Opinions of Marvel Unlimited?

mjbiebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By mjbiebs

I was thinking about purchasing Marvel Unlimited. Right now I do not have an IPad, so I was wondering if people think it is worth purchasing if I can only read the issues on a computer? Lastly, is it possible to view the digital library before purchasing the subscription?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

You should get Comixology instead. It's purely digital but there's no subscription fee and the only thing you pay for are the actual comics.

mjbiebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjbiebs: You're welcome! Comixology is super easy and very convenient. If you need any help or have any questions just let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my ability!

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Is Marvel unlimited worh it if you want to read the alot of older comics? Comixiology I use for new issues but buying older issues on comixiology would cost you more than a subscription on Marvel Unlimited.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: Hm, I don't use Marvel Unlimited because I like the idea of me owning the comics, whether it be print or digital, but I suppose if that isn't an issue for you then MU is the perfect thing for you. It's likeee..10 or something dollars a month for unlimited reading, right? I would definitely recommend it then

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By goonage

@arturocalakayvee said:

@albusan: Hm, I don't use Marvel Unlimited because I like the idea of me owning the comics, whether it be print or digital, but I suppose if that isn't an issue for you then MU is the perfect thing for you. It's likeee..10 or something dollars a month for unlimited reading, right? I would definitely recommend it then

I though most Comixology comics have DRM? In that case you don't truly own them.

I still recommend Comixology, though. They have a huge selection of comics (Not only Marvel's) and have some pretty great sales.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I though most Comixology comics have DRM? In that case you don't truly own them.

I still recommend Comixology, though. They have a huge selection of comics (Not only Marvel's) and have some pretty great sales.

As long as I know Comixology isn't going to decide to take away the issues I've "bought", I consider that owning :p Cheap answer but oh well haha

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use Comixiology or the regular individual Marvel/DC digital stores instead of using Marvel Unlimited.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Unlimited is best for browsing old and out of print issues. The current comics are usually added to MU at around 6 months after initial release.

I'd suggest comixology because Marvel's current browser system is horrid excuse of a reader app which doesn't even work half the times.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I quite enjoy it, but I definitely prefer to read them on an iPad.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revamp: what about reading on a Mac?

@knightsofdarkness2: I really enjoy the ease of reading know comixiology, It's setup great. I was looking at Marvel unlimited last night because I'm thinking of getting it. It's slow clclunky.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Marvel unlimited is fun though browsing through issues is not very convenient.