Please help me!

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Jonny_Rogers

I have been trying to make films for nearly 3 years, and have struggled to get the attention of any more than 100 people on (the majority of) my videos, specifically ones relating to comics and their characters. I understand that many other people face this problem, but I fear that my only solution is to open up awareness to a wider community, and who better than a website devoted to comics to do such?   

I am aware of how bad some of my earlier videos are, but please consider how things have, and will, improve in time. Thanks! 
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJonnyRogers (2010 - 2012)
http://www.youtube.com/user/strontiumblog (2012 - 2013 (includes some old videos))

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jonny_Rogers

Anyone?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jorgevy

@Jonny_Rogers: if it's world's finest, why is there green lantern there?

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Rogers
@Jorgevy 
1) A lot of the early World's Finest Comics featured back-ups with other character team ups. 
2) The proposed film would be focused on Batman and Superman, but would hint at the other aspects of the DC (movie) universe that we already know.... like Green Lantern. 
3) When thinking about DC films (and the villains), I thought that a Justice League vs Sinestro Corps would make a pretty awesome battle. Given that this was intended to be a prequel to the potential Justice League film, I thought that it'd make sense to refer to any future opponents, or to at least open the possibility of a wider universe.
CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CrimsonCake

I like that Charlie Chaplin narration video you did.

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonny_Rogers
@CrimsonCake: It took me a while to remember the one that you were referring to... Thanks, though.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Timandm

Have you considered things like trying to illustrate novels?  Might be a way to break into the business...

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonny_Rogers
@Timandm: What do you mean, exactly? 
Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#8  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@Jonny_Rogers said:

I have been trying to make films for nearly 3 years, and have struggled to get the attention of any more than 100 people on (the majority of) my videos, specifically ones relating to comics and their characters. I understand that many other people face this problem, but I fear that my only solution is to open up awareness to a wider community, and who better than a website devoted to comics to do such?

I am aware of how bad some of my earlier videos are, but please consider how things have, and will, improve in time. Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJonnyRogers (2010 - 2012)
http://www.youtube.com/user/strontiumblog (2012 - 2013 (includes some old videos))

Very awesome films man! I also love video editing.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Timandm
@Jonny_Rogers said:
@Timandm: What do you mean, exactly? 
Doh!  I should have explained that.  From your videos in you tube, I got the impression that you're an artist.  Is that correct?  I assumed it was you giving the tutorial on how to draw.  Also, there was the drawing of the dragon that was done quickly.

I see you're trying to develop a fan base/following so to speak.  I understand that it's hard to break into things like the comic book business, and most certainly the film industry.  So, I was wondering, if you've thought of drawing illustrations for novels.  Well known authors can easily get artists to draw illustrations for their novels, but new authors...  So, I was wondering if you've thought about offering your artistic ability to those in need of illustrations for their novels.  It could be a way to get noticed.  You certainly seem to have the talent...
Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jonny_Rogers
@MadeinBangladesh: I can't tell you how much comments like this mean to me! I'd love to see some of your videos...
Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Rogers
@Timandm: That makes sense...  
It's funny that you should bring up illustrating novels, as my initial interest in drawing later translated to my interest in comics (hence why I am on this site) and writing (mainly films/comics, but a little bit of novel writing), and I have pretty much stayed doing this since. 
I never understood why my drawing video is my most successful one, and I've been considered doing more videos along the same line due to it being something that other people seem to be interested in... but I was about 11 or 12 when I actually drew that, and my style has changed completely since. I do study art at school, and it remains one of my strengths - the problem is that it is nearly entirely photoshop based; I could never be satisfied by drawing so I abandoned that idea soon after that video. Your comment has definitely given me something to thing about, though. 
On the topic of illustrating novels, a few of my friends are brilliant writers (some of which are artists, anyway), so I could offer an artistic support in that respect. I would illustrate my own work, except that any idea that I have never seems to go any further than being anything more than an idea. The reason why I put this post up is because I severely lack confidence in my work, and comments like yours really do give me a boost that I need!
For the record, I'm not so much developing a fan base as much as I am trying to get it known that I am willing to work within the industry.
Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#12  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@Jonny_Rogers said:

@MadeinBangladesh: I can't tell you how much comments like this mean to me! I'd love to see some of your videos...

no problem man and sadly I havent done any video editing in about 2 years. i have been busy with my music production, but I have been strugging to find the right video editing software. what would you recommend?