omega men Lobo is better then New 52 Lobo

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Devilhands

I have been a big fan of Omega men comics. My favorite character was Lobo. I thoroughly enjoyed Lobo in this series.

Lobo was a cruel SOB who enjoyed killing more then anything. I enjoyed his cold heart and his don't give care attitude. I was satisfied with the 90 versions of Lobo. I could tolerate the whole parody and jokes.

However this Little 52 rugrat Lobo. Honestly is a disgrace. They basically made him into a pretty wanna be bad a%%. Oh please a vicious killer with a heart of gold. Oh please what a cliche.

No Caption Provided

I mean come on could NEW 52 Lobo be that cold and sadistic? He is more made for teen girls.

Original Lobo had much better lines. "Did anyone ever tell you how you glow when you're angry? I'll bet that's how you looked the first time you ever -- that's assuming of course that you ever lost your... innocence.

--Lobo
Trying to make new 52 Lobo sound educated and suave. Makes me wanna fall asleep.

However It all boils down to if it sells or not. So far it has not been selling so very well. I have even asked non Lobo fans to look at both old Lobo and New Lobo. Basically every one that I talked to had no desire for any Lobo. But if they had to pick they chose 90's over the New 52.The Omega men was more of a man then both 90'S and New 52 Lobo. Yeah he looked wearied but was more better looking then the NEW 52 LOBO.

So from the data I collected. New 52 Lobo will lead to its own death. I have read the comics and articles. Basically what made him stick out is now gone and the new 52 Does not have the right stuff to stick out. New 52 Lobo is now another generic comic.

I mean Rocket Raccon pretty much sums up DC comics. Rocket Raccoon: [Rocket dumbly stares at Drax for a few seconds, then mocks him] "Aww, boo-hoo. My wife and child are dead."

Seriously DC trying to make more Batmans? What a one trick pony you are. At least Marvel has more guts and loyalty then DC could ever have.

Also if the old hard core fans aint going to read it and new fans who know nothing about him won't even try. I have seen this first hand at talking to people and watching people in the comic store reaction towards it. I mean comic stores are having a hard time to sell him.

DC picked a poor choice of a design and attitude for Lobo. I admit I was for the change but how they chose to market and slap a Lobo sticker on a pretty boy. Does not make it sell. They should have put a new name for him and he would have been successful probably. This is basically Halloween 3 season of the witch all over again.

By the way don't call me close minded. My first comics where omega men. I am a big fan of THE TRUE LOBO!!! From the omega series. And this new 52 as nothing on him. Yes I read those CUTE new 52 Lobo comics from cameos and his comic. All I gotta say is what a pity I had high hopes but what an insult. I would rather swallow glass then have to read the new 52 lobo again.

Sorry oh wait im not sorry. DC has killed Lobo by poor marketing and choices.

Oh by the way Old fans of the Lobo comics. Just because Cullen Bunn said ""It sure looks that way."" Does not mean to give up hope. Im sure Old Lobo will return and replace new 52 Lobo. Its only logical I mean poor reviews and sales have sealed it fate already.

As for new 52 Lobo fans enjoy your cute Lobo. How adorable he is. He won't last long. 10 to 12 issues. Thats because new 52 Comics keep em out that long in hopes they sell the crap.

As for me I will still wait and see if DC every go back to Lobo's true roots.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Close-minded.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devilhands

How am I close minded? Im going based on facts, sales, and peoples reaction. At least im not so easy going swallow crap that DC trys to sells. I tried to like new 52 Lobo. I honestly can't stand New 52 or the 90's version. I enjoy the Omega men one.

So where your arguments and facts? I don't see you even trying. You just say closes minded and there. So enjoy your pretty Boy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilhands: You said not to call you close minded, and I don't like you, so I called you close minded.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh really? How mature. I wanted a debate not some some child saying I don't like you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilhands: Oh, you wanted a debate? I'm sorry, I thought you were just explaining why you like a character that you insist has no redeeming qualities.

Also, protip- learn to use the reply button, that way I know when you're talking to me.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Devilhands

Who else am I talking to? Your the only one here. I was just explaining my point of view. I notice you have been poping up on this threads? Whats the matter got nothing better to do?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

The Main Man > All other Lobos.

'cept for maybe this one.

No Caption Provided

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I've never been a fan of Lobo. But I certainly understand the frustration with DC neutering their characters.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilhands: Seriously, dude, learn to use the reply function.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? who cares? why are you even here?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow...OK, where to start.

1. For a Lobo fan, you're sounding really sensitive here.

2. You liked Lobo because he was a jerk, for the sake of being a jerk. That's not so much original as it is lazy, but whatevs.

3. Not too long ago, weren't you saying to "old Lobo fans" not to let people bully them? Yet, you're coming off like a pretty huge d!(k to Post-Flashpoint Lobo fans.

4. You say Post-Flashpoint Lobo is a cliche and won't succeed, but you say if he wasn't Lobo he could possibly succeed. Really? Really? Really!?

5. GET. OVER. IT.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: First off im just stating my thoughts no need to get all huffy about it. WHY DON'T YOU MIND YOUR OWN BUSSINESS!!

As for the succeding part no chance will the new 52 Last Lobo will last. Because of the name. Im just standing up for people.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By deadcool_XD
ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: First off im just stating my thoughts no need to get all huffy about it. WHY DON'T YOU MIND YOUR OWN BUSSINESS!!

As for the succeding part no chance will the new 52 Last Lobo will last. Because of the name. Im just standing up for people.

First off, nobody is getting huffy except you. I'm not the one misspelling words and implying yelling with exclamation points and capitalization.

Secondly, I've made this topic my business because I chose to give you a response. If you don't like it, you should have thought about that before you made the thread.

Lastly, you're not standing up for anyone. You're bashing a character you don't like and praising people who agree with you, while being a jerk to those who don't.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:

Lobo issue 1

Rank 66

Sales 39,407

Lobo issue 2

Rank 93

Sales 25,881

Lobo issue 3

Rank 129

Lobo issue 4

Lobo issue 5

Rank 147

Sales 14,770

Lobo issue 6

Sales: 13,715

And 7 months later no one is really reading new 52 Lobo.

I believe in researching and studying and not just looking at the surface of the problem. I have to talked to people both new fans and old fans. And got their opinions and ideas. And if they said the book was good and the sales would back it up I would respect it. But thats the case. Even the new fan base have a hard time liking him. Which this book was made for them. So my argument is the new fan base should have weighed the old one. But the truth is its not the old fan base that is causing problems. Its both new and Old they just don't like him. Trust me a ton of old Lobo fans tried reading it and it just did not work out. I mean these fans went up to like issue 5 and 6. So both fan bases are trying but in the end they usual wind up dropping it.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus:

I agree with you. Both the old fan base and new fan base are saying the same thing. 7 months and this comic is still dieing. So either a new reboot will happen or old Lobo will return or they will quit with Lobo all together. If no one believes me its called read the reviews and see the sales.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is what happens when someone becomes incredibly obsessed with a fit iona character.....How many people are you actually asking? A handful of your friends does not count. While I agree new 52 Lobo is pretty crappy, it's hard being original these days. Almost everything has been done.90s Lobo was pretty cool...in the 90s. Now that stuff is just overplayed. Could his evolution have been better? Yeah but let's not act like Lobo was ever original.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Let's be honest here. The ONLY reason that sales are low, is because people automatically hated New 52 Lobo.

And it was and is only because he's not the Lobo they grew up with. As if they don't realize that one day we are going to die. Things change, get over it because in the next thirty years comics may be a dead medium.

This is comics fans "Man, DC/Marvel needs to shake things up.

DC: "We've got some big things on the way. Batman is moving into another cave not under Wayne Manor, but Under an abandoned hospital."

Fans: "Booooooo!!!"

DC: Alright, how about we just make Batman the master of 157 martial arts? Oh, and an inch taller"

Fans: "Yaaaaaay!!"

Marvel:"We've decided to make Peter Parker a brunette."

Fans: "Booooooo!!"

Marvel: "Ummm.. Its only hair dye that he wears in two panels?? And he's a bit faster?'

Fans: "Is everything going to be the exact same except for the speed upgrade?"

Marvel: "Yep."

Fans: "Then yaaaay!"

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:

Lobo issue 1

Rank 66

Sales 39,407

Lobo issue 2

Rank 93

Sales 25,881

Lobo issue 3

Rank 129

Lobo issue 4

Lobo issue 5

Rank 147

Sales 14,770

Lobo issue 6

Sales: 13,715

And 7 months later no one is really reading new 52 Lobo.

I believe in researching and studying and not just looking at the surface of the problem. I have to talked to people both new fans and old fans. And got their opinions and ideas. And if they said the book was good and the sales would back it up I would respect it. But thats the case. Even the new fan base have a hard time liking him. Which this book was made for them. So my argument is the new fan base should have weighed the old one. But the truth is its not the old fan base that is causing problems. Its both new and Old they just don't like him. Trust me a ton of old Lobo fans tried reading it and it just did not work out. I mean these fans went up to like issue 5 and 6. So both fan bases are trying but in the end they usual wind up dropping it.

Cool story, bro.

However, I believe in reading what I like and I like Lobo. If other people don't like it, tough. Don't read it. Let the people that enjoy the book enjoy the book.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: I know that. But he was still doomed based on appearance alone.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.

Beata