Older DC comic book runs

JennaR85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JennaR85

i am looking to extend my knowledge of older DC comic book runs, as in one off stories that last for only a certain amount of comics for example, death of the family or year one. i have a fairly good knowledge of the Batman and Superman ones. i am looking for ones more to do with The Flash, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Teen Titans or any villian stories! or just any superhero from the DC world

Any help would be appreciated

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

How far back do you want to go? The Flash run by Mark Waid was pretty good. (The Return of Barry Allen.) Green Arrow had The Longbow Hunter (I've not read, heard good things about) There was also the classics in the 70's when he co-starred in Green Lanterns book. (Those issues are very expensive, might want to look for a trade.) Teen Titans, The whole Wolfman/Perez run was really good. I know "The Judas Contract" has a trade.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Strange-Apparitions-Beyond-Comics/dp/1563895005/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=17APKN2RGWQQDQC70P1A

As I always recommend the Englehart/Rogers run on Detective from the 70's. O'Neil and Adams did some great Bat stories earlier in Batman.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Illustrated-Vol-Neal-Adams/dp/1401200419/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1287088050&sr=8-7

Sadly, Neal Adams felt the need to re-do the coloring for this trade, but the stories are still there.

JennaR85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@manwhohaseverything:

I don't mind how far back, as long as the runs were good. Thanks for the tips, I've not read any of those, that is what I love about comics, you can never read it all, always something new to learn. Will definitely give them a read thanks. If you think of any more let me know :)

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By lightsout

Geoff Johns' runs on Flash & Teen Titans were really good. MM solo from 1998 was good (wasn't keen on the art, but loved the stories). Green Arrow - Year One (2007) was good too. (My take on "older" being finished, pre-52)