#1 Posted by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Me and my friend had were wondering what if a experiment went on where they tried breeding the right people together to make an ultimate warrior. Like magicians, energy users, speedsters, super strength. So if this girl was mixed with all of that, knowing a wide array of magic, plus being able to shoot energy blast that is on par with a grenade explosion, and have superspeed being a sound breaker, and lifting 20 tons, with special h2h combat training from kung fu to basic boxing and knowing how to use a spear properly at expert level. how much of threat would she be?

#2 Posted by BlackWind (6100 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a master of none.

#3 Posted by dondave (36503 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178:She still wouldn't be able to survive the major players in comics

#4 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many powers, but none of them are very powerful.

It'd be like the Superman of street levelers, which could be kinda cool.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (30314 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like she'd be city level at most.

#6 Posted by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: What is that?@dondave: Like who?

@jobiwankenobi: @JediXMan: Well what about her magical abilities?

#7 Posted by dondave (36503 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178:For example on the current justice league she'd only be able to beat Cyborg and Batman

#8 Posted by BlackWind (6100 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178: Think of it this way:

Character A can lift 50 tons and endure hits from missile launchers casually. Character B can run at mach 12 and bust through 10 feet of steel with energy blasts.

The Master of none can only lift 10 tons and take hits from small caliber weapons, run at 600 mph, and break through a brick wall with energy blasts.

#9 Posted by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: But still what about her magical abilities, and think Batman could beat her.@BlackWind: and thanks

#10 Posted by dondave (36503 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178: she doesn't have exceptional reaction time so Flash, Wonder Woman,Green Lantern and Superman will all be able to beat her

#11 Posted by JediXMan (30314 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178 said:

@BlackWind: What is that?

"Jack of all trades, master of none."

@benben178 said:

@jobiwankenobi: @JediXMan: Well what about her magical abilities?

They're too vague.

#12 Posted by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: @JediXMan: Well okay she has mastered several forms of magic around the world. From Egyptian dessert magic, American voodoo New Orleans style, Native American shaman magic, Japaneses' Kotodama, and african magic.

#13 Posted by dondave (36503 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178: then she'd maybe win

#14 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178 said:

@dondave: @JediXMan: Well okay she has mastered several forms of magic around the world. From Egyptian dessert magic, American voodoo New Orleans style, Native American shaman magic, Japaneses' Kotodama, and african magic.

That's still kinda vague. What are some specific things that she can do with the magic? i.e. shoot fireballs, instafreeze, open portals, teleport, summon spirits, transform people, etc.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (30314 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178 said:

Still too vague. Feats, need feats.

#16 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20151 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi said:

Too many powers, but none of them are very powerful.

It'd be like the Superman of street levelers, which could be kinda cool.

I agree.

#17 Edited by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi: @JediXMan: Well the egyptian magic: gives the abiliity to transform items into living creatures, and manipulate some elements. Voodoo New Orleans style: she is able to summon spirits, and if she possess somebody's Dna in anyway it gives the ability to manipulate there body, and she can predict the future sometimes, but very rare. Native American Shaman Magic: gives her an empathy link with nature in America, and allows her to talk, and summon more advanced spirits but only in America. Japenese Katodama: Gives her the ability to use magic with only words, but she is limited to this for the fact that if she tries using to much like over 5 spells it will take a toll on her body. African Magic: This magic allows her to manipulate certain things in nature as in trees, rocks, water, wind, fire, and wind. and in some cases can redirect other magical abilities and powers like if doctor fate used one of his spells on her she could redirect.

#18 Posted by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi: @JediXMan: Any replies?

#19 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think the problem with new characters is they are all energy projecting telepathic enhanced strength blah blah blah. Decades ago it was easy to create "Spider Man" becuase there weren't that many powers that were already taken. In 2012, every single arachnid has a corresponding Super hero/villian so we have to be more creative. This drives alot of creators to the random mish mash of powers. Think of it like pro wrestling. A character with a clear gimmick (Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold) goes farther than a guy who's name is Bob Davis with no discernable gimmick. Focus on one type of power. The magic thing sounds like it has potential. That way if you want her to be fast, she can use a magic spell or artifact. She can summon strength magically perhaps. S*** like that.

#20 Posted by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdBlank: Thanks man that makes everything more simple now.

#21 Edited by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Still too vague. Feats, need feats.

I agree.

I would add that all those people saying that she could beat this guy and couldn't beat that guy have to all wrong. For example, did any of you take into account that Superman is vulnerable to magic? It isn't that simple as she can beat this character but can't beat that character. In the end the simple truth is that it all about how the character is written. For example, technically everyone should be able to beat Batman, yet he comes across as one of the most powerful characters in the DCU because he knows how to do ALOT with the resources he has and he knows how to use those resources efficiently. So basically where this character is ranked depends entirely on how efficiently they use their powers. If this character isn't able to beat Superman and friends it's not because they can't be beaten, but because DC and Marvel want their A-Listers to be the best of the best and won't allow them to be undermined by other characters. It's a marketing/editing strategy. Their level of proficiency has nothing to do with strength or speed, etc. In the end it's all about how you chose to write the story.

The real question is whether or not you can create a character with all those powers and write them in a way that is interesting and compelling and in a way that makes sense.

#22 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@benben178:For example on the current justice league she'd only be able to beat Cyborg and Batman

Ah, you're forgetting that Batman cannot be beaten. By anybody. The guy could survive a direct Nuclear blast. ;)

#23 Posted by satyrgod (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

Multiple powers makes it hard to keep track. If she were to concentrate on developing the traits that come most naturally to her she would seem more focused, and less 'over-powered'. Not that diversity can't work; mutant sorceress or mistress of science and sorcery schtick for example, but a sorcerrous Hulk or invulnerable Strange would seem a bit overkill.

#24 Posted by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@satyrgod: Hmm well I didn't think the strength and speed were overkill.

#25 Posted by satyrgod (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178: One of my favorite Marvel characters is Selene (not at first but she grew on me). Ever examine her power set? Sorceress on par with the Sorcerer Supreme, enhanced strength, durability, speed, and reaction time, immortality, healing... fighting? She's 17,000 years old, like she never learned to defend herself in that sort of time frame? Yet she's not considered as powerful as Phoenix, Magneto, Storm, and others. At the apex of her power she was taken out by Proudstar and a magic knife. I wouldn't necesarily define this example as overkill.

My original point, however, is that a character doesn't need all of these powers to be either effective of well-rounded. Batman, Capt. America, Wolverine, Black Panther, Tigra; the list goes on. Other personal favorites include Catwoman, Electra and Wildcat. Ultimate fighters? Cap and Wolverine for skill and longevity. It seems to me that youth and advanced healing are as important for this type of character as agility and reflexes.

#26 Posted by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@satyrgod: I see where you going, I'll just keep her as socerer, and have her magic do the enhancments.