Placing Eragon in power levels

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hmm...I'd like to try and place end of series(with all the Eldunari) Eragon somewhere, as far as what comics characters he could beat and what comic characters could beat him, but not positive where to place him. I know that with just his sword(stored energy in the jewel in the pommel) Oromis was capable of moving a mountain and that at the end of the series Eragon has somewhere around 300 Eldunari each of which were capable of storing MUCH more energy than Oromis' sword. One Eldunari was capable of overwhelming the minds of about 100,000 people. Also, just the wards he casts on himself before any battle without using any of the Eldunari were powerful enough to stop hundreds of arrows before they run out of energy. Plus he knows the 12 death words that take no more energy than throwing a pebble and can instantly kill anyone not warded against them. Also, in terms of physicals he has run for multiple days straight with no rest at speeds in excess of 50 mph. He has hit with just his fist hard enough to cave in steel plate armor and send the wearer flying dozens of feet through the air. He casually hacks shields and other weapons apart using his sword. And all of that is with no magic bolstering him. So...any idea where to place him?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@randomsid: I was actually planning on making a respect thread for him to help to this very thing. I'll let you know/come back to this thread when I do.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Thanks, I love the books(though they ruined the movie and made it nearly impossible to even make a second movie) and love the character. I know he is very powerful, but exactly how he stacks up to the comic powerhouses I'm not real sure.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm placing him at low powerhouse.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: I loved his books man! But yeah, I made the mistake of watching the movie first and then reading....big disappointment haha.

Supposedly he's a reality warper now since he has like hundreds of Eldunari and he said he can literally "do anything", or something like that.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@randomsid: I loved his books man! But yeah, I made the mistake of watching the movie first and then reading....big disappointment haha.

Supposedly he's a reality warper now since he has like hundreds of Eldunari and he said he can literally "do anything", or something like that.

Well, the anything part is probably hyperbole, but he can definitely do a lot considering with just his Sword Oromis would be able to move a mountain and the Eldunari are capably of holding MUCH more energy than Oromis sword was able to store. And he also has the spell he used on Galbatorix which is basically just like Ghost Riders Penance Stare. Plus the fact that he knows magics true name allows him to do just about any spell with magic.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: And imagine if he still had the Belt of Beloth the Wise.....

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RandomSid82

@thevivas said:

@randomsid: And imagine if he still had the Belt of Beloth the Wise.....

The belt would give him more power, though with how many Eldunari he now has at the end of the series it would be a nominal power boost. He had over 120 before facing Galbatorix and Galbatorix had more than he had and he has all of them as well. The belt itself though has 12 diamonds that can store as much energy each as Oromis sword so it's still a power boost.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Yeah, but I don't see him lugging all those around with him. Haha. I would have killed to see him fight someone with the power from the Belt, his gem/jewel in his sword, and the Eldunari. Talk about overkill. Lol

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@randomsid: Yeah, but I don't see him lugging all those around with him. Haha. I would have killed to see him fight someone with the power from the Belt, his gem/jewel in his sword, and the Eldunari. Talk about overkill. Lol

Well, he doesn't have to lug them around with him. As he did in the last book, just store them in the pocket dimension that floats behind him. But yes, it would have been overkill.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: He only brought five with him and left the others back on Vreongard, didn't he? Cause after he beat Galbatorix the spell making them forget how to open the chamber dispelled, right?

(It's been awhile since I read Inheritence)

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RandomSid82

@thevivas said:

@randomsid: He only brought five with him and left the others back on Vreongard, didn't he? Cause after he beat Galbatorix the spell making them forget how to open the chamber dispelled, right?

(It's been awhile since I read Inheritence)

You have that backwards, he only left 5 back on Vroengard to defend the rest of the eggs should he fail to stop Galbatorix.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Okay yeah, I remember now. Thanks man haha

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK, he's really hard to place. Physically, he's in league with Captain America and Deathstroke. However, with his magic, he could probably be based anywhere between city-country level -- TP powerful enough to affect 10,000+ minds, wards powerful enough to ward of an army, and more all as a novice. And let's not forget the death words either. I forget exactly how they work, but given the nature of magic in The Inheritance Cycle, anything is possible with enough endurance, Eragon can probably do some serious damage. He already had impressive endurance as a novice, even more so as a fully realized rider, but now he has thousands of eldunari to use as back up.....and his pre-made wards as well. He's a beast.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@buttersdaman000: And let's not forget the death words either. I forget exactly how they work

They're spells designed to target weak points on the body to cause instant death with minimal effort: arteries, nerves, etc.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: And let's not forget the death words either. I forget exactly how they work

They're spells designed to target weak points on the body to cause instant death with minimal effort: arteries, nerves, etc.

Ok, so their effect would be debatable or nonexistent against beings like Superman, Thor, or Wolverine.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@buttersdaman000: Ok, so their effect would be debatable or nonexistent against beings like Superman, Thor, or Wolverine.

With his power up EoS he probably could do the same thing just with more effort. With Wolverine he'd probably just crush his brain into mush as normally Death Words are for large amounts of non-magical fodder (who can't block the spells with wards) without needlessly wasting energy with more powerful spells.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Well I finished gathering all his feats from the first two books and it's up in my blogs if you wanted to check it out. Lol

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TSciallsolle3451

Probably planetary level, based on top-tier DC magic-users' feats.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Ok, so their effect would be debatable or nonexistent against beings like Superman, Thor, or Wolverine.

With his power up EoS he probably could do the same thing just with more effort. With Wolverine he'd probably just crush his brain into mush as normally Death Words are for large amounts of non-magical fodder (who can't block the spells with wards) without needlessly wasting energy with more powerful spells.

Not really, even Superman Thor and Wolverine have weak spots in their body. They are not weak spots like we know them, but Superman for example has shown an inherent vulnerability to magic. Superman has also shown to use pressure points against other Kryptonians and that, in itself, shows that they have weak points too that can be exploited with magic in Eragon's verse.

Avatar image for thelegionproject
TheLegionProject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Low mid tier.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RandomSid82

@thelegionproject said:

Low mid tier.

Yeah he is FAR above the low mid tier just based on feats with nothing more than his sword.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats still beats him.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By magnablue

book

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

movie

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers