Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bossdarksied355

Should the punisher have been the one to take over for Nick Fury instead of Bucky?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

*Reads title*

Who's the Pinisher?

Real answer...I prefer that they went with Bucky.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think Fury's thinking punisher would kill too much, while bucky would kill just enough

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Bucky makes more sense

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@bossdarksied355: Bucky has been working with Fury almost since the day he broke mind control. I don't see why it wouldn't be him.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Noone301994

YES! The Pinisher is by far, my favorite.

No Caption Provided

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Bucky is the one that makes more sense.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bossdarksied355

Honestly I think it would have been much more interesting if it was Frank Castle that took over instead of Bucky, mostly because he's always had the right......"temperament" for the choices and actions that would be required of the person in this position unlike Bucky who until recently was more like Steve Rogers in his mentality. Also it would be nice to see good old Frank hit the mainstream a little bit more.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, I can't believe I didn't notice those mistakes until now. I guess that's what I get for posting a question at three in the morning.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't see Frank taking over for Fury.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cave_Duck

Bucky makes more sense because his background as a spy would help him to see the big picture, leading him to only take out necessary targets.

Punisher on the other hand is more of a "kill em all!" kind of a guy. With the amount of threats out there, he'd burn out pretty quickly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cave_duck: Yeah, Frank totally kills everyone without discrimination. Even kids and pregnant women.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you really think Castle would go for something like that? He's obsessed with fighting his war his way.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: Yeah, Frank totally kills everyone without discrimination. Even kids and pregnant women.

Glad to see you agree with me! :P

What I mean is he can be more of a blunt instrument than a scalpel where needed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: Not really. He can be covert when he deems it beneficial - sniping Norman Osbornefrom 4 miles away, poisoning a bar full of super villains ect ect. And even Captain America has complimented his strategic ability, letting plan several missions by himself during Civil War.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

If I were looking for someone to perform missions across the Marvel Universe, missions that would require doing things that would be considered illegal on our world and if caught could lead to an all out war on Earth, the Winter Soldier is the man I would pick. Plain and simple.

Bucky is a ghost, an enigma. He's one of the greatest assassins in the Marvel Universe, on top of that is also one its greatest marksmen. He can get in and out of places, gaining/stealing intel or performing an assassination without ever getting caught, leaving the victim's murder to appear as if it were an accident. He has little to no friends or family, making it very difficult to blackmail him. On top of that he's a patriot, meaning he'll do whatever he has to when it comes to protecting Earth, even giving his own life.

Basically, when it comes to the role of "The Man on the Wall," Bucky is the perfect choice.

@cave_duck: Not really. He can be covert when he deems it beneficial - sniping Norman Osbornefrom 4 miles away, poisoning a bar full of super villains ect ect. And even Captain America has complimented his strategic ability, letting plan several missions by himself during Civil War.

True, but I also remember Cap saying this during Civil War about Frank...

No Caption Provided

Personally I've got nothing against Punisher. I've never really cared for his character, but I don't hate him or anyone who enjoys his book. I do though feel he can be a lose cannon, which in my opinion makes him unfit for the role of The Man on the Wall, as there's too much on the line if that person were to fail, which I fear Frank might do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer:

No Caption Provided

Yes, because they have completely differing ideologies regarding crime-fighting. I don't know what that has to do with Frank's capabilities as a tactician, but hey, random scans. And Frank isn't actually insane, by definition. Not any more than someone like Batman, anyway. People just like to throw words around like "psychopath" and "insane" without really being qualified to judge someone's mental health, both in real life and in the comic world (as Cap just demonstrated). But because Frank kills people he's the lowest of the low and must be completely off his rocker in order to commit such a horrific act, apparently.

Personally I've got nothing against Punisher. I've never really cared for his character, but I don't hate him or anyone who enjoys his book. I do though feel he can be a lose cannon, which in my opinion makes him unfit for the role of The Man on the Wall, as there's too much on the line if that person were to fail, which I fear Frank might do.

And that's fine, I appreciate your ability to be impartial. But again, in my opinion, he isn't really a loose cannon just because he kills people. Frank takes extreme caution when killing criminals, and has on more than one occasion shown masterful tactical ability, stealth skill and the ability to combat superhuman threats with very limited resources.

I haven't read Original Sin, so I can't really comment on whether or not Frank would be fit for the job. But some of what people are saying in this thread about him is getting away from the truth.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer:

No Caption Provided

, because they have completely differing ideologies regarding crime-fighting. I don't know what that has to do with Frank's capabilities as a tactician, but hey, random scans. And Frank isn't actually insane, by definition. Not any more than someone like Batman, anyway. People just like to throw words around like "psychopath" and "insane" without really being qualified to judge someone's mental health, both in real life and in the comic world (as Cap just demonstrated). But because Frank kills people he's the lowest of the low and must be completely off his rocker in order to commit such a horrific act, apparently.

And that's fine, I appreciate your ability to be impartial. But again, in my opinion, he isn't really a loose cannon just because he kills people. Frank takes extreme caution when killing criminals, and has on more than one occasion shown masterful tactical ability, stealth skill and the ability to combat superhuman threats with very limited resources.

I haven't read Original Sin, so I can't really comment on whether or not Frank would be fit for the job. But some of what people are saying in this thread about him is getting away from the truth.

Frank is judged insane by others because of his lack of remorse over killing others. A distinct lack of empathy/regret over killing is a major factor in being judged a sociopath/psychopath.

Sure they're criminals, scumbags etc. but even soldiers in war feel some empathy over killing, its part of the human condition.

Anyway, we're way off topic here. The position of "man on the wall" is more suitable to Bucky I think because of his time as the Winter Soldier- a myth made real. A bogeyman that enemies weren't sure existed until it was too late. I think we have to agree that Frank does prefer to be a more visible deterrent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck:

1. The difference being, a psychopath or sociopath usually feel no remorse whatsoever when killing anyone, regardless of who they are - their own family, their partner, someone walking down the street. Frank on the other hand felt instant regret when he shot an innocent by accident once, and doesn't shoot to kill other heroes no matter what. There's a difference between being hardened and psychotic.

2. It depends. The Punisher is a symbol, so obviously he needs to make himself known - he is a vigilante after all. But if he so desired he could go completely off the radar. I'm not saying he's better than Bucky (although his stealth feats are comparable), but he doesn't need to go shooting everything up just because he does so from time to time. Honestly, with SHIELD's resources, Frank could stamp out a lot more threats sitting in a chair than he ever could by himself. But the problem with that is, Frank has always made sure he knows who he's killing. Authorising a mission that results in an innocent death would destroy Frank. So in that way he isn't suitable.