Original Villains in Comic Book Movies?

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By McHotcakes

So this is just something random I was thinking about. Would you guys be okay if there was a comic book movie that featured a villain not featured in the comics? Or would you be upset that they chose to create a new character rather than go through all possible villains for a certain hero?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

No, that's not a good idea. It wouldn't work well - it hasn't worked well. Need I remind you of Nuclear Man?

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

No, that's not a good idea. It wouldn't work well - it hasn't worked well. Need I remind you of Nuclear Man?

Let's be honest there was a lot of reasons why Superman 4 didn't work lol

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

whats wrong with that.

it worked SOOOOO incredibly well for Harley Quinn showing up in Batman TAS why would it be so bad for a movie?

I also liked Rocket girl (is that her name?) and the one offs were at least good for a stupid laugh (condiment king and Mega mom, or was it mighty mom)

I refuse to acknowledge the Superman Movies as the standard from which to judge future movies, Nuclear Man was just one more in a long line of bad ideas used in that series.

So. I am in complete favor of introducing brand new material to a CBM as long as Donner is not allowed ANYWHERE NEAR the filming.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I refuse to acknowledge the Superman Movies as the standard from which to judge future movies, Nuclear Man was just one more in a long line of bad ideas used in that series.

So. I am in complete favor of introducing brand new material to a CBM as long as Donner is not allowed ANYWHERE NEAR the filming.

Most of the bad ideas were from after Donner was fired.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Bierschneeman

@kick_assgeist said:

@bierschneeman said:

did not know that, quick IMDB search. yeah, Id agree. "MOST" but there are still some

(on a side note who decided the evil villains dastardly plot involved....Real Estate? ) *audible groan*

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really depends. I'd rather them use an already well established character that we know can be made well into the movie-verse but If they put a lot of work and thought into an entirely new character that works well within the movie then I'd be fine with it.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Pokeysteve

When you have decades of history and an entire gallery of workable villians to choose from, it's a pretty selfish prick move to wanna make your own. I'm cool with that for a show but just not a movie.

I think the next Arkham game is doing that which has me nervous.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I wouldn't mind them creating a new villains for the movies. All I want is a good movie to watch. If they feel that they can make a better movie by creating a new character or substantially changing an existing one (Mandarin) then I am all for it.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

If it's done well, why not?

Remember that we got original villains from the DCAU that were incorporated into the comics, and even characters that were re-imagined in the DCAU got adapted into the comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Returns had an original villain (Max Shreck), and it's my favorite Batman movie.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like the Ethan Bennet Clayface from the Batman Series. i think it would be cool if they put him into the comics.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kick_assgeist said:

@bierschneeman said:

did not know that, quick IMDB search. yeah, Id agree. "MOST" but there are still some

(on a side note who decided the evil villains dastardly plot involved....Real Estate? ) *audible groan*

It wasn't just real estate, he wanted power, he wanted his own country. It's still better then Iron Man 2 and 3 villains. Both 2 geeks mad cause Tony is better then them.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

@bierschneeman: Condiment King was in the comic books (as I remember, he started as Batgirl's villain).

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Phantasm!