Out of "The Big 3" which 2015 film will make the most money?

• 55 results
Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Out of "The Big 3" which 2015 film will make the most money? (107 votes)

The Avengers: Age of Ultron 55%
Superman vs Batman 31%
Star Wars 14%

So 2015 really is going to be a big year... Sure we got Fantastic Four, Terminator and the Hunger Games thrown in there, but the most talked about are The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Superman/Batman film and Star Wars.

So out of these 3 films, which will dominate the Box Office?

• 
Dm225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't even think this is a discussion. If we're talking from a pure money standpoint Avengers will easily take the cake.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avengers 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Only once has a Star Wars movie been outgrossed.

Then again, it was a Marvel movie that did it.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Avengers will have the advantage... Or at least Marvel.

Being the sequel to the third-highest grossing film says something. Also, the movie is coming out in May (the best movie month being Summer of course) which is way before Superman vs Batman and Star Wars, so the movie has the upper-hand.

Superman vs Batman also has a chance. The Dark Knight Rises is the ninth highest grossing film and it wasn't even released in 3D - imagine how much he could take in for being on the screen for 10 minutes in 3D.

Star Wars is the one I'm having difficulty figuring out... Literally everyone talks about the film, but Superheroes are going to be on a winning streak straight through 2015... :/

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS II will destroy anything else. Mark my words.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@

nger

@tyrus said:

I believe Avengers will have the advantage... Or at least Marvel.

Being the sequel to the third-highest grossing film says something. Also, the movie is coming out in May (the best movie month being Summer of course) which is way before Superman vs Batman and Star Wars, so the movie has the upper-hand.

Superman vs Batman also has a chance. The Dark Knight Rises is the ninth highest grossing film and it wasn't even released in 3D - imagine how much he could take in for being on the screen for 10 minutes in 3D.

Star Wars is the one I'm having difficulty figuring out... Literally everyone talks about the film, but Superheroes are going to be on a winning streak straight through 2015... :/

Avenger 2 definitely! I'm not familiar with the Star Wars fan base these days. When I was a kid, it was heavy. I believe this is the superhero age. Marvel is ahead of the game.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@tyrus: Ironically, I know MORE people who would see a movie multiple times if they weren't in 3D.

Obviously 3D rams up the box office totals, but I can honestly say I don't know a single person IRL who prefers 3D over 2D.

Especially in IMAX. I've never had a better movie-theater experience than I did seeing TDK and TDKR in IMAX. Beautiful screen, epic sound...and I didn't have to wear stupid glasses or pay extra money for fail post-production "3D"

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kids will decide wich movie is going to make the most money and it's Avengers II

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Man of Steel 2 or Star Wars.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superman vs Batman. Just the title will give it a lot of money

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars. The superhero bubble will most likely burst by then.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tyrus

I honestly don't know if the more Marvel films, the more hype will be created for Age of Ultron or the more Marvel films, less hype for Age of Ultron.

Same goes for MoS 2, no films to back it's release can mean more or less hype.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Depending on how they handle the plot, Star Wars could easily nab it from The Avengers. But with the inclusion of literally two of the three most recognizable heroes on the planet, Man of Steel 2 could easily take the cake as well considering Man of Steel alone did rather incredible for an origin film.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably SW but any of them could do it

TDSOTMFLTA94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs. Superman. I don't think its even a competition.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

MOS II will destroy anything else. Mark my words.

Superman vs Batman. Just the title will give it a lot of money

I concur with all yall

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to burst your bubble pal but, it kinda is :P

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Star Wars doesn't have a chance-both of the other franchises have films that grossed more than it and it isn't as popular with mainstream audience compared to superheroes.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blackdog2009

@tyrus: no it isn't... I'll look you up when the Olympian Gods of Superheroes (Superman and Batman)are on the big screen for the first time ever.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tyrus

@blackdog2009 said:

@tyrus: no it isn't... I'll look you up when the Olympian Gods of Superheroes (Superman and Batman)are on the big screen for the first time ever.

You're right, no competition. Superman and Batman aren't even in it.

Boom.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

I don't think too many people will buy into more Zack Snyder trash so I think Avengers will probably take the cake. Star Wars has potential to outdo everything but the franchise has come a long way and been sullied by a previous trilogy so it's hard to believe that the first movie bringing the series back into the limelight will be the biggest success of the summer.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Star Wars hasn't been super popular mainstream-wise in a while. With Man of Steel and Avengers, they're more up to par with modern popularity. That being said, Avengers 2 should be the one that racks up the most cash.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is how i see it: Avengers should take this but in a rare case batmanvsuperman gets better reviews than avengers i can see them taking the number 1 spot. but its snyder so doubt it

batman and superman are like the most popular fictional characters in the world so even with the classic syner reviews i see it being close

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123 said:

this is how i see it: Avengers should take this but in a rare case batmanvsuperman gets better reviews than avengers i can see them taking the number 1 spot. but its snyder so doubt it

batman and superman are like the most popular fictional characters in the world so even with the classic syner reviews i see it being close

The thing I noticed with Man of Steel reviews is that critics actually reviewed the movie.

Most of the reviews I read for The Avengers were just about whether the movie lived up to it's hype/expectations... It was unfair, but I understand it.

For Avengers Age of Ultron, the film will be reviewed as the usual summer-superhero movie. Superman vs Batman reviews are all going to rely on Ben Affleck's performance and if it is superior to Nolan's Batman. Basically Superman vs Batman is going to be reviewed like the first Avengers movie.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars will get the most hype, that's for sure.

_Maven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supernategames: Same will go for Avengers. Disney is going to milk the sh*t out of both properties way before they release.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age of Ultron.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers definitely. Batman vs Superman might have a chance, but Avengers is already an established franchise

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers until proven otherwise

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_stegman  Moderator

I think the Star Wars prequels (which weren't that bad really) left a bad taste in the mouths of many, so it might not make that much. It's between MOS 2 and Avengers 2....and while I think Superman and Batman meeting will be legendary. It has been proven time and time again that the mindless masses will shell money out to see these Marvel movies even if they are bad (I'm looking at you Iron Man 3). So Avengers gets my vote unfortunately.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I'm probably just looking too critically at things, but you make it sound as if the mindless masses only flock to see Marvel films that can be considered bad even when DC films that could be personanly considered dissapointing or bad (The Dark Knight Rises) made lots of money. I do agree with you that Avengers will make the most money in 2015 due to it being an established franchise.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: I'm probably just looking too critically at things, but you make it sound as if the mindless masses only flock to see Marvel films that can be considered bad even when DC films that could be personanly considered dissapointing or bad (The Dark Knight Rises) made lots of money. I do agree with you that Avengers will make the most money in 2015 due to it being an established franchise.

Not saying that they only see Marvel films, though even with its flaws, TDKR is Citizen Kane compared to IM3, I'm just saying the mixture of Avengers Hype + Whedon= People dishing out money to see the films.

krompo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By krompo

the Avengers 2 storms this without doubt for me.

Also, why do people hate iron man 3? I mean, I always understood the hate for TDKR even if I didn't agree with it but just don't get it. Also, I feel like it is important to distinguish between what the internet likes and what was liked in the real world when stating consumers will watch anything. TDKR and star trek 2 may have been just about rejected by internet communities but critically they were both very well received.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Avengers.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By 14NC3

I think that in order it would go like this

1. Star Wars
  2. Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
  3. Batman VS Superman

All will make tremendous amounts of money.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ccraft

I bet $623,357,910 that Ultron at least makes one joke in the film.

Since Superman vs Batman will have a darker tone, so I'll probably like it way more. and since the big 2 superheroes are in the same film together it will probably make more, even the title will get people interested. Kids will want to see it regardless that it has a darker tone than Avengers, because it's Batman and Superman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

Since Superman vs Batman will have a darker tone, so I'll probably like it way more. and since the big 2 superheroes are in the same film together it will probably make more, even the title will get people interested. Kids will want to see it regardless that it has a darker tone than Avengers, because it's Batman and Superman.

Since when do little kids love dark stuff?

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@wolverine08: I think the big two for kids are Hulk and Spiderman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wolverine008

@hyiena:

I'd say Spider-Man and Batman are the big two which kids rally around.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers definitely. Batman vs Superman might have a chance, but Avengers is already an established franchise

This. Batman vs. Superman can beat Avengers too but they have to put them against Luthor and Joker, and if Bale was in this as Batman then BvS could've definitely come out on top, Star Wars will be in 3rd place though.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

Star Wars

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TommyJones1945

Its a tie btw Bat/Super and Ultron. Star Wars is a non-entity, heck even I don't think Im gonna watch it; though 2yrs is more than enough time to sway me :)

CIN.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator

Star Wars. It's going to be Star Wars.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers 2.

MOS made like half the money the Avengers made plus its not Bale that's returning as Batman so that will put some people off.

When did the last Star Wars movie even come out?? I'm not 100% sure it will do Avengers numbers in 2015 unless its an origin story

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

I said kids will want to see it ''regardless" that it will have a darker tone, because it has Batman and Superman in it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:
@wolverine08 said:

@ccraft said:

I said kids will want to see it ''regardless" that it will have a darker tone, because it has Batman and Superman in it.

Ah, okay. I disagree though. I think Avengers will make more money simply from the fact that it's already an established franchise, and still will be riding the wave of the first Avengers movie's success.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: idk I kinda feel Avengers 2 won't make as much money as the first one did, but I won't be surprised if it does make big money again.

Man of Steel made $291,045,518

The dark knight made $534,858,444

Avengers made $623,357,910

If Batman vs Superman is as good as MoS I wouldn't be surprised if it makes 500 million or more. Batman will boost up sales regardless if people hate Affleck being cast. 8 years from now comic fans might regard Ben Affleck as the best Batman.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

For me I'm out of from any new Star Wars film after what happened with the last three that came out. Batman and superman still to early to call since there isn't much that we know of same goes for Avengers. But imma go with my instincts and say avengers will do better but bats and sups will not be that far away.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Avengers 2

It's a toss up between Star Wars and Batman vs Superman for second.