there would finally be progress and they go back to his golden age roots

but instead we get crap like this

and this
Superman Sucks!    http://www.comicvine.com/superman-prime/29-40756/superboy-prime-gone-for-good-spoilers/92-404285/#43 "

do you know what universe hal jordan is in?
Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lyrad
@dementedtheclown said:
"I Think Wolverine Could Take Him (head to head). n Cyclops Is Low Level IMO Too, It Bothers Me That He Needs To Push A Button Everytime, Disabling 1 Arm.

Anyway The Question At Hand Is Whos More Popular. Not Whose Better,
Spidermans More Popular.  Due To The Younger Fan Base, And More Media Exposer. Also Superman Is Seen As Too Powerful, and Too Overrated, So Much So That I Think He's Becoming Underrated.

Movie Wise "

You're right, the question was, who is more popular.   I think Superman is the more popular, but not by far as Spider-Man is clearly very popular world wide too. 

PS. I also think Spidey could take Wolverine, but lets not get in to that.