#1 Edited by OreoAssassin (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

Title^ How do you feel about symbiotes in general? Like them? Hate them? Like specific ones? Specific hosts/symbiotes?

#2 Posted by Juiceboks (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite host has always been Eddie Brock, and symbiote Anti-Venom. Though Flash and the Venom symbiote are a VERY close second, Anti-Venom's design and powerset wins me over.

#3 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6093 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie was my favorite symbiote...hated Gargan as Venom.

#4 Posted by silent_bomber (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the original premise with the alien costume trying to bond with Pete, but then when they split it off, duplicated it, and started making a bunch of "Evil Spidey" themed enemies out of them it was just gimmicky, lazy, and very "extreme" 90s.

#5 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7402 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Agent Venom's look, the tactical Spider-Man look. The whole "living parasite trying to dominate you" aspect not so much, but I like that Pat Mulligan was able to teach Toxin to be "good" and not "bad" (although Marvel sort of threw that out didn't they?) which means they are intelligent and capable of changing, brings a whole nature vs nuture aspect to them. Venom himself (the symbiote) has gone from fighting Flash for control to living in sync with him by the end of his run.

I'm rambling at this point, but I think they're cool if you have the will to teach one.

#6 Posted by OreoAssassin (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: Trust me, i know your love for Symbiotes by now! And look at my recent thread, intell you why Agent Venoms on Guardians lf The Galaxy. You wont be dissapointed!

#7 Edited by Jimmie_Hudson_ (284 posts) - - Show Bio

i like them a lot but they have been overused because they are so popular.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Eddie/Venom because he was the first but man does Flash/Venom blow him out of the water

I hate how all of the symbiotes are just naturally evil

#9 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7402 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Eddie/Venom because he was the first but man does Flash/Venom blow him out of the water

It is so nice meeting someone else who feels the same way, I usually get flamed for saying that.

I don't like how they are naturally evil either, a blank slate would make more sense and be more interesting. But as I said above, at least they can be taught if you have the willpower.

#10 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

It is so nice meeting someone else who feels the same way, I usually get flamed for saying that.

I don't like how they are naturally evil either, a blank slate would make more sense and be more interesting. But as I said above, at least they can be taught if you have the willpower.

I don't know I would think that a lot of people agree that Flash is better

#11 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved them in the 80s and 90s, but Marvel really dropped the ball with them going into the 00s. Like the Flash Venom, what a stupid concept. As was the Gargan Venom.

I want Eddie Brock back, a more classic Carnage, and maybe Hybrid or Toxin and thats it.

#12 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7402 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

@danhimself said:

I don't know I would think that a lot of people agree that Flash is better

Well, I'm just going on my own experience haha. It's nice to know there are so many out there though. He's pretty much a boss.

#13 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

They're classic to me as someone who started reading in the 90s. Venom and Carnage are the big two for me and all the others are hangers-ons. Even Toxin is "eh" to me, although I think it's a useful workaround to keep Flash Thompson as Agent Venom, which is awesome.

#14 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I luv Flash Venom :D

#15 Posted by nintendork666 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash Venom is in my Marvel top 5 of all-time, and I'd go out on a limb and still rank Carnage as my favorite villain. I'm definitely a symbiote fan.

Err, I mean...

AWH-WAH-AH-AH-AH

Get up, c'mon get down with the symbiotes.

#16 Posted by Cgoodness (4199 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously I love them, id never want to see one in real life, but I think they are awesome

#17 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4763 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Carnage but I actually wish he was more powerful.

Often times I see him get hyped up and then stomped, it's rather upsetting as he's my favorite symbiote.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17773 posts) - - Show Bio

The symbiot is one of marvels best creations. An organic alien symbiot who gives you powers is cool just by concept. I can remember watching spider-man TAS and impatiently waiting for a venom episode to come up. Eddie Brock and Flash are very close to one another, but it all comes down to what kind of characters they are. Brock has always been an anti-Hero leaning towards villainy where as flash is a hero who leans towards being an anti-hero.

Brock was an arrogant man who thought himself to be some sort of messiah( you get what I mean) where as Flash just tries to make some sort of difference and help others in order to escape from becoming someone like his father. Flash has daddy issues while Brock is an arrogant, pathological liar. These traits are what make them so unique from one another, and both of them essentially are great. I prefer Flash slightly.

Brock Made a lot of character progression but then he was back to being a psychopathy. At leas he's still KINDA one of the good guys.

#19 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7402 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

@danhimself said:

Hi-five!

#20 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@danhimself said:

Hi-five!

*Bear hugs*

#21 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7402 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@danhimself said:

Hi-five!

*Bear hugs*

Too tight! Too tight!

#22 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@danhimself said:

Hi-five!

*Bear hugs*

Too tight! Too tight!

o.o

*Black tendrils wrap you with my arms*

*Tighter and Tighter*

#23 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7402 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@danhimself said:

Hi-five!

*Bear hugs*

Too tight! Too tight!

o.o

*Tighter and Tighter*

And now it's kinky...

#24 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@danhimself said:

Hi-five!

*Bear hugs*

Too tight! Too tight!

o.o

*Tighter and Tighter*

And now it's kinky...

*Crushes your body*

*Tendrils eat your brain*

#25 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@granitesoldier said:

@danhimself said:

Hi-five!

*Bear hugs*

Too tight! Too tight!

o.o

*Tighter and Tighter*

And now it's kinky...

*Crushes your body*

*Tendrils eat your brain*

take it to replies boys....I'm getting all of these notifications and I want to be able to sleep tonight without picturing you two going at it

#26 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio