Poll: Who has the best rogues gallery in comics?

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Calvin
Dr. ? man said:
"Calvin said:
"Nobody said:
"Zoom said:
"Flash.Spider-Man has hands down the WORST group of villains in comics.If you honestly think Rhino, Vulture, Sandman, Venom, Carnage, 80 goblins and Doctor Octopus are the best group of villains in comics, you should shoot yourself in the head."
So you named a few villains who are "bad". And honestly they aren't that bad. Sandman is a serious threat and so is Carnage and Venom.He still has Morlun, Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Mr. Negative, Kingpin, Lizard, Venom(Eddie), Mysterio, etc.Are you telling me Batman or the Flash don't have terrible villains?"
I think the thing about most of the Spider-man villains is that they are stupid, can't work together and usually you just have to beat them up, Batman rogues usually have big plots and flash rogues team-up very nicely, so they became more dangerous. Look at Osborn is great because he's using his brains instead of just robing banks."
Doctor Octopus, Mysterio, Alistair Smythe, Norman Osborn/Green Goblin, Roderick Kingsley/Hobgoblin, Chameleon, Vulture, Kraven, Kingpin, Jackal, Lizard, Beetle and many other Spider-Man villains are far from stupid, they're actually brilliant and they've also hatched big plots against Spider-Man in the past. Groups like the Sinister Six and the Sinister Syndicate prove that the Spider-Man villains can work together."
My point is their plans are stupid, for example Doctor Octopus is inteligent and all, but we kind of see him doing some pretty dump stuff, and the Sinister Six don't work well as team, that was my point. Did you ever seen the Sinister Six working as a team as the Flash Rogues? Or Doctor Octopus or the Lizard ever came up with plans such as Joker?
the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By the Vica
Zoom said:
"Nobody said:
"they aren't that bad. Sandman is a serious threat and so is Carnage and Venom.He still has Morlun, Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Mr. Negative, Kingpin, Lizard, Venom(Eddie), Mysterio, etc."
Sorry.  I guess I wasn't clear.  I didn't mean Spider-Man has weak villains.  I mean he has boring villains.  Wheres Carnage's character depth?  Wheres the Lizard's motivation?  What's the coolest thing the Sandman has ever done?  When was the last time somebody wrote a good story with Harry Osborn as the villain?These villains Suck with a capital SNorman and Kraven aside, there are no truely interesting Spider-Man villains.Contrast this with Batman, who faces characters like Joker, Promethius, Hush, and Two-Face.  Hell, even losers like the Mad Hatter and the Penguin have more character depth than Spidey baddies.Same goes for the Flash.  His main enemies like the Reverse Flashes, Captain Cold, Weather Wizard and Mirror Master are all very interesting as people.  Sure, there are some bad ones as well but at least they have character motivation beyond "Kill Spider-Man!""
Ok, I'll admit Spidey has some sucky villains. A lot of sucky villains. I mean just look up the Walrus' page, or the Spot. But quite a lot of the really awful characters have come back simply because they are so awful that it's funny. And most of Spidey's rogues simply have not changed since they were first introduced, which is why they seem so goofy now. Yeah, for most of Spidey's rogues, their motivation is to kill him. But that's because most of them haven't had a serious appearance in Spider-man for a pretty long time. We can only remember how goofy they used to be, and to be honest, pretty much every supervillain used to be focused entirely on killing the hero. And quite a few still are. Even Batman has villains devoted to trying to kill him. And actually, two of Spidey's lamer villains have recently been revamped: Hammerhead and the Spot. I personally really liked the newer versions of these characters, even the Spot was turned into a major threat with motivation other than killing Spidey. And apparently a new Vulture should be coming up soon, which I'm looking forwards to.

Anyway, you forgot to mention why Kingpin, Morlun, Venom and Mysterio are bad characters. Because they're not. Sure Mysterio can be portrayed as lame, but then again I'm pretty sure Mysterio has had some pretty cool stories over the years. Kingpin is a great character, I'm not gonna go into detail because he's one of my favorite villains. And while I didn't collect the comics where Morlun appeared, I'm told that his arc was awesome. And Venom (Eddie), while I'm not crazy about him like most Venom fans, he was pretty cool when he wasn't focusing on trying to kill Spidey all the time.

And yeah, a big portion of Spidey's villain are just bank robbers and thieves, but that's because those are the types of people Spider-man deals with. Don't forget it was a common thief who shot Uncle Ben. Spider-man spends a lot of time on the streets stopping robberies, so it would be boring if they didn't introduce super powered bank robbers.

But I gotta admit, Batman has got a pretty awesome rogues gallery. I very nearly voted for him.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#53  Edited By The_Martian
Zoom said:
"Nobody said:
"they aren't that bad. Sandman is a serious threat and so is Carnage and Venom.He still has Morlun, Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Mr. Negative, Kingpin, Lizard, Venom(Eddie), Mysterio, etc."
Sorry.  I guess I wasn't clear.  I didn't mean Spider-Man has weak villains.  I mean he has boring villains.  Wheres Carnage's character depth?  Wheres the Lizard's motivation?  What's the coolest thing the Sandman has ever done?  When was the last time somebody wrote a good story with Harry Osborn as the villain?These villains Suck with a capital SNorman and Kraven aside, there are no truely interesting Spider-Man villains.Contrast this with Batman, who faces characters like Joker, Promethius, Hush, and Two-Face.  Hell, even losers like the Mad Hatter and the Penguin have more character depth than Spidey baddies.Same goes for the Flash.  His main enemies like the Reverse Flashes, Captain Cold, Weather Wizard and Mirror Master are all very interesting as people.  Sure, there are some bad ones as well but at least they have character motivation beyond "Kill Spider-Man!""
Morlun, Spot(BND), Lizard(motivation wise for while he is attacking isn't that the greats but the fact he is a close friend who is turned into an animal makes it interesting), Menace, Stacy Twins are all interesting in why they do what they do.
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Slinger

I agree with Zoom. Spider-Man has the best rogues.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55  Edited By Nighthunter
Slinger said:
"I agree with Zoom. Spider-Man has the best rogues."
gotta love sarcasm :P
TheGift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheGift

Batman, between all of his books if he has 100 readable stories, that's a lot. Any marvel hero would destroy batman's rogues.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By the Vica

How about we discuss who shouldn't even be an option on that poll? Namely Iron Man. Does he even HAVE a rogues gallery?

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By gunswordfist
the Vica said:
"How about we discuss who shouldn't even be an option on that poll? Namely Iron Man. Does he even HAVE a rogues gallery?"
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By claws

tie between xmen,superman,and fantastic four

TheGift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheGift

Iron man has the # 1 mandarin # 2 titanium man  # 3 crimson dynamo  # 4 Justin hammer  # 5 the controller # 6 Maggia.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61  Edited By Zoom
Nobody said:
"[the] Stacy Twins are....interesting"
What are you smoking and where can I get some?
the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By the Vica
TheGift said:
"Iron man has the # 1 mandarin # 2 titanium man  # 3 crimson dynamo  # 4 Justin hammer  # 5 the controller # 6 Maggia."
1. Fair enough, although Mandarin is not well known or that popular.
2. I actually don't know who that is. I've heard his name a couple of times but I don't know who he is.
3. Oh please, the Crimson Dynamo mantle has been held by like, ten different people. CD is just a random Russian dude in a suit of armor.
4. Fair enough.
5. Who? I thought I was lost on Titanium man but the Controller? I've got no clue.
6. Maggia? Seriously? Iron Man fought the Marvel Mafia? Why? He's way out of their league!

You could have mentioned Fing Fang Foom or MODOK, except both those guys look ridiculous and are kinda stupid. Still, they're worth more than Titanium man, the Controller and the Maggia.

Point being, Stark's been around about as long as Spidey and has maybe two or three villains that people actually care about. Meanwhile Spidey has like... What? Twenty? I could probably name that many Spidey rogues off the top of my head. Probably more.
Dr. ? man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Dr. ? man
the Vica said:
"TheGift said:
"Iron man has the # 1 mandarin # 2 titanium man  # 3 crimson dynamo  # 4 Justin hammer  # 5 the controller # 6 Maggia."
Point being, Stark's been around about as long as Spidey and has maybe two or three villains that people actually care about. Meanwhile Spidey has like... What? Twenty? I could probably name that many Spidey rogues off the top of my head. Probably more.
"
In addition, Iron Man also has Madame Masque, Spymaster, Ezekiel Stane, Whiplash, The Ghost, Firebrand, Blizzard, Whirlwind, Count Nefaria, Dreadknight, Grey Gargoyle, Living Laser, Melter and Radioactive Man. The heavy hitters usually consist of the Mandarin, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Justin Hammer and at some point Ezekiel Stane. The problem with the Iron Man rogues is that they some of them are outdated and the others are often used in small doses thus causing their recognition to falter. I think all of the ones I've listed could work if they were depicted in a serious format but I also think it's crucial that someone creates new and formidable adversaries for Iron Man in the future.
Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By Psychotime

Batman's #1.

Spiderman's second place.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By geraldthesloth
Dr. ? man said:
"the Vica said:
"TheGift said:
"
In addition, Iron Man also has Madame Masque, Spymaster, Ezekiel Stane, Whiplash, The Ghost, Firebrand, Blizzard, Whirlwind, Count Nefaria, Dreadknight, Grey Gargoyle, Living Laser, Melter and Radioactive Man. The heavy hitters usually consist of the Mandarin, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Justin Hammer and at some point Ezekiel Stane. The problem with the Iron Man rogues is that they some of them are outdated and the others are often used in small doses thus causing their recognition to falter. I think all of the ones I've listed could work if they were depicted in a serious format but I also think it's crucial that someone creates new and formidable adversaries for Iron Man in the future."
Count Nefaria is more of an Avengers Rogue in my opinion
Dr. ? man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dr. ? man
geraldthesloth said:
"Dr. ? man said:
In addition, Iron Man also has Madame Masque, Spymaster, Ezekiel Stane, Whiplash, The Ghost, Firebrand, Blizzard, Whirlwind, Count Nefaria, Dreadknight, Grey Gargoyle, Living Laser, Melter and Radioactive Man. The heavy hitters usually consist of the Mandarin, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Justin Hammer and at some point Ezekiel Stane. The problem with the Iron Man rogues is that they some of them are outdated and the others are often used in small doses thus causing their recognition to falter. I think all of the ones I've listed could work if they were depicted in a serious format but I also think it's crucial that someone creates new and formidable adversaries for Iron Man in the future."
Count Nefaria is more of an Avengers Rogue in my opinion"
More I think about it, the more I see that.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Zoom
Psychotime said:
"Batman's #1.Spiderman's second place."
If by second place, you mean "last place," then I agree.
Avatar image for jeangreydonnatroy
jeangreydonnatroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x men

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By geraldthesloth
Zoom said:
"Psychotime said:
"Batman's #1.Spiderman's second place."
If by second place, you mean "last place," then I agree."
HAHA. freakin zoom
Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Triumphant

Batman, definitly Batman

TheGift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheGift

What about the Avengers. # 1 Masters of Evil . # 2 Kang .# 3 Ultron. # 4 Graviton.# 5 Grim Reaper # 6. Lethal legion.# 7 Sons of Serpent. # 8 The Collector # 9 Korvac . # 10  The Kree and Skrulls. # 11 Squadron Sinister. To name a few.

Captain Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Captain Virtue

Just for fun I decided to write down a gallery of those heroes you have on those poll.

Let's start with Superman

Lex Luthor
Brianiac
Toyman
Darkseid
Doomsday
Metallo
Parasite
Lobo
Superboy Prime
Cyborg Superman
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Bizarro
Mongul
Prankster
General Zod
Kryptonite Man
Ultra-Humanite
Livewire
Atomic-Skull
Intergang
Titano 
Jax-Ur

Magnus/Murdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Magnus/Murdock

Batman followed by Spidey

Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Sleuth

Batman and the Flash IMO.

Captain Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Captain Virtue

As For Batman's Rogues

Joker
Two-Face
Riddler
Ra's Al Ghul and The League of Assassins
Bane
Catwoman
Penguin
Scarecrow
Poison Ivy
Mr. Freeze
The Ventriloquist
Deadshot
Black Mask
Hush
Killer Croc
Harley Quinn
Clayface
Dr. Hugo Strange
Man-Bat
Mad Hatter
Firefly
Killer Moth
Zsasz
Cluemaster

Captain Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Captain Virtue

Here's Flash Rogues

Reverse Flash:
Professor Zoom and Zoom
Gorilla Grodd
Captain Cold
Mirror Master
Trickster
Captain Boomerang
Heat Wave
Weather Wizard
Abra Kadabra
Pied Piper
The Top
Golden Glider
Black Flash
Turtle
Ragdoll
Doctor Alchemy
Rainbow Raider
Shade
Blacksmith
Murmur

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Man it was really a toss up between Batman and Spiderman so I just flipped a coin, so it came up Spiderman.

Captain Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Captain Virtue

Now as for Spider-Man Rogues that I am very familiar with.

Green Goblin
Venom
Doctor Octopus
Sandman
Lizard
Carnage
Electro
Mysterio
Rhino
Shocker
Kraven
Hobgoblin
Vulture
Chameleon
Kingpin
Morbius
Morlun
Scorpion
Beetle
Hydro-Man
Jackal
Tombstone
Hammerhead
Smythe And Spider-Slayers
The Enforcers

Captain Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Captain Virtue

Now as for the X-Men rogues

Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants
Apocalypse and his Horsemen of Apocalypse
Mr. Sinister and his Marauders
Juggernaut
Sabertooth
Mystique
William Stryker and The Purifiers
Pyro
Sebastian Shaw and his Hellfire Club
Blob
Proteus
Toad
Shadow King
Cassandra Nova
Mastermind
Mojo
Sentinels:
Master Mold  and Nimrod
Lady Deathstrike
Omega Red
Onslaught
Vulcan
Silver Samurai
Brood
Callisto and The Morlocks
Stryfe and The Mutant Liberation Front
Avalanche
Spiral
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Dark Phoenix
Dark Beast
Sauron
Black Tom Cassidy
Destiny
The Reavers
Wendigo
Graydon Creed and The Friends of Humanity
Senator Kelly
Cameron Hodge
Legion
Exodus
Gene Nation
Deathbird 
 Living Monolith
Bastion
Weapon X
Acolytes
Madelyne Prior

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Zoom
Nova`Prime` said:
Man it was really a toss up between Batman and Spiderman so I just flipped a coin, so it came ... [more]
Bummer, though it sounds like a user error problem to me.

Spider-Man's villains shouldn't have gotten a side of that coin.
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81  Edited By claws

either supermans, xmens, or batmans
i only like an couple villains from the spidey rogues like venom green goblin carnage hobgoblin and thats it

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Zoom

Venom became a supervillain because he lost a job as a photographer.

2nd worst reason to become a criminal ever.

The only good villains Spider-Man has are the Green Goblin (not the 50 goblin clones, just the original), Kraven the Hunter and the Kingpin and the last of those is much better as a Daredevil villain.

Captain Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Captain Virtue

Fantastic Four Rogues gallery

Dr. Doom
Galactus
Annihilus
Blaastar
Skrulls
Super Skrull
Wizard
Frightful Four
Red Ghost
Mole Man
Impossible Man
Trapster
Dragon Man
Puppet Master
Diablo
Molecule Man
Mad Thinker
Maximus The Mad
Klaw
Rama-Tut
Beyonder
Namor The Submariner
Klaw
 Paibok
Psycho-Man

Avatar image for mysteriousblack
MysteriousBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#84  Edited By MysteriousBlack

Daredevil... Second to him would be Batman I think. Few baddies enjoy killing a man's girlfriend like Bullseye does.

Captain Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Captain Virtue

Captain America Rogues gallery

Red Skull
Baron Zemo
Crossbones
Batroc The Leaper
Hate-Monger
Protocide
Flag-Smasher and his Ultimatum
Serpent Squad
Serpant Society
Baron Strucker
Viper
Porcupine
Scourge of The Underworld
Sin
Slither
Baron Blood
Doctor Faustus and his National Force
The Watchdogs
Tumbler
Everyman
Blue Streak
Aleksander Lukin
Arnim Zola
Armadillo
Jack O' Lantern
Master Man
Madam Hydra

Midnight Cowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Midnight Cowl

Flash

Captain Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Captain Virtue

Wonder Woman's Rogues gallery?

Cheetah
Giganta
Doctor Psycho
Ares
Silver Swan
Eviless and Villiany Inc.
Circe
Doctor Poison
Genocide
Cybogirl
Blue Snowman
Zara
The Mask
Angle Man
Hades
Hypnota
Dark Angel
Jinx
Doctor Cyber
Queen Clea
White Majician

Firelord Zuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Firelord Zuko

bats

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TruePwnge

Batman, maybe

Questionduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Questionduck

Flash, Batman, Spiderman, or The Green Lantern for best.

Iron Man has the worst.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, followed by X-Men. GL has a pretty cool gallery as well. Supermans definatly have establishment.
also Spider-mans, immensly popular characters, and if nothing else just so Zoom can quote me and continue
his campaign.

Shazam1791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Shazam1791

jesus christ its like an all out war with you two

Strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Strife
@CATMANEXE said:
" Batman, followed by X-Men. GL has a pretty cool gallery as well. Supermans definatly have establishment. also Spider-mans, immensly popular characters, and if nothing else just so Zoom can quote me and continue his campaign. "
GL's gallery is pretty iffy..well it used to be, until they added atrocius and Larfleeze. Sinestro used to be the only solid Rogue hal had.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

The War of the light has done wonders for GL's rogues but still can't compete with Batman, Flash, or X-men.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#95  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Strife said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
" Batman, followed by X-Men. GL has a pretty cool gallery as well. Supermans definatly have establishment. also Spider-mans, immensly popular characters, and if nothing else just so Zoom can quote me and continue his campaign. "
GL's gallery is pretty iffy..well it used to be, until they added atrocius and Larfleeze. Sinestro used to be the only solid Rogue hal had. "
Star Sapphire, Black Hand, Hector Hammond, Manhunters.
More recently: Hank Henshaw, Superboy Prime, Amon Sir.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@inferiorego said:
" @Strife said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
GL's gallery is pretty iffy..well it used to be, until they added atrocius and Larfleeze. Sinestro used to be the only solid Rogue hal had. "
Star Sapphire, Black Hand, Hector Hammond, Manhunters. More recently: Hank Henshaw, Superboy Prime, Amon Sir. "
SBP isn't mainly a GL villain though....at least not IMO.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Lunacyde said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Strife said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
Star Sapphire, Black Hand, Hector Hammond, Manhunters. More recently: Hank Henshaw, Superboy Prime, Amon Sir. "
SBP isn't mainly a GL villain though....at least not IMO. "
Sinestro War made him one though...

I also forgot Mongul II
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Yea I was thinking Mongul II, but forgot to say it while I was protesting SBP's inclusion among the GL villains...I still don't know thatd be like sying the Anti-Monitor is a GL villain.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Lunacyde said:
" Yea I was thinking Mongul II, but forgot to say it while I was protesting SBP's inclusion among the GL villains...I still don't know thatd be like sying the Anti-Monitor is a GL villain. "
I don't consider Anti-Monitor any part of the GLU right now. Yes, he's the black lantern battery, but he hasn't been seen since two crisis' ago
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I was referring to the Sinestro Crops. War