#1 Edited by Daredevilnut (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you come across any comics you think are overrated? My choices are 100 Bullets and Batman R.I.P

#3 Posted by The Stegman (25525 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I don't like the current "Thor: God of Thunder" comic...but that's just me.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (45131 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by The Stegman (25525 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (45131 posts) - - Show Bio

I got to say Scott Snyder's Batman. All the storylines have started out engrossing, and have finished with anti climatic endings that make you feel cheated out of your money.

#7 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine and the xmen

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (45131 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

Try it again man! The God Butcher arc is about to reach its climax and I think it could be great.

#9 Posted by dondave (38803 posts) - - Show Bio

Hickmans Avengers

#10 Posted by dondave (38803 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morisson's New 52 Action Comics,

#11 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: same. I was looking forward to reading it because I thought it would be great, but I don't really like it...

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop using the term "overrated."

#13 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say DKR. I see why a lot of people like it, but I dont see how its on the level of great comics like Watchmen or Kingdom Come. I think people mainly like it because its supposedly the first "dark" Batman comic, but i honestly dont think it has the same level of depth as those other comics i listed

#14 Posted by SOG7dc (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

really? I don't even really like thor and im enjoying it thoroughly

#15 Edited by SOG7dc (7866 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by The_Tree (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of Snyder's Batman work, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. (it was good, but I wasn't blown away by it like many seem to have been), Saga.

#18 Posted by RDClip (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say DKR. I see why a lot of people like it, but I dont see how its on the level of great comics like Watchmen or Kingdom Come. I think people mainly like it because its supposedly the first "dark" Batman comic, but i honestly dont think it has the same level of depth as those other comics i listed

I don't like it either. However, it is an important comic. If we are to believe what comic scholars (aka supernerds) say, DKR ushered in the dark, mature era of comics. However again, it did pave the way for Liefeld Xtreme era of comics...

#19 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine and the xmen

Or at least it was at first...

#20 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree with Wolverine And The Xmen. Uncanny Avengers let me down too.

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (45131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redlantern23:

Which issue did you stop reading Uncanny Avengers at?

#22 Posted by stambo42 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come. It works within a predictable set of conventions, but fails to justify the movement of action or to interestingly explore the characters or themes. Actually, a lot of the themes are sloppily contradicting one another... not in a purposeful way. Alex Ross is pretty but that's about the best I can say for it.

#23 Posted by The Stegman (25525 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree with Wolverine And The Xmen. Uncanny Avengers let me down too.

ugh, Uncanny Avengers is the pits.

#24 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything Batman related especially Dark Knight Returns

#25 Posted by Wolverine08 (45131 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still wondering why Scott Snyder's Batman gets so much praise. Every time I've willed myself to read any of it, all I have received are anti climatic ending's and a horror comic. Batman is dark, but Snyder please stop turning it into a horror comic.

#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Really.

You're just......gonna ignore all the political commentary... all the social commentary...the biggest Batman VS Superman fight...

#27 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11941 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh* Just to make sure, are you people listing overated comics or just stuff you don't like.

#28 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Wolverine08 (45131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redlantern23:

You should try it out again if you are willing. The return of the Apocalypse twins and the return of the Horsemen of Death is becoming more and more engrossing.

#30 Posted by XImpossibruX (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and the X-Men.... my god there doesn't go an issue where i wish they would kill off Kid Omega.

#31 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

Really.

You're just......gonna ignore all the political commentary... all the social commentary...the biggest Batman VS Superman fight...

I knew someone was going to attack me for not worshipping DKR. Whatever people just dont know how to respect other peoples opinions anymore. Im not really into all of Frank Millers overly conservative political commentary and need to make other characters look like tools in order to make another look cool.

#32 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I'll have to check it out again. Thanks for the heads up.

#33 Posted by RDClip (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

@eternal19 said:

Really.

I knew someone was going to attack me for not worshipping DKR. Whatever people just dont know how to respect other peoples opinions anymore. Im not really into all of Frank Millers overly conservative political commentary and need to make other characters look like tools in order to make another look cool.

Yeah I could barely stand Miller's complete lack of respect and ignorance of Superman.

#34 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19: You said you don't understand why it's on the level of great comics, I was listing why.

I was not "attacking you for not worshiping it." Please.

#35 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: The way you worded it felt like you were attacking me. I'll just let you know im not a Miller hater. I really like his work on Batman:Year One, because it feels more like a batman book to me and not millers commentary on the cold war, news, and boyscout characters

#36 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do threads like these get made? It only creates a place for people to bash comics i'm sure other people might love.

#37 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyders batman, it's not terrible but it's hardly as good as people say it is, the art is awesome though. Some stories are however terrible, Death IN the family was shit.

Hickmans avengers. I think it's overrated because people/characters are used as Prop in stories, some don't mind this which is fine, but i do mind it greatly

Wolverine and The x-men- This series has gone down the toilet , seriously, if you want Jason aaron at his peak go read thor.

#38 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and anything associated with the bat family. Don't get me wrong, batman rules. But seriously, I see people all the time that are like "I'm a comic book fan, I read Batman, detective comics, the dark knight, nightwing, batgirl, Batwoman, red hood, Batman and robin, and batwing."

Nothing wrong with it, but there are so many more characters to enjoy as well.

#39 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything from Bendis Expect Ultimate Spider-man

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (45131 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull His Daredevil run was phenomenal, but yea, most of Bendis's stuff is mediocre/bad.

#41 Posted by Billy Batson (58271 posts) - - Show Bio

100 Bullets

ಠ_ಠ

BB

#42 Posted by Saren (26026 posts) - - Show Bio

Scalped.

#43 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think that Batman R.I.P is slightly overrated. I honestly could never get into that story.

#44 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Outside_85 (9977 posts) - - Show Bio

Generally: Stuff by Geoff Johns.

#46 Posted by Billy Batson (58271 posts) - - Show Bio

Scalped.

It has its problems but how is it overrated?
BB

#47 Edited by Billy Batson (58271 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

Really.

Mmmm that fascism.

BB

#48 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

@eternal19 said:

Really.

Mmmm that fascism.

BB

Gritty, gritty fascism.

#49 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder's Batman by a mile.

#50 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you not like the Uncanny Avengers when Daken, Banshee, Grim Reaper....and the fricken Sentry just came back as horsemen of apocalypse? Next issue is going to be so sick!