Only way Captain America 3: Civil War can work...

• 53 results
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slimj87d

For marvel to make a civil war movie without the comic book civil cast is unacceptable in my most humble opinion.

The only way this story can work is if Nick Fury discovers something that requires and causes Captain America and Falcon to become enemies of the state.

The whole scene that plays out should be similar to how the Ultimate Avengers chased down Ultimate Captain America.

I think it's a terrible idea to have Ironman take a lot of screen time from Captain America centric characters. He should only have some a little more than a cameo, otherwise just name the movie Captain America vs Ironman.

Thoughts?

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree.

As it's a Movie-adaptation, it may change whatever it wants to make it work.

So just chill till more info comes out.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To me, they need to commit to Iron Man being the villain, they cant have him be half a villain like Loki in Thor 2

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I'm not sure at all how they're going to tackle the civil war concept... Especially since Avengers 3 is Infinity War...

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just don't think it can work. Maybe AOU can change my mind but I doubt they could pull of MCU tony a villain.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

I hope it has nothing to do with Cap VS Tony.

Beata

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: I agree that a movie can make things work, but how are characters like Winter Soldier and Falcon supposed to get proper character development if neither are starring but pushed aside to co-star and have less screen time than Ironman who they are saying is in a starring role meaning he'll be splitting almost equal screen time as Captain America?

My problem was having Ironman in as a starring role, I wish he would just make a short cameo.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By amazing_webhead

They should make it more like Ultimate Alliance 2: things eventually get better

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's actually pretty logical if you think about it. Cap 2 dealt with him coping with modern society sacrificing freedom for security and then Tony creates the ultimate control method gone wrong in Avengers 2.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@jasonhawke: I agree that a movie can make things work, but how are characters like Winter Soldier and Falcon supposed to get proper character development if neither are starring but pushed aside to co-star and have less screen time than Ironman who they are saying is in a starring role meaning he'll be splitting almost equal screen time as Captain America?

My problem was having Ironman in as a starring role, I wish he would just make a short cameo.

Define "proper character development" because even though Winter Soldier got little screen time CA2, I got alot of character from the small amount things shown and said.

If Ironman and Cap has starring roles then what's the problem? They are both well known to the masses and having Tony Stark there be a cameo just seems like a waste. Especially if it's the Civil War in which they both play huge parts of in the comics.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

Define "proper character development" because even though Winter Soldier got little screen time CA2, I got alot of character from the small amount things shown and said.

If Ironman and Cap has starring roles then what's the problem? They are both well known to the masses and having Tony Stark there be a cameo just seems like a waste. Especially if it's the Civil War in which they both play huge parts of in the comics.

Not to mention that Tony Stark didn't get proper character development in Iron Man 2 or 3, but that's my opinion. I'm still butthurt about a lack of alcoholic addiction, technophobia, and the ethics of making weapons in the Iron Man movie franchise. Hopefully, Civil War will tackle more of the "pragmatic" side of Tony and less on the "jokester playboy" side.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tysoncage: It's not what the people want though! Everyone loves the Playboy Billionaire Philanthropist!

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimj87d

@jasonhawke: the problem, as I said earlier, it's a Captain America movie. Captain America fans want to see character development of Captain America centric characters such as sharon Carter, WS, Falcon, Baron Zero, Red Skull, Cross Bones, etc.

These characters need to be promoted to attract new readers and create fans for these people. No one knew who Bane or WS was in my family and now they all know who they are.

I'm just saying that I was really excited for a Captain America movie, ca tws direction made sense, I pray that CA3 can work as well.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TysonCage

@jasonhawke: Yeah, and many people like Twilight and Edward Cullen. What's your point? :P

Jokes aside, I don't like how a serious and traumatized character from the comic book got turned into a comic relief wise-cracker. Honestly, I almost couldn't tell the difference between him and Spider-Man. No wonder Marvel still hasn't got his rights back from Sony.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me, they need to commit to Iron Man being the villain, they cant have him be half a villain like Loki in Thor 2

I disagree. I want this movie to feel extremely gray. I want both sides to be "right & wrong" showing no clear answer and for people to look at it like it's an impossible choice but a choice they shouldn't be forced into making.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@slimj87d: LEAKED FOOTAGE BRO!!!!! OMG IT WAS SO GOOD!!!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheSewer/news/?a=110129

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

I had a hard time understanding them because of the quality. All though seems cool.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Basically this confirms Scarlet Witch does have some sort of mind powers. She showed all of them flashbacks or visions of the future. Tony & Cap are arguing over the future of the Team. Tony wants to build weapons and Cap says everytime someone tries to end a War before one starts innocent people die. Also Cap rips open a log, which is an great strength feat.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TysonCage
@lukehero said:

@jashro44:

Cap says everytime someone tries to end a War before one starts innocent people die.

I'm more intrigued than ever how they are going to tie Steve's foreshadowing into the third Avengers movie. I remember a lot of depressing stuff from the Infinity Gauntlet comic book, and one rather hopeful scene where Steve stood up against Thanos. Can't wait to see how Steve's idealism will play out in the third film.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FearTheLiving

@lukehero said:

Sprinkling the seeds of Civil War. :P

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: It's worth it. To me it's more of a tease than a spoiler.

@tysoncage: Where there is a rumor RDJ had a meeting with Marvel and told them he wasn't interested in anymore Iron Man solo films and he said the future was team up films. This doesn't mean there won't be more solo movies, because we already know that's not true: Dr. Strange, Antman, and unconfirmed Black Panther. We may even get a Iron Man 4 where Iron Man teams up with some other characters and they get fairly equal screen time. I think as far as their main heroes go, Marvel is waving goodbye to sharing the screen alone.

I think this is a smart move, after you get a character off the ground, there is really no need for him to be alone. I'm really interested in Thor 3, which could be used to further tie in Thanos and actually turn into a good movie. Remember in Avengers 2, the Other promised some payback if Loki failed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@slimj87d: It's worth it. To me it's more of a tease than a spoiler.

@tysoncage: Where there is a rumor RDJ had a meeting with Marvel and told them he wasn't interested in anymore Iron Man solo films and he said the future was team up films. This doesn't mean there won't be more solo movies, because we already know that's not true: Dr. Strange, Antman, and unconfirmed Black Panther. We may even get a Iron Man 4 where Iron Man teams up with some other characters and they get fairly equal screen time. I think as far as their main heroes go, Marvel is waving goodbye to sharing the screen alone.

I think this is a smart move, after you get a character off the ground, there is really no need for him to be alone. I'm really interested in Thor 3, which could be used to further tie in Thanos and actually turn into a good movie. Remember in Avengers 2, the Other promised some payback if Loki failed.

Black Panther is confirmed for a movie. They have a costume design and an actor casted already along with a release date.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TysonCage
@lukehero said:

I think this is a smart move, after you get a character off the ground, there is really no need for him to be alone.

Remember in Avengers 2, the Other promised some payback if Loki failed.

Yeah, it's not bad as it does get the future characters together with the team much faster... though I kinda was hoping they continue with the origin stories, because certain characters do need those (not to mention that some origin stories are too good not to be told on the big screen), and thus, their own alone time in their solo movies because certain origins need to be solo to work, not have Iron Man intruding again for another movie.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tysoncage: Some characters do, but a lot of these characters don't. Just throw us into the middle of the story then give the characters monologues or flashbacks to tell their origins.

@jashro44: I just looked, LOL. Chadwick is the right choice. He's proved he can carry a movie on his own. I'm guessing Cap, Hawkeye and some of the other Avengers may show up.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tysoncage: You dont like it cause you not viewing Movie Iron Man as his own thing and constantly comparing it to Comic-Book Iron Man. There are going to be changes to appeal to the movie-going masses, get over it.

@slimj87d: That mainly applies to Comic-book fans. If you want more development on those kind of characters then just stick to comics or, like you already said, PRAY for more characters. (Personally I think having more characters is bad for a movie.)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jashro44

@lukehero said:

@jashro44: I just looked, LOL. Chadwick is the right choice. He's proved he can carry a movie on his own. I'm guessing Cap, Hawkeye and some of the other Avengers may show up.

Probably closer to the end I am guessing. Hoping killmonger is the villain.....All though I'm guessing Klaw will be the villain.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You dont like it cause you not viewing Movie Iron Man as his own thing and constantly comparing it to Comic-Book Iron Man. There are going to be changes to appeal to the movie-going masses, get over it.

Erm, how about no? :) You can have your opinion, and I'll have my disliking of RDJ's Tony Stark. Square?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

I disagree. I want this movie to feel extremely gray. I want both sides to be "right & wrong" showing no clear answer and for people to look at it like it's an impossible choice but a choice they shouldn't be forced into making.

I meant don't just throw Tony in there just for fan service like how Loki was kinda thrown into Thor 2 just to be there, I want Tony's presence to be meaningful.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tysoncage: You dont like it cause you not viewing Movie Iron Man as his own thing and constantly comparing it to Comic-Book Iron Man. There are going to be changes to appeal to the movie-going masses, get over it.

@slimj87d: That mainly applies to Comic-book fans. If you want more development on those kind of characters then just stick to comics or, like you already said, PRAY for more characters. (Personally I think having more characters is bad for a movie.)

As I said before, no one knew who Bane, Odin, etc was, now a lot of people know who he is thanks to TDK. Guardians of the Galaxy is proof that comic book movies have enough momentum to introduce new characters. I don't see what would have been wrong with developing Crossbones and possibly bringing back red skull or Baron Stroker from the end of TWS.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: Well Loki served a purpose and him being there helped set up the next movie, but I agree though I think it's a given that it will be, they paid RDJ for another movie (you know that cost a lot) you better damn well be sure he's going to be used to his full potential.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke said:

You dont like it cause you not viewing Movie Iron Man as his own thing and constantly comparing it to Comic-Book Iron Man. There are going to be changes to appeal to the movie-going masses, get over it.

Erm, how about no? :) You can have your opinion, and I'll have my disliking of RDJ's Tony Stark. Square?

Only if you take my "opinion" as fact and your dislike of RDJ's Tony Stark as a minority of general opinion.

Only then will we be "square".

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TysonCage

@jasonhawke said:
@tysoncage said:

@jasonhawke said:

Only if you take my "opinion" as fact and your dislike of RDJ's Tony Stark as a minority of general opinion.

Only then will we be "square".

Yeah, whatever, dude. Get over my disliking, huh? LOL

And no, your opinion is far from fact, because whether if the rewrite is good writing or not is subjective and debatable at best, so your opinion of the rewrite being better than the adaptation is thus, a mere opinion.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Im pretty sure people knew who Bane was before TDK. He was practically in every animated series.

Also I said ALOT of characters, one or three Cap Murica characters is fine.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mickey-mouse

@jashro44: I'm guessing Klaw is the villain, since Killmonger on screen would be a boring fight.

Plus Klaw may be Andy Serkis in Avengers 2.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jashro44

@lukehero said:

@jashro44: I'm guessing Klaw is the villain, since Killmonger on screen would be a boring fight.

Plus Klaw may be Andy Serkis in Avengers 2.

What makes you say killmonger would be a boring fight?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: It would just be H2H and weapons. I would rather see Panther figure out how to beat the very powerful Klaw on screen. Honestly with Klaw as the villain, he could and probably would have some decent C or B list villain as his henchmen. So we could end up getting some H2H action and a big boss fight.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just expand on the tension that's already there between Cap and Stark. These two butting heads or taking shots at each other seems to be inevitable at this point and is buliding to somekind of confrontation between the two. No one has to be labeled a "bad guy" or "villian", just two conflicting idealogies that ultimately clash even tho they both want the same thing in the end....I would like to think that most people would like to see these two throwdown at some point though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@jashro44: It would just be H2H and weapons. I would rather see Panther figure out how to beat the very powerful Klaw on screen. Honestly with Klaw as the villain, he could and probably would have some decent C or B list villain as his henchmen. So we could end up getting some H2H action and a big boss fight.

Thats fair I guess. I would also like black panther to show off his intellect. But maybe they can find another way to do that?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: BP helps Cap with some science stuff? IDK.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By slimj87d

@slimj87d: Im pretty sure people knew who Bane was before TDK. He was practically in every animated series.

Also I said ALOT of characters, one or three Cap Murica characters is fine.

First, i understand what you're trying to say. Having Tony Stark cameo would be a waste. I don't think you're trying hard enough to understand where I'm coming from. Having a big character like Ironman doesn't give room to introduce and promote new villains and characters or existing ones from Captain America centric characters.

Non-comic book readers didn't know who Ras Al Ghul, Bane, Gamora, Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot, Drax, Odin, etc were. Not one of my non-comic book reading friends, family or co-workers, but now they all know who they are. They've visited wiki pages and read up on the characters since then.

I believe that by having Tony Stark in a starring leading role and taking up a large portion of the screen time makes Captain America 3 not feel like a Captain America movie anymore.

As long as they keep th

e focus on Steve by have Ironman as little as possible it can work. Perhaps fight/chase scene where Ironman, Black Widow and Hawkeye chase him and Falcon down similar to Hawkeye, Black Widow and War Machine chasing Ultimate Captain America worked here.

If RDJ can play a minor role and not take too much away from a Captain America focused story, I'm fine with him being in there. If he's going to take half of the screen time, it's just not a Captain America movie to me anymore.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: oye, I thought there was a little bit more shock when Cap moved the hammer. They probably edited it to end quickly.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

My biggest fear is that Bucky's role is not be as big as previous believed. The Winter Soldier left off with the idea that Cap would follow up on his search for Bucky following Age of Ultron, but with Marvel's recent announcements I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. With Iron Man appearing to have a large role and the possibly inclusion of Black Panther now, I honestly can't see where or how Bucky would play into this movie.

@slimj87d said:

The only way this story can work is if Nick Fury discovers something that requires and causes Captain America and Falcon to become enemies of the state.

Not dissing your idea, but the only problem I have with this is that it's literally the same plot as The Winter Soldier...

Seriously, think about it: Nick Fury discovers something (HYDRA) that requires and causes Captain America and Falcon (Black Widow) to become enemies of the state (S.H.I.E.L.D.).

Sure it would be cool to have guys like Iron Man hunting Cap down, but seeing as Cap also went on the run in The Winter Soldier, I just see it feeling a bit repetitive.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I disagree.

As it's a Movie-adaptation, it may change whatever it wants to make it work.

So just chill till more info comes out.

This, a million times.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That really is the onlyway.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I have no idea how this is supposed to work, there aren't any heroes that wear masks (that we've heard of)

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

My biggest fear is that Bucky's role is not be as big as previous believed. The Winter Soldier left off with the idea that Cap would follow up on his search for Bucky following Age of Ultron, but with Marvel's recent announcements I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. With Iron Man appearing to have a large role and the possibly inclusion of Black Panther now, I honestly can't see where or how Bucky would play into this movie.

This.

Having Civil War and Iron Man already cutting down Steve's screentime, I wonder if they can effectively give Bucky an equally balanced amount of development as they would give Steve. Winter Soldier was impressive, I must admit; the way they gave each character a decent amount of character development isn't really something Marvel could easily do, as seen from past Marvel movies. So I'll be damned if they can pull that again in Civil War.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: that's true, but it being titled civil war makes it too late to take this in any direction which upsets me. What else can cause him to go against the government? Either way he's going against the government if it has to do with civil war. I don't know, I'm just worried about this movie already.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jashro44

@mrnoital said:

I have no idea how this is supposed to work, there aren't any heroes that wear masks (that we've heard of)

Well according to the black panther article on this site apparently black panther will be involved. I don't think it will exactly be like civil war but it seems like marvel plans on introducing some new characters in the film. At least thats my guess. They also have people like falcon, hawkeye, black widow. And then you have new people who will be added to the MCU like quicksilver, scarlet witch, vision, and ant man. So they will have some new characters by the time of civil war as well.