Podcast of 7-1-11

cfkane1701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By cfkane1701

I admit, I'm only about 30 minutes into the podcast, but the love-fest with Judd Winick is getting real old real fast. I get that you have to be nice to guests if you want them to come back, but you also have to do more than ask them questions that are in their wheelhouse or questions to which they can coyly say, "Wait and see!" Whatever is going on at that point is not an interview, it's marketing. Marketing being done by people who call themselves journalists.  

Also, Tony is constantly telling people to wait until September before voicing their opinions about the DCU post-Flashpoint. "You've got to wait, just wait." You know, screw that! I think comic book readers as a whole are manipulated by comic book writers and publishers to such an extent that they have a right to express opinions about what's going on Whenever. They. Damn. Well. Please. Their opinions don't have to be taken seriously, but they don't need Tony Guerrero telling them to shut up. that just makes Tony sound like he's carrying water for any comic he kind of likes. 

And as for Judd Winick, I really don't give a damn how hard everybody at DC is working. Just because you're killing yourselves doesn't mean you're producing something that isn't crap. You're totally biased and your opinion about the books is virtually worthless. And telling people to hold on to their opinions is condescending, which is ironic since he waxed so rhapsodic about how smart the readers are.  

And now for the disclaimers. I think Flashpoint is pretty cool so far. I'm interested to see where it goes. I've also never been that big a fan of the almighty continuity. Hopefully, DC can start telling stories without all the baggage. Finally, I KNOW I can just stop listening if I don't like the podcast. And you can stop reading if me criticizing Tony, et. al is so troubling to you.

cfkane1701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By cfkane1701

BTW, I tried to listen to the rest of the podcast. A minute in, Judd Winick started saying over and over, "Isn't this fun?" That you're answering questions with a coy little, "Sorry! Can't say!" and condescendingly referring to the people who object to yet another DC reboot as a micro-minority.  

No, that isn't really fun. It's maddening to hear you say it, and infuriating for the podcast crew to go along. Go back to drawing big boobs on Karen Starr or something.