Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By buttersdaman000
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @buttersdaman000 said:
"first age beat a dark god.......i dont think superman can do that much "
if it was not for superman havin magical protection he could beat sups but he does so "
alright
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By JThree47693
@krisboyz781 said:
" @JThree47693 said:
" Yea, Ben 10 definetly takes the cake. "
ben 10 ain't overrated you guys just underrate him. superman is overrated and hal jordan and superboy "

Ben 10 is extremely overrated. People think he could beat Superboy and Doomsday. We arent underestimating him, you're overestimating him.
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Bart Simpson
@High Revolutionary said:
" Yeah it's real.  And Gerald is correct (as can be read in the scans).  Rulk's pis record is better than Thano's.  And Thano's is BEYOND rediculous. "

Speaking of Thanos, Thanos is overrated. To quote myself from another thread:

I rarely agree with Hal Jordan, but in this case I completely agree with his statement.

Thanos is indeed the most overrated character in comic battles. I'm not just referring about this site, but comic battles in general. Every site I've been to is always pimping him out to be some unbeatable being in fiction. Sometimes their hyping him to ridiculous levels.

Some threads I see he's apparently a celestial level opponent who can beat down skyfathers and entire squads of top tiers. And this is just an unprep Thanos. 

If Thanos is prepped then you better watch out. Because with just one day prep he can curbstomp teams of prepsters like Brainiac 5, Dr. Doom (someone who almost obtained the IG in Infinity War, while Thanos was too busy falling for Magus's trap and being put into a fight against Earth's heroes), and Adam Warlock (the character who devised the plan that lead to both Thanos and Magus's fall when they were in possession of the IG) even if those guys have years of prep on their side. 

Now if Thanos has more than one day of prep than uh oh, in just a week's time he'll be in possession of all the items it took his entire lifetime (and alternate versions of himself) to obtain. If there's even more time and it's a crossover fight, then his opponents are in deep dog doo. Because in a just a few weeks Thanos will be in possession of the totality of every power boost in those franchises and will be a match for Stan Lee himself.

It's that kind of stuff I'm sick of seeing. I give credit where credit is due and Thanos has achieved many impressive things with his planning in his lifetime (although it was an alternate Thanos that got a hold of the Heart of the Universe), but that kind of stuff above is just ridiculous.

Thanos' actual fights have single top tiers holding their own against the guy and at least 3 off the top of my head down right besting him (Eric Masterson, Gamora and Thor even though he needed armor). Not to mention Eric and Gamora's fights against Thanos were written by Jim Starlin, so even Thanos' own creator thinks Eric and Gam are more than a match for Thanos.

Every fight the mad titan has with a opponent above top tier there's always a special stipulation going on that gives Thanos the advantage. For example:

Thanos vs Odin- In order to make Thanos look good they had to have the fight taking place on rainbow road near Asgard where Odin has to watch his power and instead of Odin letting loose against Thanos, we get an Odin where his most powerful attack in the fight merely sent Thanos flying a few miles in some buildings.

Thanos vs Kosmo- Thanos against a cosmic cube being. Thanos should be in deep crap now, but what happens instead? Kosmo wants to be all touchy feely so she gives herself a mortal form that not only makes her sustainable to injuries, but greatly lowers her powers as evident how she couldn't even blow up the facility they were fighting in.

Thanos vs Tyrant- Thanos fights Tyrant while he's depowered and had a team softening up Tyrant beforehand as well as using a power orb to help him fight.

Futhermore 2 out of 3 of those fights Thanos still got a beat down.

Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Bart Simpson
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @buttersdaman000 said:
"first age beat a dark god.......i dont think superman can do that much "
if it was not for superman havin magical protection he could beat sups but he does so "
You sure he still has the Phantom Stranger's protection? Captain Marvel's lightning bolt and other magical elements still seem to hurt him from what I saw.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By FLCL1
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@krisboyz781 said:
" @JThree47693 said:
" Yea, Ben 10 definetly takes the cake. "
ben 10 ain't overrated you guys just underrate him. superman is overrated and hal jordan and superboy "
why all the hate for sups? there would not be comics today if not for him "

not to be rude but so wat lol he still highly overrated alone with superboy prime and all other supermans people think that superman can destoy powerful universe i dont think they get the meaning of "universe"
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Ownerz
@Aronmorales said:
" Superboy-Prime...I've probably said this before. "
Darkseid, never the same after COIE

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By capall
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@buttersdaman000 said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @buttersdaman000 said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @krisboyz781 said:
"supes is not overrated. people think supes can beat spawn,thor,silver surfer, and galctus. how is that not overrated "
and thats sups fault how? thats people not the person himself, plus there are versions of superman that could beat them superman>spawn superman>thor sun dipped sups>SS CA superman or superman prime one mill> galactus "
i dont think superman can beat spawn "
i am a HUGE spawn fan boy but even i know spawn would lose more times then not to the man of steel, what with his protection from magic "
when did superman get protection from magic? and spawn is no slouch, he has powers that will allow him to blink superman out of existence th only thing i dont know is how strong and fast spawn is "
the phantom stranger gave it to him also first age loses second age wins third age might win maybe  fourth age is the only one that can blink him out of existance..............dude trust me i know my spawn "

amen
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@High Revolutionary said:
" @Son Of Storm said:

" @geraldthesloth said:

" @Son Of Storm: It's an alternate universe Surfer. "
Yea,I was wondering Y SS didn't just blast him to hell. I mean the dude has eye beams. "
It's gets worse, Rulk goes on to one-shot the GrandMaster, he one-Shots Uatu (the Watcher), the horror goes on and on....  Loeb should be crucified.  On the bright side, Galactus does find out about what Rulk did and creams him with a one-shot.   "
I actually expected a decent fight between Rulk and Galan, considering what already happened...But I agree 110% with you on this...
Avatar image for moonknight_lantern
MOONKNIGHT-LANTERN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really dont see superman having an chance against spawn unless its classic spawn 

and i think deadpool is overrated
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By MKF30

Phoenix 
SS 
Hulk 
DBZ guys(at times) 
Deadpool  
Thor
Sentry 
Beyonder 
Spawn(some versions) 

As far as Supes vs. Spawn ^ depends on which versions really, SA Supes, CA Supes, Prime etc the more powerful versions can take on Spawn without worrying that much. But if it's like GA Supes then perhaps different story.
GhostPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By GhostPool
@Delinquent said:
"Almost every comic person put in the movies from marvel and dc is overrated. A friend of mine once said Spiderman could beat Galactus, and Thor. I laugh. A friend of mine said Superman was immortal. I laughed.A friend of mine said Spawn was a god. I smiled. Then he said he was from Marvel, I laughed again.Only a selected few aren't overrated. Usually they have no powers. "

Sups and Spidey are the most overrated and how in the blue hell can Spidey beat Galactus or Thor tell your friend to start readin comics not watch movies

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By kagetaicho

Gladiator pwns Superman. As long as he's confident he can win it doesn't matter how strong his opponent is. Also he has moved planets before (to anyone who says he hasn't)

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MKF30

I disagree ^ Supe tends to also hold back a lot at times.
Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bart_simpson:

It's funny you mention Starlin. Because personally I feel like he's the one overamping Thanos. When written by Starlin, Thanos is basically omniscient, crazy prepared and can only lose when he wants too. He's too much of a fanboy of Thanos to write him well. Hell, he's so in love with Thanos that he created Mongul JUST to dump some of the ideas he had for Thanos into DC.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By RBT

Ben 10 is overrated?! He's one of the most underrated character on the website.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/strongest-hero-ben-10-can-beat-no-alien-x-1489776/

Just go here. A lot of people think strongest person he can beat is Daredevil. And maybe Spidernan. If that's not hating him, I don't know what is.

To answer the OP, I'd say, Storm. Huge fan of her, but this is true.

Avatar image for the_battle_callout_phonebook
The_Battle_Callout_Phonebook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: A lot of ben 10 fanboys actually think he can take the likes of superman and thor.
He can't.

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is dis in battles

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems like a thinly veiled hater thread, not sure why it's even allowed.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matmousey: I'm one of those "fanboys". And that's your opinion and debatable. But saying Ben can't beat anyone above Daredevil or Spiderman, that's hating. And he receives a lot of hate like this. I remember someone saying that Batman with 2 days prep can defeat a master control on, bloodlusted, ultimate alien Ben. I am a HUGE Batman fan, but let me assure you, it was not a result of Batman "wanking."

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This seems like a thinly veiled hater thread, not sure why it's even allowed.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By dondave
kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

supes hands down

Avatar image for the_battle_callout_phonebook
The_Battle_Callout_Phonebook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Ben can definitely beat most characters above daredevil and Spiderman,he can not IMO take on the likes of Superman and Thor,sorry for the harshness,I was in a bad mood.
:D

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On comicvine it's flash and ww, there not overrated characters, just on here.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By 106me

Superman

Batman

Deathstroke

Wolverine can be overrated sometimes

Raiden from Metal Gear Revengance is mega overrated

Luffy

Master Chief is wayyy too overrated

Yeah, I could probably name more, but, those guys are the most overrated.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

king hyperion... like seriously

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Number 3 goes to Dr Manhattan, Hancock, and Luffy with their no limit fallacy BS.

Number 2 would be Batman. People actually believe Batman can go toe to toe with the Man of Steel without any gadgets or outside help. I laugh at people who honestly believe this.

Batman auto wins any battle until proven otherwise. Kinda like the 'innocent until proven guilty' system.

Number 1 would be the Flashes and the speedforce users. Nuff said.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Number 3 goes to Dr Manhattan, Hancock, and Luffy with their no limit fallacy BS.

Number 2 would be Batman. People actually believe Batman can go toe to toe with the Man of Steel without any gadgets or outside help. I laugh at people who honestly believe this.

Batman auto wins any battle until proven otherwise. Kinda like the 'innocent until proven guilty' system.

Number 1 would be the Flashes and the speedforce users. Nuff said.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By XiiX

@bart_simpson said:

@High Revolutionary

said:

" Yeah it's real. And Gerald is correct (as can be read in the scans). Rulk's pis record is better than Thano's. And Thano's is BEYOND rediculous. "

Speaking of Thanos, Thanos is overrated. To quote myself from another thread:

I rarely agree with Hal Jordan, but in this case I completely agree with his statement.

Thanos is indeed the most overrated character in comic battles. I'm not just referring about this site, but comic battles in general. Every site I've been to is always pimping him out to be some unbeatable being in fiction. Sometimes their hyping him to ridiculous levels.

Some threads I see he's apparently a celestial level opponent who can beat down skyfathers and entire squads of top tiers. And this is just an unprep Thanos.

If Thanos is prepped then you better watch out. Because with just one day prep he can curbstomp teams of prepsters like Brainiac 5, Dr. Doom (someone who almost obtained the IG in Infinity War, while Thanos was too busy falling for Magus's trap and being put into a fight against Earth's heroes), and Adam Warlock (the character who devised the plan that lead to both Thanos and Magus's fall when they were in possession of the IG) even if those guys have years of prep on their side.

Now if Thanos has more than one day of prep than uh oh, in just a week's time he'll be in possession of all the items it took his entire lifetime (and alternate versions of himself) to obtain. If there's even more time and it's a crossover fight, then his opponents are in deep dog doo. Because in a just a few weeks Thanos will be in possession of the totality of every power boost in those franchises and will be a match for Stan Lee himself.

It's that kind of stuff I'm sick of seeing. I give credit where credit is due and Thanos has achieved many impressive things with his planning in his lifetime (although it was an alternate Thanos that got a hold of the Heart of the Universe), but that kind of stuff above is just ridiculous.

Thanos' actual fights have single top tiers holding their own against the guy and at least 3 off the top of my head down right besting him (Eric Masterson, Gamora and Thor even though he needed armor). Not to mention Eric and Gamora's fights against Thanos were written by Jim Starlin, so even Thanos' own creator thinks Eric and Gam are more than a match for Thanos.

Every fight the mad titan has with a opponent above top tier there's always a special stipulation going on that gives Thanos the advantage. For example:

Thanos vs Odin- In order to make Thanos look good they had to have the fight taking place on rainbow road near Asgard where Odin has to watch his power and instead of Odin letting loose against Thanos, we get an Odin where his most powerful attack in the fight merely sent Thanos flying a few miles in some buildings.

Thanos vs Kosmo- Thanos against a cosmic cube being. Thanos should be in deep crap now, but what happens instead? Kosmo wants to be all touchy feely so she gives herself a mortal form that not only makes her sustainable to injuries, but greatly lowers her powers as evident how she couldn't even blow up the facility they were fighting in.

Thanos vs Tyrant- Thanos fights Tyrant while he's depowered and had a team softening up Tyrant beforehand as well as using a power orb to help him fight.

Futhermore 2 out of 3 of those fights Thanos still got a beat down.

Gotta agree with the overall sentiment of this. Which is a shame. Thanos is probably one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Schmalzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know whos always overrated in DC,, the Joker, Batman fights with demi gods, Ultrahuman Hulks and People who have the power to vaporise entire planets and yet the one enduring character who Batman cant see to stop is the Joker ok ok I know hes the iconic Batman enemy but why doesnt Bruce simply put him out of his misery a mecy killing in other words. Or an alternative is since Bruce has access to weaponary not of this earth and super advanced, why does he simply not improve the prisons that escape is near impossible Perhaps someone could give me more suggestions to how the Joker and indeed most of Batmans iconic enemys can bes stopped

I actually look at it the other way, it's Batman, and I say this nicely, but in a realistic (as possible) world, no amount of "analytical" skills is going to help in a random fight with anyone who has speed and strength of any characters who aren't just above peak human in the durability/speed/strength range. Anyone who is above those ranges would slaughter a normal human who is peak human. I mention Super Man beating him (and of course my friend goes with "Batman has a contingency plan") I don't care if what there is, in a random fight Flash/Super Man, anyone who can speed blitz him knocks him silly, also because he has just peak human durability, he isn't taking a single punch from Super Man, nor a blitz from flash. I say this in the sense that Batman is my second favorite character to Spidey, but same goes for him, random encounters Spidey should get owned by a lot of people.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the most over rated Characters are Flash, Spiderman, and Wolverine.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece characters are getting there especially with all that Haki BS

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos, Flash, Mortal Kombat characters

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#135  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I'll bite I guess, and by saying these guys are overrated I in no way mean that some of these aren't characters I like. I happen to like quite a few of them.

• Deathstroke
  • Batman (with prep, and I mean when he's got like one hour prep and people still argue he could pistol whip God with an hour prep)
  • Wolverine (to an extent with some debaters)
  • Deadpool (see Wolverine)
  • Hulk (again, not everyone but Hulk can be beaten)
  • Thor
  • Flash's (Speedforce ruined them for me)
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people here are just naming characters they don't like. Pathetic really.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People FLASH ISN'T OVERATED, when people say he can___________ 8/10 he probably really has already

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Nobody is overrated, everybody is as powerful as they appear, and the only reason you'd say otherwise is because you don't like the character.

Naming characters like Batman, DBZ characters, Flash, etc. seems ignorant, because a good majority of this site would likely agree with you.

And to top it all off, SILVER SURFER DOCTOR DOOM KRATOS JUGGERNAUT DEATHSTROKE THE DOCTOR NARUTO

*cough* I mean....Yeah...stop hating you guys....

Jmarshmallow

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SSJLozza

5 Superman- I maintain that he's no match for Goku.

4 The Doctor- People comparing him to the Celestials and even the LT is just...

3 Hulk- I've heard people say he can beat Goku, Superman and even Galactus before, seriously!

2 Batman- there are tons of ridiculous memes about him, and half this site seems convinced he's virtually omnipotent with half a nanosecond of prep.

1 Chuck Norris- the amount of fanboyism concerning Chuck is just obscene. I know he's not fictional but I just had to include him because the number of "facts" about him still posted today (even though they weren't funny 5 years ago!) is utterly pathetic.

Of course over/underrated is a matter of opinion, but I think anyone would be hard pressed to make a case against these, especially the last 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I hate to say it... Gamera.

Some people act as if he's on par with Godzilla and other high tier Kaiju but he's nowhere near their level of power. If Gamera took on the military he'd loose. Don't get me wrong, I actually like his Hesei trilogy better than most Godzilla movies and consider him one of the most original characters in fiction. He's cool, but he doesn't belong in most battles.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#141  Edited By KingOfAsh
  • Franklin Richards (far from the strongest reality warpers; I've heard claims that he's stronger than the Abstracts, and even the Living Tribunal)
  • Dragon Ball Z characters (do people still really think Goku is the strongest?)
  • Batman (even with prep, he has still been defeated many times)
  • Hulk (no the strongest there is)
  • Archie Sonic (*shudders*)
  • Squirrel Girl (enough said)
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people here are just naming characters they don't like. Pathetic really.

I happen to like Hulk, Batman, Wolverine, and Deathstroke =(

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Wolverine008

@granitesoldier: Oh no, I wasn't taking shots at you. I just noticed that most people here seem to be butthurtidly naming characters they don't like.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@granitesoldier: Oh no, I wasn't taking shots at you. I just noticed that most people here seem to be butthurtidly naming characters they don't like.

Haha I know, I just felt like being a pain. But people will tend to think characters they don't like are overrated when it seems they can win fights, that's why (like you said before) it's basically a hater thread haha.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Haki is not flawless and both Sanji and Zoro AREN'T hypersonic... Doom with prep doesn't mean he's omnipotent... Flash can lose... Doomsday is not stronger than Superman... I consider Wonder Woman 1 tier below Superman.

With all this said Superman Prime, Hulk, Doomsday, Thor and Akatsuki are overrated.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.....or i find practically any of the top guys with prep. That includes Reed Richards, Thanos & Dr. Doom. It seems that an hour or less prep for these guys is enough to stomp any & everybody!

Also Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk, Few Superman versions, Thor, Deathstroke & Doomsday.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#147  Edited By Extremis

Deadpool. Hands down. Simple. Easy.

Krazy_Carmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ferro_vida: LMFAOOOOO although my friendnwould agree with you, Howard the Duck is one of those movies that are good cause its so bad

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brian Bendis: I hate his writing with a passion. He fooled and keeps fooling fans that he's a great writer. My god! The talking heads, the decompression, the sophomoric, pause by pause dialogue and his lack of imagination! He can't even write a new book without dragging some popular character to help him sell the book (example: He starts writing Guardians of The Galaxy and takes Iron Man to space... lame) This guy is the reason I stayed away from the Avengers universe for so damn long! Now he's crapping on the poor Xmen.

Civil War, and that other mutant event where he took a dump on poor Scarlet Witch... Geezussss!!

Yeah I know he's not a comic book character but I wish he was lol.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers