Ongoing Martian manhunter series

Avatar image for superbatspiderclops
superbatspiderclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would you read a Martian manhunter series, and if so who would you want to write and draw it

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@enzeru: well you certainly have a 1 in a million opinion

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree

Yes, I've been wanting one for awhile now. He's a great character, and if the series gets anywhere near the quality of the Ostrander run, we'll have a true gem on our hands.

As for the writer, Matt Kindt would be a good choice, he was doing a good job in the JLA backups. If not Kindt, I'd want Ales Kot, that dude has been killing it on everything he's been doing recently (Change, Suicide Squad).

I don't have one specific person in mind for the artist, I would just hope that they're not terrible. Somebody like Patrick Gleason, Cully Hamner, Rags Morales, Chris Burnham, or Jason Fabok would be great.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Yes, but only under the right conditions.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PeppeyHare

Yes I would. MMH is one of the best DC characters ever imo and is criminally underrated

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Yes I would. MMH is one of the best DC characters ever imo and is criminally underrated

Amen

@the_tree said:

Yes, I've been wanting one for awhile now. He's a great character, and if the series gets anywhere near the quality of the Ostrander run, we'll have a true gem on our hands.

As for the writer, Matt Kindt would be a good choice, he was doing a good job in the JLA backups. If not Kindt, I'd want Ales Kot, that dude has been killing it on everything he's been doing recently (Change, Suicide Squad).

I don't have one specific person in mind for the artist, I would just hope that they're not terrible. Somebody like Patrick Gleason, Cully Hamner, Rags Morales, Chris Burnham, or Jason Fabok would be great.

What about Mahnke?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

@avenging_x_bolt: Maybe. His art looked a little off in the latest issue of JLA.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ColaNicole

I kind of like him in JLA. His appearances feel at time quite mysterious, like when he went to the JL watchtower. I wouldn't buy his book, however, due to the fact DC take enough money as it is.

Avatar image for lightenupwillya
LightenUpWillYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I prefer my characters with more weaknesses. He doesn't seem to have any (As I remember his fear/weakness for fire was resolved in someway) I also don't like cosmic adventures. That's why I like Batman better, oh and also he has the most interesting villians.

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

How in Gods name has his dude not got his own series. He is one of the best character ever made and he is so underratted!

I MEAN LOOK AT THIS AWESOMENESS!

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only complaint is his super strength. He shouldn't have it. I don't care what reasons they've made.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yea totally my fav DC hero

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

How in Gods name has his dude not got his own series. He is one of the best character ever made and he is so underratted!

I MEAN LOOK AT THIS AWESOMENESS!

QFT

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@avenging_x_bolt: Maybe. His art looked a little off in the latest issue of JLA.

It depends on what inker he has, his splash page with Parallax Sinestro vs Hal is on the best pieces of art I've seen but then another inker comes along and messes up his art

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, i don't love reading about powerhouse

Avatar image for superbatspiderclops
superbatspiderclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to think that his lack of villians opens up a world of opportunity he could fight brainiac for crying out loud plus is alter ego is a detective so not all his adventures would be space related

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By FlashKnight

WELL SAID

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he kinda does right now doesnt he? i havent read the justice league of america forever evil books yet but doesnt it focus on MM?

maybe DC is seeing how this goes before having his own solo series

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By PapiNacho

Would love this, from a conceptual standpoint i have no idea how they can pull it off, when hardly anyone can pull off Superman, but Ièd love it nonetheless.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I like to think that his lack of villians opens up a world of opportunity he could fight brainiac for crying out loud plus is alter ego is a detective so not all his adventures would be space related

I actually think him vs Brainiac would be a good story because of MM's detective abilities. Have him solve and defeat Braniac in ways we haven't seen before. May never even have to go one on one. I agree he could have a few good detective story not using his flight or strength.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'm gonna be honest, there's about ten other characters I wanna see get a solo before MM.

1. Doom Patrol

2. Booster Gold

3. Nightwing & The Outsiders

4. Adam Strange

5. Gods of New Genesis

6. Secret Six

7. Zatanna

8. ...okay, only seven, but still. :P

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'd read an ongoing about Martian Manhunter no matter what, I have to say that it just doesn't seem right for New 52 MM. Pre-52 tried to blend in, walk among humanity, be one of us. That was interesting, because unlike Superman, he couldn't really be himself around anyone because he appeared so alien, and he came to Earth as an adult, when his behavior, culture, and ways of thinking were more or less set.

New 52 MM, from what I've seen, doesn't have that. He hasn't tried to blend in, he's just sat out in a desert until a matter required his attention. He's made little attempt to integrate with humans or find a life of his own on Earth. He's joined the Justice Leagues and Stormwatch, but he's always had ulterior motives. As he says with Stormwatch, he can appear to be a hero when it suits him, but he's a warrior.

Simply put, if we're talking about an ongoing starring Pre-52 MM? All over that like J'onn on some Oreos. New 52 MM as he is now? Still onboard, but I'm cautious.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Sadly, the perfect artist for MMH passed away. Scott Clark was one of the best artists if ever seen. As far as who i would like to write it I would nominate whoever wrote his backups in the new 52 JLA books

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'm gonna be honest, there's about ten other characters I wanna see get a solo before MM.

1. Doom Patrol

2. Booster Gold

3. Nightwing & The Outsiders

4. Adam Strange

5. Gods of New Genesis

6. Secret Six

7. Zatanna

8. ...okay, only seven, but still. :P

Yes!

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@the_stegman: I like how you gave each of the doom patrol members and every new god solos.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: I like how you gave each of the doom patrol members and every new god solos.

Okay, so perhaps I should have said, "ongoings" let's not break backs over wordplay :P

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@the_stegman: I agree. I would love a new gods title or an Orion solo much more than a MMH title....but if want that too

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you read a Martian manhunter series, and if so who would you want to write and draw it

I liked Ostrander's run. It was excellent. It was a character driven series and highlighted J'onn's inherent...for lack of a better expression...goodness.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Johns take on the Martian. And I like how he is currently portrayed in (Nu52) Justice League of America. More of a streamlined look than his previous portrayals.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#32  Edited By RazzaTazz

The series from the 90s was a little flat at times, though I only read a couple story arcs.