• 65 results
#1 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

If you could choose one power and only one what would it be? If you choose flight, you don't get any invulnerability or the ability to breathe at high speeds. Same with superspeed, you can run fast, but your mind and vision still process info at their normal rate.

#2 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Strength definatly

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Super strength could get dangerous if you're too strong and don't have other powers (or comic book phsyics) to support it. I want time control powers.

#4 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but yours has its flaws too

u wont have the power to control how much of time you change

#5 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I would still choose flight. Flight would rock. I could rig up a mask & breathing apparatus pretty easily. Unless I could fly at extremely high speeds, there wouldn't be a problem most of the time. I wouldn't be any different than breath while going high speed on a motorcycle without a helmet. Think of all the traffic bypassed, the shortcuts taken, the freedom of movement, the lack of fear to try to do things.

Yup, flight is the winner for me.

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"yeah but yours has its flaws toou wont have the power to control how much of time you change"

Why not? I'm not going back and altering the past. I'm not changing anything. Stopping it, slowing it down, speeding it up, that's good enough...for now.
Post Edited:2007-06-06 22:10:33

#7 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

well if you speed time up u wouldnt have control on to stop it

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Why wouldn't I be able to stop it? I said Time Control.

#9 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

well then why with flight you dont get the other abilites that would come with flying ahh nm

but im still all for strength i know how to control it

#10 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"I would still choose flight. Flight would rock. I could rig up a mask & breathing apparatus pretty easily. Unless I could fly at extremely high speeds, there wouldn't be a problem most of the time. I wouldn't be any different than breath while going high speed on a motorcycle without a helmet. Think of all the traffic bypassed, the shortcuts taken, the freedom of movement, the lack of fear to try to do things. Yup, flight is the winner for me."

I agree, it would really be scary landing (like when wing said the first time he landed he broke his legs). Flight would be outstanding. Stressful day take a quick "dip" into a few clouds and relax.

Invulnerability would be nice also.

#11 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

i like telekinics

#12 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"well then why with flight you dont get the other abilites that would come with flying ahh nm but im still all for strength i know how to control it"

Super Strength without Invulnerability? I dont know...

#13 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

well all the other powers i like would have major drawbacks

Radioactive blast energies

DArkness control

And Intelligence

#14 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

its called one power

#15 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"well all the other powers i like would have major drawbacks Radioactive blast energies DArkness control And Intelligence"

Why not have total molecular control? Then you could alter your molecular makeup so you can have additional powers. I guess that's not in the spirit of the question though.

#16 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm u do make a good point

#17 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

energy mastery

#18 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

telekenisis

#19 Posted by Li'l T-bo (145 posts) - - Show Bio

i would have to go with a mutant healing factor. no real drawbacks, and it would give you a lot of other superpower "side effects" (recovering quickly from over-exertion, immunity from basic poisons, able to fall long distances, sustain bullet wounds, etc.)

#20 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

I would enjoy the morphing ability.

#21 Posted by Nny (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Ditto. It gives you several other powers in one, after all . . . you can get gills, or wings, or tentacles, but it's all one power.

#22 Posted by Epic (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Having the healing ability would come in handy, you know just in case.

#23 Posted by Shatterstar (4547 posts) - - Show Bio

Monkey control.

#24 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar says:

"Monkey control."

Purple monkey control.

#25 Posted by Shatterstar (4547 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Shatterstar says:
"Monkey control."

Purple monkey control."

#26 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Molecular control.

#27 Posted by Solanum (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Either molecular control or the ability to control my shape. Between the two, molecular control - as long as it's very precise. I don't want to accidentally change myself into a platypus... or Lord Gambler for that matter. xD

#28 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want the power to know what power I wanted.

#29 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleon power to change to anyone and their abilities

#30 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously though, I'd wish for either shapeshifting, but probly the ability to adapt to anything like Darwin.

#31 Posted by speed (550 posts) - - Show Bio

the power to make wishes come true including my own

#32 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Sense.

#33 Posted by Tad (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"I'd want the power to know what power I wanted."

Hahaha, that would suck, 'cause then you'd know exactly what you wanted and not beable to get it.

Shapeshifting's always good, and then I thought that I'd like to never hafta sleep (never get tired, think of how much more time I'd have to waste!) and then I decided that I'd like to be able to organize my mind however I want it. Like I'd be able to focus my thoughts on whatever and just get things done! Of course if I wanted I could just let my thoughts run free as well by just not activating my powers.

I would never hafta take another ADHD pill again, I'd get my papers written and over with, I'd do soooo well on tests, I'd be able to work on figuring out the complexities of life.... SUH-WEET!

#34 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Tad says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"I'd want the power to know what power I wanted."

Hahaha, that would suck, 'cause then you'd know exactly what you wanted and not beable to get it.

Shapeshifting's always good, and then I thought that I'd like to never hafta sleep (never get tired, think of how much more time I'd have to waste!) and then I decided that I'd like to be able to organize my mind however I want it. Like I'd be able to focus my thoughts on whatever and just get things done! Of course if I wanted I could just let my thoughts run free as well by just not activating my powers.

I would never hafta take another ADHD pill again, I'd get my papers written and over with, I'd do soooo well on tests, I'd be able to work on figuring out the complexities of life.... SUH-WEET!"

Kinda the same thing if I could only have one wish, I'd wish to know what to wish for, or I'd wish for more time to think about what I wanted to wish for.

#35 Posted by Mother Brain (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Telekenisis who doesn't want to move things around from a distance?

#36 Posted by Bane_delete (804 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by Switch (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Morphing would be cool, but invulnerability would have so many advantages. Who needs comic book physics to be a hero when a bullet cant kill you.

#38 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I still say complete molecular control. You can do anything with that.

#39 Posted by Switch (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

But only stuff you were aware of. If someone shot you, your reaction time would be too slow to save yourself.

#40 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother Brain says:

"Telekenisis who doesn't want to move things around from a distance?"

Agreed.

#41 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Malcolm Rees says:

"But only stuff you were aware of. If someone shot you, your reaction time would be too slow to save yourself."

Really? Even after I changed my molecular makeup so I had every other conceivable power?

#42 Posted by Switch (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Malcolm Rees says:
"But only stuff you were aware of. If someone shot you, your reaction time would be too slow to save yourself."
Really? Even after I changed my molecular makeup so I had every other conceivable power?"

When you put it that way........

#43 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Telekinesis.

#44 Posted by Paint (22 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"

Darkchild says:

"well then why with flight you dont get the other abilites that would come with flying ahh nm but im still all for strength i know how to control it"

Super Strength without Invulnerability? I dont know...

"
That's Gentle's power. He's definatly not invulnerable. I'd have Hydrokinesis.
#45 Posted by King Hyperion (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have Mr. M's power:

#46 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
King Hyperion said:
"I'd have Mr. M's power:

"
Love his power, hate tha character.
#47 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Wisdom

#48 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Either super-strength, flying, or a healing factor.

#49 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5445 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to have the power to just touch a vehicle and know what needs fixing (exactly) even if there is no signs the vehicle needs repairs.  
If I had this abbility, I would become the best mechanic in the area and be a rich man with a huge garage :)
#50 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd choose intelligence over anything else. That way, I could construct things that would simulate superpowers, i.e. Iron Man's suit. 

Plus, I would be able to beat almost any other superpowered person because I would be able to build things that would exploit their weaknesses.