#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Flashes rogues

#3 Posted by Darkchild (41353 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

#4 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Spidey.

#5 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked Batman. He has a great balance of villains and many of them are well known. Not only that but they are all unique and distinct characters. You have brutes like Killer Croc and Clayface, skilled adversaries like Ras Al Ghul and Lady Shiva, psychopaths like the Joker and Zsasz, Geniuses like Riddler and Hugo Strange, mobsters, gods like Darkseid, and your gimmick powered characters like Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow and Poison Ivy. Batman characters have a lot of psychological depth and great backstories like Two Face. And I love the dark and creepy, although somewhat realistic touch to many of his villains like Mad Hatter and Anarky.Not to mention he has years and years of rogues to take into account and they all are just pure awesome. The only drawback I can see is Penguin lol.

#6 Posted by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#7 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

In my mind no one even comes close to Batman....most other people have 3-5 kool rogues......Batman has 15+

#8 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"I picked Batman. He has a great balance of villains and many of them are well known. Not only that but they are all unique and distinct characters. You have brutes like Killer Croc and Clayface, skilled adversaries like Ras Al Ghul and Lady Shiva, psychopaths like the Joker and Zsasz, Geniuses like Riddler and Hugo Strange, mobsters, gods like Darkseid, and your gimmick powered characters like Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow and Poison Ivy. Batman characters have a lot of psychological depth and great backstories like Two Face. And I love the dark and creepy, although somewhat realistic touch to many of his villains like Mad Hatter and Anarky.Not to mention he has years and years of rogues to take into account and they all are just pure awesome. The only drawback I can see is Penguin lol."
Batman's Rogue Gallery is great. I have his as my close second. I voted for X-Men though. Magneto's greatness just cannot be denied and it's interesting that he was fighting for basically the same thing as the X-Men but in a much different way.
#9 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

See I love X-Men villians.....but to me there just arnt nearly as many great X-Men villains as Batman ones.

#10 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

See I love X-Men villians.....but to me there just arnt nearly as many great X-Men villains as Batman ones.

#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man by far in my book.

#12 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash.

Spider-Man has hands down the WORST group of villains in comics.

If you honestly think Rhino, Vulture, Sandman, Venom, Carnage, 80 goblins and Doctor Octopus are the best group of villains in comics, you should shoot yourself in the head.

#13 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

Theyre certainly not the worst.....but not nearly the best either.

#14 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

No character has more low quality recuring villains than Spider-Man.

Nobody.

I'd love for somebody to try to argue the point though.

#15 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Flash.Spider-Man has hands down the WORST group of villains in comics.If you honestly think Rhino, Vulture, Sandman, Venom, Carnage, 80 goblins and Doctor Octopus are the best group of villains in comics, you should shoot yourself in the head."

Noone has to shoot themselves, though.
#16 Posted by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"No character has more low quality recuring villains than Spider-Man.Nobody.I'd love for somebody to try to argue the point though."
Aquaman
#17 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:
"Zoom said:
"No character has more low quality recuring villains than Spider-Man.Nobody.I'd love for somebody to try to argue the point though."
Aquaman"
Aquaman has what?  Three recuring villains?

Besides, Black Manta and Ocean Master are far and away better than any of the Spidey villains I named.
#18 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:
"Zoom said:
Aquaman"
Cosigned. The fisherman honestly very lame.
#19 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Forgot all about the Fisherman.  Man that guy sucked.

But thats still just one really bad villain (I'm sure we could think of several more for Aquaman) next to the 30 something bad villains Spider-Man faces time and time again.

#20 Posted by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Dr. ? man said:
"Zoom said:
Aquaman"
Aquaman has what?  Three recuring villains?Besides, Black Manta and Ocean Master are far and away better than any of the Spidey villains I named."
Better to you but not better to the majority of fans overall and ultimately that's what matters. Every hero has jobbers in their rogue's gallery, it's far more apparent with Aquaman than Spider-Man because he has only two credible villains whereas Spider-Man has many credible villains. There's a reason why so many Spider-Man villains were borrowed by writers with other superheroes (like Kingpin, Hobgoblin, Rhino, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Venom and etc) because he has many villains that are high quality, he can afford to face some low quality villains from time to time because they take nothing away from his rogue's gallery that's already established.
#21 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"See I love X-Men villians.....but to me there just arnt nearly as many great X-Men villains as Batman ones."

That's probably true but I think X-Men's best villains are about something deeper than Batman's. I'm not insulting Batman's villains though.
#22 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:
"Better to you but not better to the majority of fans overall and ultimately that's what matters. Every hero has jobbers in their rogue's gallery, it's far more apparent with Aquaman than Spider-Man because he has only two credible villains whereas Spider-Man has many credible villains."
In that case, the Punisher has the worst Rogues gallery because he only has one credible villain.

But not about quantity.  Its about QUALITY.

The only two villains that Aquaman faces over and over are fairly good villains whereas time and time again, Spider-Man battles sucky villain after sucky villain.
#23 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men.

#24 Posted by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Dr. ? man said:
"Better to you but not better to the majority of fans overall and ultimately that's what matters. Every hero has jobbers in their rogue's gallery, it's far more apparent with Aquaman than Spider-Man because he has only two credible villains whereas Spider-Man has many credible villains."
In that case, the Punisher has the worst Rogues gallery because he only has one credible villain.But not about quantity.  Its about QUALITY."
Spider-Man has more pros than cons in his rogue's gallery otherwise the bulk of them would never had sustained the longevity they've endured for so long but alas they have. The fact that 2/3 of the Spider-Man rogues have gone outside of the Spider-Man world and onto periodically facing many other prominent heroes illustrate the quality aspect.
#25 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"X-Men."
And John's right yet again.
#26 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:
"Spider-Man has more pros than cons in his rogue's gallery otherwise the bulk of them would never had sustained the longevity they've endured for so long but alas they have. The fact that 2/3 of the Spider-Man rogues have gone outside of the Spider-Man world and onto periodically facing many other prominent heroes illustrate the quality aspect. "
Just because Rhino has also fought the Hulk doesn't make him a worthwhile character.
#27 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#28 Posted by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Dr. ? man said:
"Spider-Man has more pros than cons in his rogue's gallery otherwise the bulk of them would never had sustained the longevity they've endured for so long but alas they have. The fact that 2/3 of the Spider-Man rogues have gone outside of the Spider-Man world and onto periodically facing many other prominent heroes illustrate the quality aspect. "
Just because Rhino has also fought the Hulk doesn't make him a worthwhile character."
If he wasn't a worthwhile character, Rhino wouldn't have been used period.
#29 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Dr. ? man said:
In that case, the Punisher has the worst Rogues gallery because he only has one credible villain.But not about quantity.  Its about QUALITY.The only two villains that Aquaman faces over and over are fairly good villains whereas time and time again, Spider-Man battles sucky villain after sucky villain."

Black Tarantua, Kingpin, Green Goblin (Norman Osborne), Kraven the Hunter, and Lizard are all not sucky villains. Black Tarantula is a great villain.
#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern...

he has Nero, Sinestro, Cyborg Superman, Antimonitor, Superman Prime, Darkseid himself and others

M

#31 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHHAHAHAHHA!  In the absence of light, BATMAN prevails XD

#32 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:
"If he wasn't a worthwhile character, Rhino wouldn't have been used period."
Get a clue.

Lunacyde said:
"Black Tarantua, Kingpin, Green Goblin (Norman Osborne), Kraven the Hunter, and Lizard are all not sucky villains. Black Tarantula is a great villain."
Kingpin is Daredevil villain.  Lizard is a sucky villain.  BT is decent and the original Green Goblin has long since moved on to bigger and better things.

Methos said:
"Green Lantern...he has Cyborg Superman, Antimonitor, Superman Prime, Darkseid himself and othersM"
Did I miss something?  These are Superman villains.

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
Did I miss something?  These are Superman villains."
then you missed something

M
#34 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that Sinestro aside, Green Lantern has to generally borrow villains because all his old rogues suck?

Come on, Methos.  The guy spent his time fighting Tattoed Man and Goldface.  When you listed 6 memorable ones, you listed 4 guys that primarily fight other people.

#35 Edited by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Dr. ? man said:
"If he wasn't a worthwhile character, Rhino wouldn't have been used period."
Get a clue.

Kingpin is Daredevil villain.  
Practice what you preach and get a clue yourself, villains that aren't worthwhile fade into obscurity. Furthermore Kingpin originally was a Spider-Man villain first and foremost, he was later used as a Daredevil villain. Same with Hammerhead. Same with Black Tarantula. Examples such as those prove that Spider-Man doesn't have the worst rogue's gallery in comics otherwise no one would use them anywhere else but the history says otherwise.
#36 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:
"villains that aren't worthwhile fade into obscurity."
No.  They don't.  That's why Spider-Man still has people to fight.

That's why the Wrecking Crew is still around.

Its why you still see characters like Crazy Quilt and Mad Dog and Hyena running around in DC comics.

Bad characters don't disappear anymore than bad writers.
#37 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

1) X-men
2) Spider-man
3) Batman

#38 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"Spider-man"
*slaps Andferne on the nose*

No.  Bad.
#39 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Andferne said:
"Spider-man"
*slaps Andferne on the nose*No.  Bad."
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
#40 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Batman
  2. Flash
  3. X-Men
#41 Edited by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Dr. ? man said:
No.  They don't.  That's why Spider-Man still has people to fight.That's why the Wrecking Crew is still around.Its why you still see characters like Crazy Quilt and Mad Dog and Hyena running around in DC comics.Bad characters don't disappear anymore than bad writers."
Yes, they do. How often has Crazy Quilt even made an appearance compared to the likes of Two-Face or Ra's Al Ghul? Same with Mad Dog and Hyena which is very little in comparison hence forth them all being obscure. They're used very little if at all. Bottom line is, there's not a hero's gallery that hasn't featured a jobber at one time or another. You're taking Spider-Man to task for something that could easily be applied to any of the big time superheroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and etc.
#42 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:
"Zoom said:
"Dr. ? man said:
No.  They don't.  That's why Spider-Man still has people to fight.That's why the Wrecking Crew is still around.Its why you still see characters like Crazy Quilt and Mad Dog and Hyena running around in DC comics.Bad characters don't disappear anymore than bad writers."
Yes, they do. How often has Crazy Quilt even made an appearance compared to the likes of Two-Face or Ra's Al Ghul? Same with Mad Dog and Hyena which is very little in comparison hence forth them all being obscure. They're used very little if at all. Bottom line is, there's not a hero's gallery that hasn't featured a jobber at one time or another. You're taking Spider-Man to task for something that could easily be applied to any of the big time superheroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and etc. "

Yea, but you can't make someone see this if they are absolutely set on believing it's false. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
#43 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for the Fantastic Four as thats one of the main comics i read growing up.Great list of foes they went up against.
From Galactus to Kang its a whos who of the Marvel world.

#44 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash Rogues are even his fan! - Just kidding - They respect/fear him aparently

#45 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Flash.Spider-Man has hands down the WORST group of villains in comics.If you honestly think Rhino, Vulture, Sandman, Venom, Carnage, 80 goblins and Doctor Octopus are the best group of villains in comics, you should shoot yourself in the head."
So you named a few villains who are "bad". And honestly they aren't that bad. Sandman is a serious threat and so is Carnage and Venom.

He still has Morlun, Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Mr. Negative, Kingpin, Lizard, Venom(Eddie), Mysterio, etc.

Are you telling me Batman or the Flash don't have terrible villains?
#46 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Zoom said:
So you named a few villains who are "bad". And honestly they aren't that bad. Sandman is a serious threat and so is Carnage and Venom.He still has Morlun, Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Mr. Negative, Kingpin, Lizard, Venom(Eddie), Mysterio, etc.Are you telling me Batman or the Flash don't have terrible villains?"
I think the thing about most of the Spider-man villains is that they are stupid, can't work together and usually you just have to beat them up, Batman rogues usually have big plots and flash rogues team-up very nicely, so they became more dangerous. Look at Osborn is great because he's using his brains instead of just robing banks.
#47 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"I think the thing about most of the Spider-man villains is that they are stupid, can't work together and usually you just have to beat them up, Batman rogues usually have big plots and flash rogues team-up very nicely, so they became more dangerous. Look at Osborn is great because he's using his brains instead of just robing banks."
Kingpin, Mysterio, Norman, Mr. Negative, Kraven are just the ones off the top of my head that use their heads over brawn.

Most of Flash villains have to use PIS to make a story interesting. There are very few that I read about and actually believe what I'm reading.
#48 Posted by Nightwolf3 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman without a doubt

#49 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"they aren't that bad. Sandman is a serious threat and so is Carnage and Venom.He still has Morlun, Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Mr. Negative, Kingpin, Lizard, Venom(Eddie), Mysterio, etc."
Sorry.  I guess I wasn't clear.  I didn't mean Spider-Man has weak villains.  I mean he has boring villains.  Wheres Carnage's character depth?  Wheres the Lizard's motivation?  What's the coolest thing the Sandman has ever done?  When was the last time somebody wrote a good story with Harry Osborn as the villain?

These villains Suck with a capital S

Norman and Kraven aside, there are no truely interesting Spider-Man villains.

Contrast this with Batman, who faces characters like Joker, Promethius, Hush, and Two-Face.  Hell, even losers like the Mad Hatter and the Penguin have more character depth than Spidey baddies.

Same goes for the Flash.  His main enemies like the Reverse Flashes, Captain Cold, Weather Wizard and Mirror Master are all very interesting as people.  Sure, there are some bad ones as well but at least they have character motivation beyond "Kill Spider-Man!"
#50 Posted by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"Nobody said:
"Zoom said:
So you named a few villains who are "bad". And honestly they aren't that bad. Sandman is a serious threat and so is Carnage and Venom.He still has Morlun, Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Mr. Negative, Kingpin, Lizard, Venom(Eddie), Mysterio, etc.Are you telling me Batman or the Flash don't have terrible villains?"
I think the thing about most of the Spider-man villains is that they are stupid, can't work together and usually you just have to beat them up, Batman rogues usually have big plots and flash rogues team-up very nicely, so they became more dangerous. Look at Osborn is great because he's using his brains instead of just robing banks."
Doctor Octopus, Mysterio, Alistair Smythe, Norman Osborn/Green Goblin, Roderick Kingsley/Hobgoblin, Chameleon, Vulture, Kraven, Kingpin, Jackal, Lizard, Beetle and many other Spider-Man villains are far from stupid, they're actually brilliant and they've also hatched big plots against Spider-Man in the past. Groups like the Sinister Six and the Sinister Syndicate prove that the Spider-Man villains can work together.