#1 Posted by The Finality (133 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superman-Henry Cavill 2. Batman-Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, Kevin Conroy as Batman (I loved Bale as Wayne, but the growling? Conroy is legend. 3. Wonder Woman- Katy Perry (I know, I know, crazy right? But it is really?) 4. Aquaman- Alan Richardson (I can't think of anyone better suited to play The King of the Seas then the guy who played him on Smallville) 5. Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds (He's already the perfect Hal Jordan) 6. The Flash- Chris Pine 7. Martian Manhunter- Djimon Hounsou (with maybe mokap work from Doug Jones 8. Green Arrow- Stephen Amell (he's playing him in that new Arrow show coming out) 9. Black Canary- Katie Cassidy (she'll be in Arrow as well) 10. The Atom- Ioan Gruffudd (yep, Mr. Fantastic. But he's got the perfect brainy guy look to him) 11. Hawkman- Gerard Butler 12. Hawkgirl- Katherine Heigel 11. Plastic Man- Jim Carrey (Hands down, who else could do it that well?) 12. Mera- Elena Satine (She played Mera in Smallville as well) 13. Firestorm- Michael B. Jordan as Jason Rusch (He played in Chronicle recently)/Matt Lanter as Ronnie Raymond (He played jock Brody Mitchum in Heroes. So, what do you think? Who would you pick? Give me your thoughts. :)

#2 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

most of your options are not that good.

#3 Edited by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. I think we should wait to choose Cavill until we see how he does in Man of Steel. Same with Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy.
  2. I agree that Conroy is a good batman, but you can't have two different people for the same character. Unless you're talking about just the voice, but even then, it would still be awkward to hear Conroy's voice coming out of Bale's mouth.
  3. Katy Perry is a singer, not an actress, so I highly doubt she could pull that off.
  4. Unless you're talking about a young justice league.. no. Ritchson, in my opinion, just looks too young. He fit on Smallville because it was younger version of the characters.
  5. Ryan Reynolds wasn't good as Hal, and I don't really want to see him play the character again.
  6. Haven't seen anything with Chris pine in it, so can't speak on this. Same goes for Hounsou.
  7. Don't know enough about the character to agree on Ioan as Atom.
  8. If you're basing it off of 300, I have to disagree, he's a decent actor.. but he has't shown anything to make me think he'd be good in the role. A popular choice I'm seeing is Michael Fassbender, and based off of how well he pulled off Magneto, I think he'd be a decent choice.
  9. Don't know about the character to comment on her.
  10. Eh.. it all depends. Look how he did Riddler and Big Head. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but he just tends to turn the role from the character, into, well.. Jim Carrey. He's a decent choice, though.
  11. Mera's not exactly a well-known character(heck, I only know what was told to us in Brightest Day), so she might not be a good choice for a Justice League movie. Maybe for an Aquaman one.
  12. Again, don't know enough about Firestorm, which is ironic considering I have a bunch of old issues of him that I haven't read.
#4 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7884 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU movie would be better

#5 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Finality said:

3. Wonder Woman- Katy Perry (I know, I know, crazy right? But it is really?)

10. The Atom- Ioan Gruffudd (yep, Mr. Fantastic. But he's got the perfect brainy guy look to him)

We wouldn't want people thinking about a different comic book hero than the one on screen, would we now?

11. Plastic Man- Jim Carrey (Hands down, who else could do it that well?)

Lord no. It's a serious movie. Plastic Man would ruin it, let alone Jim Carrey.

#6 Posted by GuruOfFunk (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind Djimon Hounsou as Martian Manhunter but thats about it.

#7 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7884 posts) - - Show Bio

@GuruOfFunk said:

I don't mind Djimon Hounsou as Martian Manhunter but thats about it.

Depends on what race they want to use for Jo'nn Jonzz

#8 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

1. I think we should wait to choose Cavill until we see how he does in Man of Steel. Same with Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy.
  2. I agree that Conroy is a good batman, but you can't have two different people for the same character. Unless you're talking about just the voice, but even then, it would still be awkward to hear Conroy's voice coming out of Bale's mouth.
  3. Katy Perry is a singer, not an actress, so I highly doubt she could pull that off.
  4. Unless you're talking about a young justice league.. no. Ritchson, in my opinion, just looks too young. He fit on Smallville because it was younger version of the characters.
  5. Ryan Reynolds wasn't good as Hal, and I don't really want to see him play the character again.
  6. Haven't seen anything with Chris pine in it, so can't speak on this. Same goes for Hounsou.
  8. If you're basing it off of 300, I have to disagree, he's a decent actor.. but he has't shown anything to make me think he'd be good in the role. A popular choice I'm seeing is Michael Fassbender, and based off of how well he pulled off Magneto, I think he'd be a decent choice.
  10. Eh.. it all depends. Look how he did Riddler and Big Head. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but he just tends to turn the role from the character, into, well.. Jim Carrey. He's a decent choice, though.
  11. Mera's not exactly a well-known character(heck, I only know what was told to us in Brightest Day), so she might not be a good choice for a Justice League movie. Maybe for an Aquaman one.
  12. Again, don't know enough about Firestorm, which is ironic considering I have a bunch of old issues of him that I haven't read.

Ironically, Fassbender was in 300, as well.

#9 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Ironically, Fassbender was in 300, as well.

Still, he's a good actor.

#10 Edited by Adnan (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman - Katy Perry

...has she had any acting roles before? To be honest, I wouldn't mind too much if the actress for WW looking somewhat different as long as she can actually act - better that than someone who looks somewhat like her but can't act at all.

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

superman - tom welling / batman - clive owen / wonderwoman - erica durance / aquaman - justin hartley / green lantern - stay with ryan reynolds / the flash - Ryan McPartlin / martian manhunter - Peter Mensah / green arrow - josh holloway / black canary - Yvone Strahovski ( polish spell check plz)

Dream Team

#12 Posted by Endanger (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop stop STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP.

So no one here have read Keith Giffen's run on Justice League International? The run in the late 80s immediately following post-crisis where everyone was scrambling to put a Justice League together?

That was by far one of the best Justice League stories ever put out. And it didn't have Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash...

The team was Batman, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Mr.Miracle, Booster Gold, Black Canary, Maxwell Lord

The movies should go with this, and put Superman in later down the road.

#13 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Endanger said:

So no one here have read Keith Giffen's run on Justice League International? The run in the late 80s immediately following post-crisis where everyone was scrambling to put a Justice League together?

That was by far one of the best Justice League stories ever put out. And it didn't have Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash...

The team was Batman, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Mr.Miracle, Booster Gold, Black Canary, Maxwell Lord

Not to say this is a bad idea, but the film wouldn't nearly as successful if they did this.

#14 Posted by _Cain_ (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

.................The Difference Being?.......

#15 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7884 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

.................The Difference Being?.......

More storylines, roster, etc.

#16 Posted by _Cain_ (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: So your basically saying a Bigger JLA Movie would be better then A Normal One?

#17 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Far as I know, Justice League America is not = to Justice League International

#18 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see Chris Pine being a great Barry Allen.

#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7884 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666: Yes

#20 Posted by KomicKev (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes should probably be Henry Cavill, assuming his movie will be better than the last one, but Batman can be almost any strong-looking, gruff-voiced actor as we probably wouldn't see much of Bruce Wayne in a Justice League movie with a lot of characters running (or flying) around. I don't mind Christian Bale at all, but just saying it really doesn't have to be him. I like the Chris Pine idea for Flash/Barry Allen and have NO IDEA who I'd cast for Wonder Woman. Whomever she is she has to have strong arms and can pull off wearing the WW costume well. Martian Manhunter would probably be CGI (like The Hulk in the Avengers) and may only occasionally be featured in a human form, so not too worried about who would play him; the voice actor would be more crucial. I liked Justin Hartley as Green Arrow in Smallville but could totally get behind him as Aquaman. He has a good physique for it. I think they should stick with the "Big Seven" in the first movie and leave it at that. Maybe introduce an Atom or a Black Canary in a sequel. And, contrary to what most say, I actually liked Ryan Reynolds and the Green Lantern movie so I would like to see him play this character again. Probably not going to happen after all the bad press, but it's my opinion and I'm sticking with it . . . . so there.

#21 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Finality said:

1. Superman-Henry Cavill 2. Batman-Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, Kevin Conroy as Batman (I loved Bale as Wayne, but the growling? Conroy is legend. 3. Wonder Woman- Katy Perry (I know, I know, crazy right? But it is really?) 4. Aquaman- Alan Richardson (I can't think of anyone better suited to play The King of the Seas then the guy who played him on Smallville) 5. Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds (He's already the perfect Hal Jordan) 6. The Flash- Chris Pine 7. Martian Manhunter- Djimon Hounsou (with maybe mokap work from Doug Jones 8. Green Arrow- Stephen Amell (he's playing him in that new Arrow show coming out) 9. Black Canary- Katie Cassidy (she'll be in Arrow as well) 10. The Atom- Ioan Gruffudd (yep, Mr. Fantastic. But he's got the perfect brainy guy look to him) 11. Hawkman- Gerard Butler 12. Hawkgirl- Katherine Heigel 11. Plastic Man- Jim Carrey (Hands down, who else could do it that well?) 12. Mera- Elena Satine (She played Mera in Smallville as well) 13. Firestorm- Michael B. Jordan as Jason Rusch (He played in Chronicle recently)/Matt Lanter as Ronnie Raymond (He played jock Brody Mitchum in Heroes. So, what do you think? Who would you pick? Give me your thoughts. :)

Wow. A lot to dissect here.

1. Sure. Looks great so far.
  2. No thanks. Bale and Conroy great, but there can only be one Batman/Bruce Wayne. Neither of them are it (live action, anyway).
  3. Lol, no.
  4. Idk who that is.
  5. No thanks. Reynolds was totally miscasted. He'd've been a better Guy Gardner, though.
  6. I could see that, but there are others I'd place before him.
  7. I dig it.
  8. Idk about him yet.
  9. Same.
  10. Maybe, but I'd rather someone else. He's too much Mr. Fantastic to me.
  11. Yes. A winged Gerard Butler is terrifying and epic. Especially if he's swinging a mace.
  12. Nooooooooo way.
  13. Carey's great, but he's much too old. Johnny Knoxville would be a better Plastic Man. Not joking.
  14. Idk who that is.
  15. Sure, why not.
#22 Posted by Endanger (160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tunsieon said:

@Endanger said:

Not to say this is a bad idea, but the film wouldn't nearly as successful if they did this.

Well do you want a good movie with a good storyline or do you want a successful movie with a bunch of Superman logos appearing everywhere......

#23 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Yeah that's looking good. He's a good actor. So far I like him more than poker face Welling and Routh.

2. Bale is good as long as they remove the throat cancer effect on his bats.

3. No. Just no. I prefer the one from the scrapped tv show or the aussie chick from the planned-yet-cancelled Justice League film.

4. No. Smallville roster should be ignored altogether.

5. Maybe? Ryan gets all the hate because he's not perfect for the role. But he's ok for me I guess.

6. Yes. He'd be good. If only Reynolds wasn't cast as GL, he would have been good for Flash.

7. Perfect casting on this. His voice is especially good for MM.

8. Ok I guess. I hope he's better than Hartley. Oh how I wish Erroll Flynn was back from the grave. :D

9. Ok again I guess. Better than that boy's cut version from Smallville.

10. Yeah he's good for Atom.

11. I don't see him as Hawkman. But I don't have any actor in mind either.

12. Same as above.

11 (again?) Jim is good for the role but I don't want Plastic Man in the cast.

12 (again?) Saw "Smallville" in description. No.

13. Don't know the actors. Don't care about Firestorm.

#24 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

There@Endanger said:

@Tunsieon said:

@Endanger said:

Well do you want a good movie with a good storyline or do you want a successful movie with a bunch of Superman logos appearing everywhere......

There's very good storylines that DC could borrow from that has the bigger names (though they don't need to borrow from a story at all). I'd like to see a JLI animated movie, as those seem to reach out to the hardcore fans more while a live action Justice League film in theaters should have the bigger names and broader appeal.

#25 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman - Henry Cavill (I have faith).

Batman - Michael Fassbender.

Wonder Woman - Jennifer Connelly.

Flash - Chris Pine.

Martian Manhunter - Doug Jones.

Hawkman - Luke Goss.

Green Lantern - Adam Scott.