#1 Posted by OreoAssassin (4267 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so someone on Twitter shared this idea and it was sort of an "Oh Sh*t" moment for me. There will be spoilers following. Again major SPOILERS. So if you read Superior Carnage then you'll know that before hand Cletus Kasady was lobotomized making his mind gone. At the end of the arc, it was revealed that the symbiote was healing his brain the whole time and fixed his brain 100%. So, this brings us to current events where in Superior Spiderman 24, Sp0ck became the host for the Venom symbiote. So, if the Carnage symbiote repaired Cletus' mind, theoretically, wouldnt the Venom symbiote "repair" Peters mind and the damage?

#2 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say so, as the symbiote was "repairing" the damage done to Cassidy's brain. There isn't really damage done to Peter's brain, it's the replacement of the mind, which is an intangible thing. Healing Cassidy's brain would theoretically restore his personality (much akin to Deadpool's healing) with maybe some crazy alterations, but Cassidy was a nut to begin with. There's nothing to physically healing in Peter's brain, it's just a different personality. The symbiote will (and has) recognize that the brain patterns are different, but again that's intangible and not damaged, so it can't really be "healed".

#3 Posted by Binski (645 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say so, as the symbiote was "repairing" the damage done to Cassidy's brain. There isn't really damage done to Peter's brain, it's the replacement of the mind, which is an intangible thing. Healing Cassidy's brain would theoretically restore his personality (much akin to Deadpool's healing) with maybe some crazy alterations, but Cassidy was a nut to begin with. There's nothing to physically healing in Peter's brain, it's just a different personality. The symbiote will (and has) recognize that the brain patterns are different, but again that's intangible and not damaged, so it can't really be "healed".

this and the fact that this venom story line is a set up for a major story arc called goblin war or goblin nation...goblin something and it's still doc oc spiderman

#4 Posted by OreoAssassin (4267 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't physically heal and replace a soul.

#6 Edited by Binski (645 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: It happens I feet the same way about Damian Wayne and I read the son of Batman mini series on hopeful hints of his return but at least I can fall back on the Injustice comic because he's still alive and kickin in that...poor spider fans though you guys had amazing spiderman 700.1-700.5 and that's done with...I'm sure Peter will be back though he has a movie coming out and he's been absent for about a year now, I give it 2-3 story arcs depending on sales. Superior Spiderman has brought me back to the spider comics and I'm lovin every issue so when Peter comes back I hope they can keep both the Amazing Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man...but that's just me.

#7 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless you're Doctor Strange.

He literally eats souls for breakfast sometimes. Probably.

#8 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@khan_noonien_singh said:

Unless you're Doctor Strange.

He literally eats souls for breakfast sometimes. Probably.

Lol.

#9 Edited by Bezza (3400 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry, Peter will be back!

#10 Edited by Jeepeh (3645 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin Don't worry, we all are. and @binski Yeah, except he killed Dick! That just ain't cool.