Pick your own Villain on-going(s)!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

We're 3 weeks into Villains Month with a week left. Some of the stories have been interesting and compelling while others have just been slow and boring. With a possible "new 4th wave" coming soon in 2014 (from what I've read), let's pretend that Villains could be getting on-goings. From what you've read so far and what you will read next week, which Villains would you like to see get an on-going?

Personally, I want / would read an on-going by Two-Face, The Rouges, Reverse-Flash, Mongul, Lobo, and Deadshot.

Here's why:

• After reading Two-Face, I think if he stared in a book, he could be either a super villain or an anti-hero, all depending on the flip of a coin. If you read his one-shot, you'd see that he flipped the coin to determine if he'll be Gotham's savior in place of Batman or let it bleed. The first flip determined he'd be it's savior, so he went all Punisher for most of the book. Then the second flip determined he would let Gotham bleed, which is where the book ended. I feel as if this would be a good premise for a book, but hey that's just me.
  • I feel like The Rouges could have a similar effect as the previous entry. They're villains, yeah, but they're NOT bad guys. They don't kill. Also, in the Pre-52 world, The Rouges have often times bounced back and forth on the side of the law, acting as both heroes and villains. I think this would be another good premise for a book, where they could either fight villains in a bad guy vs bad guy situation, fight a hero, fight along side Flash, and so on.
  • Reverse-Flash is a tricky one. He's obviously meant to be a bad guy. An anti-Flash, obviously. I know DC is trying to stray away from multiple Flash's, for whatever reason considering there are 5 Human GL's and countless Bat-characters roaming around, but imagine if Reverse-Flash stays the R-F but tries to reconcile his life? He'll never be a Wally, and since we're not 100% sure on the status of Wally (despite there being speculation lately about either Bart or JL3000), maybe -for now- Daniel could fill our West needs? What if he realizes killing Flash isn't worth it and decides to go "good" but in a more ... Batman-esque manner? A more violent and relentless Flash, if you will. I think that would be interesting. Hey, it's the New 52, might as well go outside of the box some more.
  • Mongul. I just think it would interesting to see him in his corner of the DCnU since we've only seen him via the one-shot. Maybe we get an arc about him ravaging worlds or putting people through hell in War World only to have the winner or contestants revolt against him. I don't know, I just think it would be cool to see more of him from his POV in the New 52.
  • Deadshot, this all depends on his future status in The Suicide Squad, but I'd also like to see him in a solo in the DCnU, even though I'd worry it'd be TOO much like Deathstroke.
  • Lobo. The most controversial character in the DCnU right now. I'd feel like if he was given an on-going, with a good writer, this new Lobo could gain some fans. I'm interested in the development he's going to get in the future. He could fight evil space villains, or FSU all over the DCnUniverse. It might not be successful but hopefully, if we did get one, it'd give a good characterization story.

So, what are books you'd be interested in reading if a Villain received an on-going spinning out of Villains Month and why?

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't want a Count Vertigo series per se, but the one shot proved that Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino can make a great story out of any character. If they're the creative team, it's a title I'm following.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting choices. Bump!

C'mon people this is supposed to be fun!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lex Luther

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MakkyD

Killer Croc, he's too underrated, especially considering he's a batman villain.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well this is obviously all about DC but yeah.... I would like Mystique to have her own title again.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

Sinestro Corps

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I'd read a book about Gotham's villains but only if it was a book with a revolving main character. Each villain could get a couple of issues then move on to another.

• Sinestro Corps
  • The Rogues

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I'd read a book about Gotham's villains but only if it was a book with a revolving main character. Each villain could get a couple of issues then move on to another.

• Sinestro Corps
  • The Rogues

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Ra's al Ghul.
  2. The Rogues.
  3. Bane.
QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldnt mind a joker series

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I didn't even think of Bane, I'm so upset! I would definitely buy a book he was in...but personally, I hope they relaunch Secret Six with him in it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Joker and Red Skull Team Up (I know it happened)

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

Knee Before Zod: A mini about Zod conquering the Phantom Zone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I think that the Rogues would be one of the few groups of villains able to sustain an ongoing.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knee Before Zod: A mini about Zod conquering the Phantom Zone.

That'd be really cool to read.

I think that the Rogues would be one of the few groups of villains able to sustain an ongoing.

I agree. I don't know if they have a strong enough fanbase but they have a good enough story to be able to sustain one. I'd love it if they got a series.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Rogues. I'd have it be written by Gail Simone.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like a book about Ocean Master adventuring around, looking for his own corner of the seas to rule.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

The Rogues, of course.

Shadow Thief had an excellent one-shot in Villains Month and deserves to at least be part of an ongoing team. Personally, I think she'd be a great fit on the Suicide Squad, in lieu of Nightshade. Or pit her against Lanterns, now that her anti-alien demeanor has been shown.

And naturally, I'd love a Ragdoll and Parademon ongoing. :)

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy or Bane for DC

Doctor Doom or Loki for Marvel

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

problem is making it an ongoing, sure a miniseries of anything is cool but an ongoing, for a villain, thats tough.

HANDS DOWN, mR. fREEZE COULD MAKE THE best ongoing villain series of them all especially if you bring in the more gothic Mr. Freeze that appears sometimes like Batman TAS episode "heart of Ice"... (not the coldpun inducing mr. freeze of batman and robin and other sources)

I think either Lex Luthor or Dr. Doom might fit the bill. but it would be hard. but they both have highly successful miniseries.

it might be easier to pick a team (like the successful red lantern book) so Sinestro corps and The Rogues would be next on my list.

I found the Red SKull miniseries to be, kind of...yawn inducing, an ongoing could be very much so better..especially if you base it during ww2

I mostly think a mini would be better for anyone else, villains are hard to make ongoings for...like The Riddler, and Joker....both in my top favs ...but their ongoings would get slow, and dull

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Lobo

Black Adam

Doctor Doom