Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dcmarveljoseph
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Batman and Captain America. Bruce Wayne and Steve Rogers.The Dark Knight and Flag...guy. Anyway, one thing these heroes have in common among others is that they both are on teams with beings with superpowers. Batman has the Justice League with the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman,and Aquaman. Captain America has the Avengers with the likes of Iron man,Thor, and The Hulk. What the two lack in superpowers they make up with high tech weapons ( Batman's batarang, lasers,etc.) and versatile tools ( Capt.'s shield) and tactical prowess. On the battlefield these two rely on one thing when they dodge bullets and throw grown men : their peak physical condition. Batman and Captain America are usually portrayed as leaping great heights, carrying heavy things, and other things most street heroes can't do. When describing their abilities the word "peak" appears .often. Though how each hero attained their peak is different.

Batman- The images above details the difference between Batman and Captain America. Bruce, at the age of 14, started a global trip around the world to train himself. The end result : Bruce, after studying under bodybuilders, acrobats, gymnast, Olympians, Bruce is at HIS peak. He was as strong,fast,and agile as HE could become. Since Bruce has some awesome genetics, his peak serves him well. He has no problem jumping over rooftops, flipping through gunfire, or throwing a thug...or two. Its stated that he can bench press 1000lbs. Bruce has good hearing,eyesight, and smell, but they aren't at their peak. He trained to use his senses the best he could...that's it. Finally, Bruce has to engage rigorous training like acrobatics and weightlifting to maintain his physique. Bruce had to get peak the old fashioned way.

Captain America- Speaking of old fashioned.1941 had frail, asthmatic,skinny as hell 25 year old Steve Rogers. Steve enlist in a Super Solider Project to help in the war effort. He was injected with the serum and exposed to UV rays. The result: Rogers gained about 106 pounds and grew about nine inches. He also gained what walks the thin line between regular and enhanced. Steve has the physical attributes that are just below what is considered superhuman. He leaps over twelve foot fences, rips car doors off its hinges, and can outrun a horse. In the movies they use cgi to showcase most of his abilities. Steve has the peak of ANY human, no regular human is stronger or faster than him. He can bench press 1200lbs...give or take. He can see the farthest and human can, same goes for hearing and smell. He has peak durability meaning he can take a bullet better than any of us. Steve abilities work as superpowers, it doesn't leave him so he never has to do a push-up.

I made this so you can see that Bruce and Steve aren't as far apart physically.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Captain America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Batman

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Captain America is still stronger than Batman. Cap is essentially on a low dose of Venom. That being said, Batman would likely win a battle against him. Unless it was H2H only.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dcmarveljoseph

@thor_parker82: how? cap can only bench press about 200 more than bats and to these guys 200lbs is almost nothing

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcmarveljoseph: Yeah, but when it comes to strength feats against enemies and battle showings, Steve is clearly a superhuman and stronger than Batman.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: cap isnt superhuman, sorta speak. Batman dodged omega beams, cap takes on thanos. they both have good feats. Cap handled Batman-like people ( black panther) while bats goes head to head with roided up thugs and villans ( bane, deathstroke)

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman dodged omega beams

batman hasn't dodged OB in canon. the last time he encountered an OB, he had a crystal to reflect it back. the second to the last time he did , he got sent through time and was nearly turned into a bomb.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dcmarveljoseph

Yeah your right, beforehe got sent back in time him and darksied had a western shoot out and Batman drew and shot him first. Darkseid sometimes catches Superman's punches.

dancindan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats kills darkseid now thats that

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: cap isnt superhuman, sorta speak. Batman dodged omega beams, cap takes on thanos. they both have good feats. Cap handled Batman-like people ( black panther) while bats goes head to head with roided up thugs and villans ( bane, deathstroke)

By feats, Cap is superhuman, Ed Brubaker, the guy who wrote him for 8 years stated that Steve was a superhuman, and again, by feats, Cap is stronger and overall more powerful than Batman.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

marvel pure human =/= dc pure human

cap however isn't pure human but enhanced so theoretically sounds like he's far above bats which he isn't but he's still stronger than bats.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original Captain America was said to be at peak human physique. However like with most comics, this fact was Inconsistent. The Captain has displayed feats far beyond that of peak human conditioning. Batman is also Inconsistent. He as well has displayed feats far beyond that of Human.

I blame the writers.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: by feats batman is superhuman, the ultimate comics are the only time where the blantly state that cap is a 2 tonner superhuman. Anywhere else basically describes him how I do, it still fits if you think about it

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: by feats batman is superhuman, the ultimate comics are the only time where the blantly state that cap is a 2 tonner superhuman. Anywhere else basically describes him how I do, it still fits if you think about it

Not really.

Anyway, Cap´s stats are better than Batman´s.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: dude check comcvines battles with batman. he held up a roof,toe to toe with superman and survives, stole green lanterns ring, took hits that should kill a human multiple times, survived the omega beam. He survived jumping through time landing in an unfamilliar setting with new baddies and survived. Cap is awesome, but don't take batman for a pushover when it comes to feats

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: dude check comcvines battles with batman. he held up a roof,toe to toe with superman and survives, stole green lanterns ring, took hits that should kill a human multiple times, survived the omega beam. He survived jumping through time landing in an unfamilliar setting with new baddies and survived. Cap is awesome, but don't take batman for a pushover when it comes to feats

No Caption Provided

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kyrees

@dcmarveljoseph said:

check comcvines battles with batman. he held up a roof,toe to toe with superman and survives, stole green lanterns ring, took hits that should kill a human multiple times, survived the omega beam.

now this is becoming annoying. you are mixing animated to canon comic scenes. batman hasn't stole a green lantern ring in canon. batman would easily die in a battle against superman if he doesn't have his justice buster or anything kryptonite related item and if superman is more than willing to kill in canon. batman hasn't survived the full effect of an omega beam and batman has already been broken by numerous street levelers. heck, the justice league made hellbat armor for him just to hang around the likes of darksied in battle.

you are becoming ignorant, a troll or a clueless at this point with those mismashing of feats.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

by description cap is stronger. by feats they are roughly the same I think

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@dcmarveljoseph said:

Not really.

Anyway, Cap´s stats are better than Batman´s.

Yes really,stop lowballing,they are both super human by human standards and peak by comic standards.

@kyrees said:
@dcmarveljoseph said:

check comcvines battles with batman. he held up a roof,toe to toe with superman and survives, stole green lanterns ring, took hits that should kill a human multiple times, survived the omega beam.

now this is becoming annoying. you are mixing animated to canon comic scenes. batman hasn't stole a green lantern ring in canon. batman would easily die in a battle against superman if he doesn't have his justice buster or anything kryptonite related item and if superman is more than willing to kill in canon. batman hasn't survived the full effect of an omega beam and batman has already been broken by numerous street levelers. heck, the justice league made hellbat armor for him just to hang around the likes of darksied in battle.

you are becoming ignorant, a troll or a clueless at this point with those mismashing of feats.

The only ignorant troll I see is you,Batman has taken GL rings from their wielders in canon(Rayner,Jordan),he's fought Superman without a Super powered armor(Hush).

Regardless Cap's regular foes are also street level characters,so this discussion has no bearing.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With no Batsuit, Batman is suddenly a lot more fragile. Cap doesn't need that.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kyrees

@entropy_aegis said:

@kyrees said:

The only ignorant troll I see is you,Batman has taken GL rings from their wielders in canon(Rayner,Jordan),he's fought Superman without a Super powered armor(Hush).

Regardless Cap's regular foes are also street level characters,so this discussion has no bearing.

i can take the ignorant troll on batman taking the GL rings but batman in hush had a kryptonite ring. how about the other things i said as well ? so that magically nullifies everything that this user has been mixing up at this point ?

i'm not exactly in a mood today with this user mixing up a lot of feats though this is a fault in my part

nickyhansard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nickyhansard

I personally think that the biggest difference between them is endurance (at least theoretically).

I think of it like this, Rogers is at the peak of human physical ability in every category.

Batman is at the peak of HIS genetic potential in a few specific physical categories.

Captain America could enter a strongman competition and comfortably win, he could enter a marathon and comfortably win, he could enter a 100m sprint and comfortably win, he would get perfect scores on a sight/hearing/reaction time test.

Whereas Batman simply cannot be at the top of every category because genetically humans are limited that way. You will not see a strongman winning a marathon or marathon runner winning a sprint no matter how dedicated or genetically blessed they are.

A point system is probably a good way to categorise it e.g. genetically Batman has a limited amount of points that he can put into each category and some categories use more points than others. Sure he might be able to get near Rogers in one or two categories (strength and speed I'm assuming) but the remaining category (endurance) should be pretty low comparatively.

Whereas Rogers has full points in each category.

This is assuming real world biology though, Batman may very well be an Olympic calibre athlete in strength, speed and endurance, it's up to the writers but it would be dissapointing if they did because Batman would essentially become an enhanced human.

PS: I think Rogers is Super Human. Because although he might not necessarily have superhuman strength, speed or endurance, being at the top of each category IS superhuman aka no normal human can do that. I consider being able to run a marathon faster than anybody else and than immediately after lift more than anybody else super.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people that ignorant? Batman is superhuman.

Show me a human that can hit 1000 pounds on the bench for reps raw and I'll send you post a vid of me hitting myself.

Theres dudes on roids, who only train for this and can barely move their body, on a higher weight class and with equipment that cant bench 1000 pounds for a max and theyre considered world class lifters. People who say he isnt superhuman clearly dont lift and thats without going into all his other ridiculous skills.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@darthvxder: Ok he's super human but still cap is more super human then him

nickyhansard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder: that's super human in our reality but in the comics I believe they generally show a much higher average strength of your normal human. Correct me if I'm wrong?

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyroid: Ofcourse. Its widely recognized Cap is physically superior to BAtman even if not by a lot. Only batman fans disagree.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickyhansard: The only reason they say Batman is "peak" is because he is THE money cow. All these dumb people thinking they could be Batman and how he is relatable but in reality noone can get even close. In DC they go the "peak" human route a lot more for this reason while in Marvel they dont shy away from the superhumans and let humans be human.

Batman is just so ridiculous compared to the other humans in DC yet people think hes just human and it rustles my jimmies a little.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman was breaking motorbikes in half by kicking them. Both of them in reality would be superhuman.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

batman

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: in the first issue of justice league new 52 he did, you just proved my superman arguement for me, and the rest is ignorant cause batman wipes the floor with ninjas and thugs without breaking a sweat, and he shot darkseid...throw me a bone or get lost

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder: humans be human....I cannot name a street level hero who doesnt have superpowers. EX.: Daredevil has super senses and balance. Black panther takes a herb that makes him like cap.a.,iron fist can use his chi to augment his physical capabilities. Black widow has the super soilder serum. Marvel cant seem to NOT throw some powers to regular heroes

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentinel of Liberty is Cap's nickname to counterpart the Dark Knight btw.

LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak abilities: The difference between Batman and Captain America

The difference is , Captain America never had to get rebooted to get Martial Arts ,

Batman on the other hand had to get rebooted in the Late 90's as a DarkKnight Trial Experiment & thats how the Batman you know now has all that martial arts, the original Batman did not have Martial Arts just Brawling, REMEMBER THAT .

Captain America has an induced serum of SUPER SOLDIER , ontop of his Serum he has been Bombarded with Veta Rays , " Cosmic - like " his full potential hasnt been tapped because him being Frozen for over 50 years dormented that .

Batmans back was broken by Bane & got his rotting old corpse wooped by the predator , The Captain , fights super beings , & can skilfully throw his shield at levels that only the captain can throw because of his Serum Accuracy & Combat Tactics .. yes Captain America is a War Veteran unlike Batman who just catches the Joker & lets him go . ..durf ., Captain America has gone even against Tanks & Nuclear Missiles . So yes Captain American can split the Batmobile in half with Batman on the Driver side with his Unbreakable Shield .

So to me the Difference between Batman & Captain America is that , Cap is way ahead of his time compared to a Brawling Detective that has been dragged through the comic book industry like a dead goat .

...The End,

Till then Make Mine Marvel B4 Y2K.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: thanks, for some reason flag guy felt appropriate

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loganx360: Since we are talking about reboots, you realize cap didn't always have that vibranium shield, and the feats you are talking about is after he got rebooted by Stan lee in the 60s for the third avenger comic

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in the first issue of justice league new 52 he did, you just proved my superman arguement for me, and the rest is ignorant cause batman wipes the floor with ninjas and thugs without breaking a sweat, and he shot darkseid...throw me a bone or get lost

prove your superman argument ? without those devices and things to weaken superman and superman not even wanting a kill to him, batman won't matter to him. i find it funny that people say batman can fight supes when they casually ignore all the stuff used to "weaken" superman but if you afford the same stuff to superman (aka superman with prep or superman is allowed to use something weaken batman), everybody goes apesh*t saying that's not allowed.

the rest is ignorant ? then bane, deathstroke, shiva and joker are superhumans then ? defeating mooks doesn't prove he can handle the top guns without having enough prep. batman shot darkseid ? lol, look what happened after that.

how about you provide me a bigger bone and say batman can hang with a morals off superman without those things that would weaken superman and without his justice buster or hellbat armor.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By entropy_aegis

@kyrees said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@kyrees said:

i can take the ignorant troll on batman taking the GL rings but batman in hush had a kryptonite ring. how about the other things i said as well ? so that magically nullifies everything that this user has been mixing up at this point ?

i'm not exactly in a mood today with this user mixing up a lot of feats though this is a fault in my part

You say this as if the stone on the ring was incredibly big and powerful,Batman was still fighting with his fists and using tactics.

@loganx360: That's just so wrong....

Yeah.

@skyroid: Ofcourse. Its widely recognized Cap is physically superior to BAtman even if not by a lot. Only batman fans disagree.

The not by a lot part is important,Batman fans tend to agree,it's the other side that wants to insist that "it's a lot" and that's where the disagreement comes from.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kyrees

@entropy_aegis said:

You say this as if the stone on the ring was incredibly big and powerful,Batman was still fighting with his fists and using tactics.

was the kryptonite ring no use in that fight ? why did batman need that ring to fight superman then ? i'm not ignoring his fists and tactics but if you use the one thing that can weaken superman, then there's already a handicap on supes's part. if one is going to claim to fight someone accordingly, one doesn't put the other side on a handicap

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: dude I never said he beat superman, i said that he was able to go toe to toe somethingg few dc street levelers can say. Bane defeated a tired, weak, batman who was pushed this limits. You know why ? Causes bane knew it was suicide to jump head first at batman. Batman has held his own against deathstroke and stalemated/defeated shiva. Joker????batman kicks his ass every other Tuesday. I can't throw that bone cause you are taking away what makes batman batman, why the hell would he ever go against supes without his weapons? Batman gadgets make up for his lack of powers so if you are gonna take that away than why can't I take away supes powers?

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batmans a natty

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going toe to toe to superman because he had prep is acceptable but indicate the other one isn't.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees:what do you mean.every fight has a handicap on both sides. batman bringing kyptonite to a superman fight is to make up for the fact that superman is 100x stronger and faster than him. no battle is even.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RisingBean

So this blog presents a hypothesis but zero evidence.

Also much bias. Dark Knight and flag.....guy. Are you kidding me? You couldn't even be bothered to use Google to learn a title?

You get a failing grade.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:what do you mean.every fight has a handicap on both sides. batman bringing kyptonite to a superman fight is to make up for the fact that superman is 100x stronger and faster than him. no battle is even.

except for the fact that people use that same reason to say batman can fight supes on that level where in fact, if you afford the same thing on supes, batman would lose.

it's already a handicap on one side, tilting the sides on another doesn't make it less handicapped.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: your word choice is confusing sometimes. the krptonite ring,explosives, and other weapons batman can muster are hardly handicaps to superman. its just to level out the battlefield. in the hush storyline punching supes with the ring almost broke bats knuckels

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dcmarveljoseph

@risingbean: bias?????? hardly, that flag guy thing was just a joke. so what if i dont know his nickname? I said at the end that batman and cap arent that far apart physically... i listed their bench press, normal everday feats for them, and how they maintain it. Grade..i dont care for grade I just wanted read this and name some more feats, i didnt know this was gonna turn in a cap v bats. much bias and you name the least bias in there....thee is no bias, I make cap look awesome if I do say so myself, now if i compared them with martial arts skills than I see your bias

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickyhansard: I definitely understand what you are saying, I maintain that they are peak human because they were made to be but I totally get you. Your saying it can he argued that having maxed out human stats in every category would make him superhuman instead of the stats themselves. I don't think we can apply real world biology to the comics though

LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcmarveljoseph: Nope , Captain has always been Serum Soldier Enhanced & Veta-Ray do u know what Veta ray is ??? Research what Veta Ray is , As for the Shield that is an Accessory introduced very early , unlike batman who for Decades was just A light Detective with some Brawling , no karate or ninja skills , & no battle suit just cotton skintight & rubber gloves ... for decades ...then Frank Miller Happened, yes Frank from DAREDEVIL . to help DC comics out $$$ & rebooted Batman to the ones you fanboys cling on to like Ooompas on a Willy Wonka Factory .

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loganx360: your right about the veta ray part that one is on me. as for everything else....everyhero goes through changes. after the silver age superman went through a must needed power decrease, wonder woman didnt always fly, iron man suit now was much different than before. heroes change. batman didnt need martial arts in his 1942 stories, now with characters like shiva and deathstroke his upgrade doesnt really seem so bad

LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcmarveljoseph: you went off topic, its about Batman & Captain America , i dont care about how Dc Retconns Superman & their characters , or how IronMan Changes his ACCESSORY not his origin , thats his accessory . Characters do go through changes but not drastic changes like DC does that changes their origins .

Martial Arts you need 8 to 10 years to master 1 art style , the new frank miller batman knows more than 1 " supposedly " dont know how they fit that in Bruce Lames Life time , when he's managing business & going to therapy after losing his parents .

In Conclusion , Peak Abilities , Captain America would Han Solo Batman like he was a GuanoGreedo.

..till then

Make Mine Marvel Before Benidis y2k