On Thanos and Death

kuffyruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not a longtime Marvel fan, so I'm not aware if this question has been answered in the comics yet.

If Thanos loves Mistress Death so much, why doesn't he simply choose to die (ex. suicide)/be killed and allow himself stay dead? I know she (Death) has been given a physical realm in the Marvel multiverse, meaning that he would be able to physically be with her should he die. This seems... contradictory, at best.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

strange titan

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a longtime Marvel fan, so I'm not aware if this question has been answered in the comics yet.

If Thanos loves Mistress Death so much, why doesn't he simply choose to die (ex. suicide)/be killed and allow himself stay dead? I know she (Death) has been given a physical realm in the Marvel multiverse, meaning that he would be able to physically be with her should he die. This seems... contradictory, at best.

Thanos has been with her physically several times while alive. It basically depends on whether she wants to be there or not. Even if he died, if she didn't want to see him (which would be a spiritual visit at that point, not a physical one, since Thanos doesn't have a body when he's dead), there's nothing he could do about it. Also, I believe she prevented him from dying for a time as a kind of punishment.

But mostly, especially in his early days, before she rejected him the first time, Thanos chose to express his love to her by sending other people to her realm. Lots and lots of other people.