Pacific Rim Sequel Ideas

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Pacific Rim just came out this week, and if you haven't seen it already, then GO!!

Way before the movie was released, however, it was announced that a sequel is already in the works.

For those who have seen the movie (and, what the heck, for those who haven't), what would you want to see in a sequel?

Del Toro already said that there may be more drifting with the Kaiju and there may be a Gypsy Danger 2.0, but nothing is set in stone.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd like to see more mechs. I'm sorry but I didn't like Striker or Danger. Typoon and Alpha were cooler, sucks they were killed off so early. I don't really see how a squeal will work out. It was a good movie but the ending kinda sealed up the possibility of a squeal.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By LaserLambert

maybe, and hear me out on this, this might be hard to comprehend, spoilers too:

THE ALIENS JUST OPEN UP ANOTHER PORTAL AND START KILLING US AGAIN

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

Pacific Rim just came out this week, and if you haven't seen it already, then GO!!

Way before the movie was released, however, it was announced that a sequel is already in the works.

For those who have seen the movie (and, what the heck, for those who haven't), what would you want to see in a sequel?

Del Toro already said that there may be more drifting with the Kaiju and there may be a Gypsy Danger 2.0, but nothing is set in stone.

I figured as much...they set the stage by drifting with the Kaiju in this movie. Only seems logical they will do that in the next one.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Superguy0009e

@jwalser3: Definitely. I think more mechs and more monsters would be a great way to go.Like you said, most of the mechs were killed off quickly. It would be cool to see a new set of mechs against a new threat.

@laserlambert: Lol. Agreed. I was thinking about that after the movie. I hope that it is just more than opening another portal, like there is a plan behind opening it again. Hopefully with a bigger threat this time.

@captnmcdeadpool: Agreed. The big question is whether or not doing it again will be interesting and make for a new story.