#1 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Why hello there!

Wait! Don't go!

I know you only came here because you wanted to talk about why your favorite A-list superhero is better than another person's A-list superhero, but the title of this thread was merely a red herring. A blatant trap designed to capture two minutes of your attention.

Indulge in this short exercise.

STEP 1: Pick a character you love not named "Batman," "Superman," "Spider-Man," or "Wolverine." Keep that character's name fixed in your head. Now, go to that character's respective forum here on ComicVine and make a new post. About anything. Ask a question. Post a review. Talk about why you love that character.

STEP 2: Then look for another person's thread with maybe one, two, or zero responses about this same character you love. Post a thoughtful response and give the discussion some new life. Take that deader-than-dead thread and add something meaningful to it.

STEP 3: Repeat the two steps above each time you visit ComicVine. There is life outside the Big 4. And there are people who share your interests outside the Big 4.

That is all.

#2 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

>_>

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (40519 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (40519 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry man, I love Batman and Wolverine too much to think about any other character!

#5 Posted by i_like_swords (13800 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay sorry but I can't see myself doing that every time I hop on..

However, I don't do it for the big 4 either so I don't see the issue.

#6 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's With Me?!.

#7 Posted by Bezza (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

Good post, but it will never catch on! Oh and you forgot to include Hulk in that list of A listers!

But as a massive "Flash" fan, I will take you up on your suggestion!

#8 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it'd be better if you put Superman Batman Wonder Woman Green Lantern Flash and Aquaman and Hulk Spider-Man Iron Man Wolverine Captain America and Thor. try to get people to steer away from the main 6 characters of each company because those 6 character's are what holds both companies up.

#9 Edited by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Given characters thread? Do you mean the character forums?
Either way no one is gonna talk about Rice Boy.

While I think this thread has good intentions, this is not the way to get people interested in lesser known characters.

#10 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is stupid.

#11 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it'd be better if you put Superman Batman Wonder Woman Green Lantern Flash and Aquaman and Hulk Spider-Man Iron Man Wolverine Captain America and Thor. try to get people to steer away from the main 6 characters of each company because those 6 character's are what holds both companies up.

Outside the Big 4, many of those forums are deader than dead.

@end_boss said:

This thread is stupid.

Funny animated gif for The Big Lebowski

#12 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker: Outside any of the big 6 from each company we would have pretty much no threads what so ever.

#13 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

is wolverine even in the big 4 now? maybe inside the community... but in that case it's more like big 6 or big 7

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (40519 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy:

Before the X films, I would agree with you, but after the films, I think it reasonable to say Wolverine has broken into the big 4.

#15 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I do it all the time for Cap.

#16 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: The Marvel Studios films are becoming far more popular than the X films. I think Iron Man might be part of the big 4 now (even though I like Wolverine much more than him).

#17 Posted by Binski (647 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine forum here I come

#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (40519 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

True, right now I think the Big Four looks like this.

1. Batman

2. Superman

3. Iron Man

4. Wolverine

#19 Posted by rugrat (174 posts) - - Show Bio

only marvel and dc what about these manga characters eh

#20 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

@rugrat: Not even close to as popular as the 4 mentioned.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (40519 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

I'd say he's constantly switching the 4th and 5th spot with Wolverine.

#23 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy:

Before the X films, I would agree with you, but after the films, I think it reasonable to say Wolverine has broken into the big 4.

what? I think it's the total opposite actually... the X films didn't seem to popularize him that much... it might have hurt it's image to some people actually

#24 Posted by rugrat (174 posts) - - Show Bio

what about the bad guys

vader

dr doom

magneto

doomsday