• 67 results
Avatar image for theycallmeyoggi
theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After looking at a lot battle forums and and discussions about Marvel vs DC characters. There seems to be a pretty strong bias towards towards DC characters. For example when you look at Black Bolt, you're talking about a guy that is considered top 5 strongest hero's in the galaxy in Marvel and some of these forums say he would get stomped by some DC characters that have been deafeated easily by lesser beings in their comics. (Not a Black Bolt fan boy but that just surprised me). I will admit, I lean more toward Marvel on which universe I like better but I can say when a good fight is a good fight and some of these battles are so one sided towards DC. You're take on things?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You got it.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

After looking at a lot battle forums and and discussions about Marvel vs DC characters. There seems to be a pretty strong bias towards towards DC characters. For example when you look at Black Bolt, you're talking about a guy that is considered top 5 strongest hero's in the galaxy in Marvel and some of these forums say he would get stomped by some DC characters that have been deafeated easily by lesser beings in their comics. (Not a Black Bolt fan boy but that just surprised me). I will admit, I lean more toward Marvel on which universe I like better but I can say when a good fight is a good fight and some of these battles are so one sided towards DC. You're take on things?

well, both marvel and dc are crazily inconsistent. But the reason some characters win in Battle section while losing in comics is because we look at the potential uses of their powers. For instance. I had a debate about Iron Man vs Superman and we agreed that it could actually go either way. If Iron Man just went out he would get stomped. But if he used his genetic disruptor gas there is a good chance Superman would just fly into it even though he is perfectly able to blow it away.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

examples what be nice...........who is black bolt apparently losing to and the reason behind it?

and honestly this goes both ways

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like everything there's over and underestimating on both sides. Also you should provide actual examples.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like marvel gets more love on this site..

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hilarious post above me *Claps*

The worst thing about DC fanboys is they never admited his bias, and when others made thread like this they say anyone is overrated except DC, they are underrated and they are the guys who overrate DC

Btw i'm biased if anyone wants to say anything to me, i know and don't affect me more

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Incursion

Dc characters do tend to be overestimated by their fanboys

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

DC characters tend to be better than...the gimmick company.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, people are actually saying the Flash is faster than Sonic.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course DC fan boys over rate them it's nothing new

Tectonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surely you can point out some actual examples then?

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, at the defensive again

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For examples look at the Black Bolt vs. Green lantern forums, Captain America vs Batman, WB Hulk (literally the most powerful incarnation of Hulk there is) vs Doomsday, Gladiator vs Shazam, Ms.Marvel vs Wonder Woman, etc ...

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I still maintain their are more people whining about DC bias than people that are actually biased towards DC. I've been here too long and have seen plethoras of every type of fanboy.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For examples look at the Black Bolt vs. Green lantern forums, Captain America vs Batman, WB Hulk (literally the most powerful incarnation of Hulk there is) vs Doomsday, Gladiator vs Shazam, Ms.Marvel vs Wonder Woman, etc ...

Superboy Prime Vs Sentry ?

theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: I havent seen that forum yet but from the knowledge I know any Super-man or Woman in their "prime" form is supossed to be like God x10 or something so that fight I think sentry might actually lose but a regular superboy vs sentry I think sentry wins in a good fight

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: I havent seen that forum yet but from the knowledge I know any Super-man or Woman in their "prime" form is supossed to be like God x10 or something so that fight I think sentry might actually lose but a regular superboy vs sentry I think sentry wins in a good fight

It's Superman Prime who's enhanced by the Oa Energies... and overrated.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC just tend to have more powerful characters, and as another poster said, we look at the potential uses of those powers as opposed to how they are portrayed in the comics.

It's why people say Superman will Speedblitz more often than he actually does in the comics and that's enough for a win.

I think people are just overreacting though.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it used to be like that but now Marvel seems to get all the love. Dr.Strange, Silver Surfer, Dr Doom, Black Panther & Thanos I'm literally not exaggerating when I say I've never seen them lose on battle forums. But Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman etc I've seen them lose plenty of times.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For examples look at the Black Bolt vs. Green lantern forums,

green lanterns can create constructs at FTL speed, them killing blackbolt before he starts screaming is plausible, maybe not every time, but plausible

Captain America vs Batman,

that's a toss up but im leaning towards batman, its not bias, its just that looking at everything he's done, him winning it can happen regardless of SSS

WB Hulk (literally the most powerful incarnation of Hulk there is) vs Doomsday

doomsday has become immune to whats killed him before, which is a bucket load of things, so him being able to stand against WBH is again, plausible,

Gladiator vs Shazam,

shazam is like a faster superman with magic, im not saying he'd win but it could happen, then again I haven't read a lot of gladiator

Ms.Marvel vs Wonder Woman, etc ...

easy, planet pulling strength>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>70 to 100 tons, even energy projection wont help here

also I think the problem is not that the company is overrated *cough MCU *cough, but that the majority of DC characters have the speed, strength, skill and intelligence factor, they hold at least one thing their enemy doesn't, in cases against blackbolt, the flash is faster then the man can think, and he can hit hard that screaming would seem impossible. that's the creation of the word speedblitz,

thor has a plethora of abilities in that hammer, some that could kill supes, some that could render him useless. my point is that he doesn't have the display of activating any of these attacks at the speed necessary, whereas superman has been able to operate at these speeds when necessary, so using that he would be the first to strike, but the worst part is, he doesn't have to strike once, and superman hits coming at you every (insert funny word here)second is gonna knock the asgard outta you.

call me a DC fanboy all you like but the fact is, we don't complain as much as the marvelites, I have been on this site reading a lot of forums and its made me feel sad considering not only this site, but youtube and half the world hate DC, If you want to call us innocent or whatever, fine, but the fact of the matter is, its comic books, and when one company wins, the other dies, I love marvel but I don't like the bashing of DC.

besides, its not like marvel hasn't got some overrated characters.......

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spiderman vs beyonder

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah because saying Thanos beat Superman or something like that is loving Marvel

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MaZeRaIII

Redatom1234 Gladiator >>> Shazam.

Plantet buster>>>MoonBuster(Shazam is equal to Superman so by logic he can bust a moon)

WB Hulk vs Doomsday-Hulk you are maybe biased but hulk in WB mode busted a planet Planet Buster>>>defeating moonbuster(Superman) and Doomsday died physically a few times he didn't become immune,they are things that he cannot become immune only highly resistant.

Captain America vs Batman-tie

Ms.Marvel vs WW-WW

Black Bolt vs. Green lantern-dunno this one i don't know neither of them.But if i rememmber correctly BB could harm Thanos with his scream,so he maybe can put down 1 gl but 2 or 3 nope.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both sides have fanboys.

theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: I'm not saying marvel doesn't have it's fair share of overrated characters. Far from it. People like you who give valid arguments aren't who I'm talking about I'm talking about the ones who just says "oh that's a stomp" with out even knowing or researching the other. character

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

The general opinion is DC supposedly has more powerful characters with a lot of their characters based off superman and his powerset, then the DC fanboys multiply that by 10 and run with it.

And then there's the Batwank too.

theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: BTW thank you for providing a somewhat mutual ground on those battle topics. Like I said a lot of people on here say stomp just to say stomp

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ancient_god

@johnfrank120 said:

Both sides have fanboys.

DC have a lot more and worse, you'd know

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: BTW thank you for providing a somewhat mutual ground on those battle topics. Like I said a lot of people on here say stomp just to say stomp

no problem, and I understand what you mean, it does work both ways.

Redatom1234 Gladiator >>> Shazam.

cant argue with that, I haven't read a lot with shazam, im basing him off of stats

Plantet buster>>>MoonBuster(Shazam is equal to Superman so by logic he can bust a moon)

WB Hulk vs Doomsday-Hulk you are maybe biased but hulk in WB mode busted a planet Planet Buster>>>defeating moonbuster(Superman) and Doomsday died physically a few times he didn't become immune,they are things that he cannot become immune only highly resistant.

ok, stop there, when did he bust a planet? I know he had the power to but was it ever shown, from what ive been told, he nearly sunk the eastern seaboard with a footstep, that doesn't equate to planet busting. also thanks for calling me biased, I know I can be, but Ive never had someone point it out. also yes, doomsday died physically, but I only remember once, all the other times are blasts from guardians or darkseid etc, then he couldn't be killed the same way again, if you want, you can show me an instance where doomsday has been physically killed after the death of superman arc, if its valid then I concede.

Captain America vs Batman-tie

it Is a tie, more often than not, but id give the slight edge to bats

Ms.Marvel vs WW-WW

Black Bolt vs. Green lantern-dunno this one i don't know neither of them.But if i rememmber correctly BB could harm Thanos with his scream,so he maybe can put down 1 gl but 2 or 3 nope.

I heard with a whisper he could level cities, I think that he should win but the problem is that green lanterns can create constructs that could kill him before he could think, I could be wrong, if I am, correct me, if its any help, I also had a scan a while back(I don't think I have it anymore) where kyle Rayner contained a supernova, im not saying its worse than black bolts scream, but I think the green lanterns might be fast strong and versatile enough to pull a win

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By johnfrank120
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@theycallmeyoggi said:

After looking at a lot battle forums and and discussions about Marvel vs DC characters. There seems to be a pretty strong bias towards towards DC characters. For example when you look at Black Bolt, you're talking about a guy that is considered top 5 strongest hero's in the galaxy in Marvel

Since when? I love Black Bolt but he's lower high tier and his consistency problems don't help nor the fact the fact that there is a lot of hyperbole and misinformation floating around about his scream's power.

He can't, Thanos tanked three screams (point blank) from him and the best Black Bolt did was blow his clothes off and bloody his nose a little bit, Thanos was completely unphased.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally Black Bolt's disadvantage is speed, so whoever has the speed advantage can take him down easily before he can utter anything...as for GL if it is one on one may be yes Bolt may win then again if it is Hal or Kyle I doubt it..

Cap Vs Bats is 98% of the time will tie...as a Batfanboy I will take sides with Bats..

WB Hulk VS Doomsday...I don't know much about WBH so I am gonna say Doomsday...

Gladiator vs Shazam depends on what level of Confidence Gladiator is and most of the time he is not 100% confidence level so that's his weekness and Shazam virtually have no weekness like that. so if you can screw with Glad's mind you can defeat him.while to defeat Shazam you have to be more powerful than him.

Ms.Marvel Vs WonderWoman...no brainer Ms. Marvel can never beat Diana,,, not on her best day....

....both company has OP character and fans will never agree to that....I

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: But there are trolls on both sides. I've seen people claim that about DC too, it isn't like there are far more DC than Marvel fanboys.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MAZAHS117

Look. The answer is always Batman. It just is....I don't know what else to tell ya *shrugs*

Water is wet, the sky is blue....the answer is Batman.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RealityWarper

@realitywarper: But there are trolls on both sides. I've seen people claim that about DC too, it isn't like there are far more DC than Marvel fanboys.

Yeah.

That's right.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: So that means there would not be an overwhelming bias to DC which the OP is seemingly saying.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: So that means there would not be an overwhelming bias to DC which the OP is seemingly saying.

Well, the DC trolls are less... Discreet.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By termiteone4ever

First you admit that you lean towards marvel which is fine :). Now every character has low end feat :) now look at the high end feats with out amps :) then you can judge or based your arguments.

Black Bolt vs. Green lantern this is a decent match up . Still green lanterns have too much advantage. One of the biggest is speed and the ability to revert various sorts energy . If its a low class green lantern black bolt could pull off a few wins.

Captain America vs Batman this is a good match up that could go either way. Now batman is too smart to lose the way he fights with that belt and hidden weapons . Just too much for cap to win. Even fighting in boxers only Cap should have the advantage due to stamina and the serum even then batman would still give him hard time with massive injuries. That still a fifty fifty chance.

WB Hulk vs Doomsday. There are many version of Doomsday. Hp doomsday stomps almost any version of Hulk. The problem with doomsday is his speed. IF you have read about the character doomsday and his comic appearance every body complains about his speed some people even think he is moving at flash speeds in the comics. He is kryptonian after all. His spikes and adapting his massive strength speed and ridiculous durability. WBH has done nothing really to say can defeat Doomsday . WBH biggest feat is combine effort with Red she hulk. WBh has no strength or striking feats he does have energy projection feats. which cannot stop doomsday.

Gladiator vs Shazam

I hope you have all of Gladiator feats and have all of Shazams feats as well. I hope you have read all of gladiator appearances and know what he did and know his power level not just the random posting of scans with out the stories.

Ms.Marvel vs Wonder Woman now i am not sure how you are comparing Ms Marvel to wonder woman. Have you read in dept on wonder woman and seen her feats from speeds on ground / flying /fighting/ weapons/ powers/ She can easily defeat Ms marvel . Have you herd of God wave ? Zeus lighting ? the lasso ? Have you seen wonder woman use the lasso to cut / kill disable / Mush more even disable heroes and villains. Make sure you know the full extent from both sides.

This site is not heavily DC fans . I think its been Marvel for years . You will notice this when there is a Vote. Also there is this fact every body is bias in some form :)

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*insert Ben Affleck Mallrats gif on "fictional characters"*

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mysticmedivh

@judasnixon: Why you gotta do this to us battle forum nerds? )':

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no supermans speed is highly underrated by Marvel fans

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I've noticed DC fanboys overestimate the hell out of would be speed. I've seen claims that Mongul will speedblitz Hulk and Thor simply because he's tagged Superman before.........

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of the issue isn't over-estimation but that DC writes its world much stronger than Marvel does. We as comic fans want to consider them equal for comparison sake but they really aren't. The character strengths are designed to fit within their own universes, not comics in general, which unfortunately hurts Marvel in battles.