On hijacking a universe...

BRAZEKOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It started years ago with the runaways, a passion more recently fueled by the "avengers academy" story arc. I really relate to these characters, and I feel they represent kids of my generation more than comics have ever before. Who can relate to the 'superhero' when you feel like your whole world is broken? This batch of characters has inspired me to write, and draw, and otherwise create, characters for Marvel for their new generation. Whether they choose to assimilate them or not, it would be by honor to just perform the task, and maybe even have some helpers. I'm limited in the sense that I cannot write fiction very well for this kind of format (well... I've never been taught how and a few attempts I had failed), regardless of all the ideas I seem to have, I just cannot communicate them properly. I am okay with drawing though. But I do have a question to the writers out there; If you were going to begin work fleshing out what may easily become a dozen characters, that need to fit into a preexisting story like Earth-616, where would you start? How do you decide on a starting point for your writing? Because naturally being more visual in my imagination I'm already thinking of how characters should look before I really understand who they are. Also, where do you set these characters? In the immediate generation alongside the new kids, the generation under them that won't come for many years, further than that?

I really need some guidance here from people who've written or drawn for comics before (even, especially, fanfic)

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@brazekool:

Just relax, have a hero or heroes, a villain and an evil scheme for said villain. Most story arks wrap up pretty conclusively, assuming you we're given the task of writing a Runaways book, you would probably inherit the characters in such a way that the story could go anywhere. Worry about making an exciting story and not about speaking to a generation, believe it or not people from different generations are pretty similar.

BRAZEKOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@brazekool:

Just relax, have a hero or heroes, a villain and an evil scheme for said villain. Most story arks wrap up pretty conclusively, assuming you we're given the task of writing a Runaways book, you would probably inherit the characters in such a way that the story could go anywhere. Worry about making an exciting story and not about speaking to a generation, believe it or not people from different generations are pretty similar.

Thanks. Aha I love your username.

Yeah I know I have a lot of energy and don't know what to do with it. You're right though. I'll keep it simple. Do one little story. If I am satisfied, I'll do more.